ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Income requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flat21
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Income requirement

Post by flat21 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:06 am

I am a Filipino settled in the UK. I recently just got married in The Philippines and went back to the UK leaving my wife. We are now planning on applying a Spouse visa for her so she can be with me in the UK however upon reading the requirements, the only concern we have is the income requirement.

According to the Gov.UK website "You and your partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year if: you’re applying as a partner, you want to settle in the UK (get ‘indefinite leave to remain’) within 5 years."

Also, this section: "What counts as income, You and your partner can use: cash savings above £16,000"

We do not have £16,000 so does that mean i must have a job that pays £18,600 annually?

However this section here confuses me the most.
"If you cannot meet the minimum income requirement
You need to show you and your partner meet the minimum income requirement if you want to settle in 5 years as a partner.
If you do not meet the requirement, you may be able to settle in 10 years."
Could someone explain what these all mean pls? thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Income requirement

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:23 am

For meeting the financial requirement you must have been earning £18600 annually or have cash savings of £62500. First £16000 will be excluded from calculations if you are combining cash savings with your earnings to cover any shortfall. For bringing your partner from outside the UK you must have to meet the financial requirement as above.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:25 am

We do not have £16,000 so does that mean i must have a job that pays £18,600 annually?
Yes and you must have at least 6 months evidence of meeting the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flat21
Newly Registered

Post by flat21 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:19 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:23 am
For meeting the financial requirement you must have been earning £18600 annually or have cash savings of £62500. First £16000 will be excluded from calculations if you are combining cash savings with your earnings to cover any shortfall. For bringing your partner from outside the UK you must have to meet the financial requirement as above.
Thats a lot of required income.
What about this section here;
"You need to show you and your partner meet the minimum income requirement if you want to settle in 5 years as a partner. If you do not meet the requirement, you may be able to settle in 10 years."

Does that mean we can still apply without meeting the minimum requirements and still have a chance of getting approved? If so, what is the minimum requirements for being able to settle in 10 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:24 am

10 year route applications from outside the UK are rarely approved and usually only when British children are involved etc, which doesn't appear to be the case for you.

You need to meet the income requirement to be able to sponsor your spouse otherwise it will be refused.

What do you currently earn? You need a minimum of £1550 per month before deductions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flat21
Newly Registered

Post by flat21 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:24 am
10 year route applications from outside the UK are rarely approved and usually only when British children are involved etc, which doesn't appear to be the case for you.

You need to meet the income requirement to be able to sponsor your spouse otherwise it will be refused.

What do you currently earn? You need a minimum of £1550 per month before deductions.
I am earning £1416 per month before deduction, where can i see the £1550 minimum? is that for the 10 year route?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 pm

flat21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:04 pm
I am earning £1416 per month before deduction, where can i see the £1550 minimum? is that for the 10 year route?
No, it is the requirement for the normal 5 year spouse visa.

Appendix 1.7 below explains the financial requirement. £18,600pa = £1550 per month.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

You will likely need either a salary increase or you will need to get a second job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

flat21
Newly Registered

Post by flat21 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 pm
flat21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:04 pm
No, it is the requirement for the normal 5 year spouse visa.

Appendix 1.7 below explains the financial requirement. £18,600pa = £1550 per month.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

You will likely need either a salary increase or you will need to get a second job.
Make sense. I do have another concern, im hoping to have my wife here in the UK around April which is 5 months from now, if i were to find a new job next month(or by the end of this month) that pays more than £1550 per month, would i be able to use my payslip from my previous job which pays £1416? Would this still be approvable?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:07 pm

flat21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Make sense. I do have another concern, im hoping to have my wife here in the UK around April which is 5 months from now, if i were to find a new job next month(or by the end of this month) that pays more than £1550 per month, would i be able to use my payslip from my previous job which pays £1416? Would this still be approvable?
Yes but under category B if you won't have worked for 6 months with new employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.