ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent switch within the UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pdcosta1981
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent switch within the UK

Post by pdcosta1981 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi,

I have applied for the Tier 1 Exception Talent Visa endorsement from Tech nation in the first week of November.

I have a specific question and request any advise on it - many thanks

I am on a PBS dependent visa (dependent on Tier 2 ICT Migrant - my wife). If i get endorsed, will i be able to apply to switch to Tier 1 visa from within the UK or will I have to apply from my home country.

I have researched the Home office website and many forums - but havent got any clear answer.

Regards

PD

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent switch within the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Home Office website is fairly clear on who can switch. Tier 2 ICT dependent is not one of the eligible categories. You have to apply from home country.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-t ... -this-visa
Switch to this visa

You can apply to switch to a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if you’re already in the UK with any of these visa types:

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 5 (Temporary worker - Government Authorised Exchange) on an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers

You can choose how long you want to apply for, up to a maximum of 5 years. You only have to pay the healthcare surcharge for the amount of time you choose to stay.

You must leave the UK and make your application from abroad if you’re in another category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pdcosta1981
Newly Registered

Post by pdcosta1981 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi CROO1,

Thank you so much for your response.

Another fallout question if you can help. If i apply remotely from my Home country then is there a fast track/priority service. Or is that facility only available within the UK?

Regards

Pradeep

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Unsure what would be available based on the route and where you apply from, but decision apparently don't take long.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-talent/apply
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.