ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of intention - Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Naima10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Notice of intention - Spouse visa

Post by Naima10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Hello house,

I’ve got a worrisome question but first I’ll give a bit of a backstory. I’m currently on a tier 4, I did my bachelors degree in the UK and I went back to my country to get another visa extension for my masters which has been approved. My boyfriend and I met in uni (2017) and we’ve been together since then.

We do want to get married next year and I’m well aware that we need to give notice to the registry, my biometric residence permit card becomes effect from the 29th of this month and I’m worried that when I go to give notice, they might assume that my relationship is not genuine because of the current date on my card. I intend to give notice the second week of December and I’m worried sick they might turn us down.

Now my question is;

Will they be wondering the genuineness of the relationship and raise the alarm to home office?

Do I need to bring along my old BRP card with me to show them?

Do I also need to explain to them that I’ve been in the UK since 2015 and the current proof of residency doesn’t negate my relationship?

Furthermore we are still both young (23 and 22) and I was wondering if this will also be another reasons for them to question us?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Notice of intention - Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Read about all steps, procedure & documents here:

https://www.gov.uk/get-married-in-england-or-wales
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Naima10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Naima10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:05 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:46 pm
Read about all steps, procedure & documents here:

https://www.gov.uk/get-married-in-england-or-wales
Hi thanks for your response.

I’ve visited the link a couple of times and I’ve got all of that down. I was just wondering if I need to explain the reason why I’ve got a new BRP. Do I need to explain to them at the office that I’ve been in this country longer enough to form a genuine relationship. This is just incase they look at my new BRP and think something is not right.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:07 pm

You are overthinking the process. The Registry office is simply where you give notice. Once you do that, they inform HO and the notice period could be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and/or interview each of you separately. When HO is happy, they give you approval to marry. So the decision is HO's not the Registry Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Naima10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Naima10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:07 pm
You are overthinking the process. The Registry office is simply where you give notice. Once you do that, they inform HO and the notice period could be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and/or interview each of you separately. When HO is happy, they give you approval to marry. So the decision is HO's not the Registry Office.
Thank you. I’m just a walking bag of anxiety so I’m just trying to make sure I leave no gaps for hard scrutiny

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Naima10 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 pm
Thank you. I’m just a walking bag of anxiety so I’m just trying to make sure I leave no gaps for hard scrutiny
Keep saved some portion of your anxiety for the process of spouse visa which sometimes is a great ordeal. I am sure you should already knew that for spouse visa there is a financial requirement of £18600 and having an uncrowded accomodation. You may be easily prove your subsisting relationships and also your English language due to having UK bachelor degree.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Naima10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Naima10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:17 pm
Naima10 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 pm
Keep saved some portion of your anxiety for the process of spouse visa which sometimes is a great ordeal. I am sure you should already knew that for spouse visa there is a financial requirement of £18600 and having an uncrowded accomodation. You may be easily prove your subsisting relationships and also your English language due to having UK bachelor degree.
Hahaha yeah I have another bag full of that to spare for the visa ordeal! I’ve applied for different visas half of my adult life and it never gets better than the last.

My sponsor meets the £18,600 requirement. I live in a three bedroom house with my uncle and my cousin. I have a double bedroom and I’ll get my uncle to write a letter to state that he’s happy to accommodate my boyfriend. I know I also have to get the property inspection report. My uncle and I have the same last name. Do you think I’m fine for the accommodation bit?

This is the only bit I think will be an issue for me and renting isn’t on our priority list for now.