ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 General Visa Application Priority Service and UK Decision Making Center Sheffield + Sheffield RAINS !!!!!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Query from UK Decision Making Centre

Post by Sidmoe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi community members,

I have applied for a Tier 2 General Visa with my 2 dependents recently.
I received emails from the UK Decision making center and looking at the email address, I presume this is based in Sheffield.

I have made a mistake in the question "Date you plan to arrive in the UK" and entered it as 06 December 2020 instead of 07 January 2020. My dependents visa forms have the correct date.

The decision making center emailed me to update me that I have entered a wrong date in the application form as they cant issue visas 12 months into the future and they acknowledge that this is a type error and required me to confirm my travel date by providing a new travel date.

I have scanned the front page of the application crossing out my error and writing the new correct date and signed next to it to confirm the amendment and emailed it back to the provided email address for sending the information quoting the application reference in the subject line as required within the timeframe required to provide my confirmation. I have received an automated email stating that the information is received and will be added to my application information.

My queries -
1. Do you think the above is suitable to close the query and the Entry clearance officers will look at the explanation and the correction in light of the update I provided.

2. I have also opted to pay extra for Priority Service, do you think they will still process it in 5 days or a new 5 day window begins from the date of my response.

3. Do you think I can call or email the paid inquiry options (email / phonecall) to inquire where my application is at this point of time?

4. Is there any other inquiry page where I can enter GWF number to inquire my visa application information.

Kind regards
Sidmoe (very anxious !!!!) :? :shock: :?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Query from UK Decision Making Centre

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello

1 - Yes, you did exactly what you needed to do. You answered their email in time. Corrected the error and got a confirmation. So it's rolling.

2 - The Priority service works best when there are no errors / mistakes or other things that may complicate the application. Often the Home Office goes beyond that SLA if more time is needed to process the application.

3 - Why not. You can always try but I never found them giving too specific answers.

4 - I am not aware about any detailed / UPS style tracking system.

No need to be anxious. Just wait for it and it will come in due course.

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Re: Query from UK Decision Making Centre

Post by Sidmoe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 pm
Hello

1 - Yes, you did exactly what you needed to do. You answered their email in time. Corrected the error and got a confirmation. So it's rolling.

2 - The Priority service works best when there are no errors / mistakes or other things that may complicate the application. Often the Home Office goes beyond that SLA if more time is needed to process the application.

3 - Why not. You can always try but I never found them giving too specific answers.

4 - I am not aware about any detailed / UPS style tracking system.

No need to be anxious. Just wait for it and it will come in due course.
Thank you very much Zerubbabel for your quick reply, I will keep you updated on any further queries (hoping for none :) ).
As an T2G applicant, the whole process of applying and getting to this stage was quite a task and I was just annoyed with myself to make such a mistake despite reviewing it over and over again however I am glad they compared travel dates with my dependents and noted this to be a typo rather than reject it outright. Super thanks once again , I shall let my nails grow again :D

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 2 General Visa Application Priority Service and UK Decision Making Center Sheffield + Sheffield RAINS !!!!!!!

Post by Sidmoe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:15 am

Hi Community members,

I have had my Tier 2 Visa appointment at the VFS Priority Center in Al Khobar Saudi Arabia on Sunday 10th of November (Yes, Sunday is a working day in Saudi Arabia! official weekend is Fri and Sat) opting for the 5 day priority service for me, my wife and my son. We had our biometrics done on the same date i.e. 10th of Nov 2019.

I received an email confirmation from Sheffield UK Decision Making Center acknowledging our documents being received on Monday, 11th of November 2019 for me and my dependents.

There was a query email on the 11th of November stating that I had entered 06/12/2020 as my date of travel, long story short I made a typo as my wife and son had the correct date of 07/01/2020 as travel date. They said as they cant issue visas for greater than 6 months in advance and my date of 06/12/2020 possibly being a type error gave me 2 options to either [email extract below]-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please provide the following documents:

Confirmation of travel date - you have specified a date of 6/12/20. We are unable to issue a travel date greater than 6 months in advance. We appreciate that this may have been a type error on your behalf. However, in order for us to continue processing your application please confirm either:

1. The new travel date.
2. That you wish to withdraw your application and that you'll re-apply nearer to your specified date.

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to EMAIL_ADDRESS_REMOVED_FOR_PRIVACY@fco.gov.uk …………………………………………….

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confirmed point 1 - my travel date and shared the front page of my Visa form by crossing out the incorrect date and writing the correct date and signing next to it. Once responded, I got a automated reply back saying they have received it and will be linked to my application.

My queries are -

1. Not sure if they will still process in priority service, even if they do they start fresh from the date of receiving the response I provided which was done on 14th of November.

2. Sheffield currently is going through its worst flooding in memory due to torrential rains and more rain predicted. Does the UK decision making center stop working around this time or backup officers can perform work as this is a disaster event and I expect UKVI to have some sort of Disaster Recovery Plans in place for events like this.

3. The inquiry email and call options seem to be pretty much useless as its a 3rd party system and giving them my and my dependents GWF numbers will most likely not get us any great updates, I am going by reading what most people have replied on the forum threads here...…. is it recommended to use them and what kind of responses can they provide such as is the visa case being processed and what stage it is in etc.

Thanks
Sidmoe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 2 General Visa Application Priority Service and UK Decision Making Center Sheffield + Sheffield RAINS !!!!!!

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:41 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Tier 2 General Visa Application Priority Service and UK Decision Making Center Sheffield + Sheffield RAINS !!!!!!

Post by Sidmoe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Apologies CR001, felt I needed to explain my predicament in more details.

Does the Sheffield center work during adverse weather events (silly question) but I am on a tight schedule with my date of start and notice period and wanted to get updates if everything is ok.