ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé visa application query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Floopy111
Newly Registered

Fiancé visa application query

Post by Floopy111 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice in relation to the fiancé visa supporting documentation.

My fiancé is Canadian, we applied yesterday for his fiancé visa and he has his appointment in Vancouver on Tuesday to scan in all the supporting documents. I have completely familiarised myself with the process / expectations and am confident we meet all of the other criteria.

However, as we are having a really small ceremony at the registry office with just a party at a pub the weekend after, we haven’t made any solid wedding plans yet. We have photos of the rings we will use (as they are family heirlooms) and this is explained in our letters too. We have emailed some pubs to acquire their menus and ask for costs. We originally stated that our wedding would be December / January (we were pretty ambitious with our dates!) but again, we have explained in our letters that we aren’t going to book anything until the fiancé visa is granted and we have both explained what our ceremony will be like, where it will be and who will attend. I also have included an email from the registry office explaining the process of giving notice, and the cost of the ceremony there. This email clarified that we should give notice when my fiancé comes to the UK and at that point we can book our registrar.

I can see that one of the criteria of the visa is to provide our proof of intent to marry so my question is, as we haven’t booked anything, will the information detailed above and our explanation be sufficient? We have both got ourselves a little worked up and worried about it so I wondered if anyone has been in the same situation and had their visa granted? I am not sure what else we can do now, but if there is anything else at all anyone thinks we can do to help our application / any further supporting documentation we could gain in the next couple of days then please do let me know?

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Re: Fiancé visa application query

Post by KristianDLloyd » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:55 pm

First, congratulations to you both! The visa process is a daunting process, but it will be worth it!

We too had a small gathering at a Registry Office with 15 guests at a local hotel/wedding venue for our ‘reception’.

As proof of our intent to marry, we provided:
- receipt for rings and;
- email correspondence and booking confirmation for our ceremony.

Have you discussed a tentative booking with your Registrar too? It is not a legal requirement to have given notice prior to booking a ceremony.

In our case, my partner and I booked a tentative date with the Registrar with the flexibility to amend the date two times. Once we had his visa, I moved the date (as he wouldn’t have sufficient time to give notice) and paid in full.

Hope this helps!

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019
Decision: Granted

Floopy111
Newly Registered

Re: Fiancé visa application query

Post by Floopy111 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi Kristian,

Thanks so much for your reply! It really is so daunting... Congratulations on your success!

Thank you as well for the advice. My concern is that if we now booked the registrar, this booking will be dated after the actual date of our online application... I think this may cause an issue but I’m not sure...

Could anyone else advise on this?