ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong house title sent on FLR(M) - Issue and send now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ridgem
Newly Registered

Wrong house title sent on FLR(M) - Issue and send now?

Post by ridgem » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for any advice. This forum has been such a fantastic source of support and information!

I submitted my biometrics for my submitted FLR(M) on 4 October. I am anxiously awaiting any news as I am scheduled to leave to visit my family for Christmas on 15 December and fear I have cut it way too close!

I realised that I submitted the title to our house with the old owners' names on it. This was the title copy we received prior to completion on the house. I am not sure how this mistake happened, but I also included a letter from my lawyer to me confirming the successful final sale of the property and the price paid. The instructions after I submitted our application didn't actually ask for any proof of tenancy/house ownership, but I submitted this anyways in order to be complete.

(1) What are the opinions on whether this is a big problem for our application?
(2) Should I send the correct title copy in anticipation of it being an issue? Might this just further slow the application down?

Would be extremely grateful for any insights. Thanks!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Wrong house title sent on FLR(M) - Issue and send now?

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am

This would likely be at the discretion of whoever is reviewing the application. If they have doubts as to ownership since you submitted conflicting information, there is a possibility they would ask for additional information to clarify. It is also possible they would accept the information you did provide as proof of accommodation. Any chance you also submitted a mortgage statement or similar as evidence? I don't think there is a way to submit new documentation this far into the process so all you can really do is wait and hope for the best.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ridgem
Newly Registered

Post by ridgem » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Thank you for the reply. I didn't include a mortgage statement as it was a cash purchase, but I did include a letter and receipt from my lawyer who processed the payment/ transfer for the house. I'm hoping this will offset my mistake!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:27 pm

If nothing else that should prompt them to follow up and request additional documentation or the correct title.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:46 pm

ridgem wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 pm
Hello all,

Thank you in advance for any advice. This forum has been such a fantastic source of support and information!

I submitted my biometrics for my submitted FLR(M) on 4 October. I am anxiously awaiting any news as I am scheduled to leave to visit my family for Christmas on 15 December and fear I have cut it way too close!

I realised that I submitted the title to our house with the old owners' names on it. This was the title copy we received prior to completion on the house. I am not sure how this mistake happened, but I also included a letter from my lawyer to me confirming the successful final sale of the property and the price paid. The instructions after I submitted our application didn't actually ask for any proof of tenancy/house ownership, but I submitted this anyways in order to be complete.

(1) What are the opinions on whether this is a big problem for our application?
(2) Should I send the correct title copy in anticipation of it being an issue? Might this just further slow the application down?

Would be extremely grateful for any insights. Thanks!
If you have other proof of purchase of property then don't include the title deed with other person name.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.