ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa of mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Visit visa of mother

Post by Daisy12 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm

I am currently on tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa which is valid till 12 january 2020. My husband recently got ILR . I applied for my mother visit visa to UK on 5th nov and on 11th nov it got rejected. Our baby is due next month and we want our mother to be with us on that moment. My father financially sponsored this visa as my mum is a house wife. Reason for rejection:
1) enough money in the bank but no appropriate source of income
2) time of stay mentioned during visit 20 nov2019-20 january 2020. Home office said your daughter visa is going to expire on 12 jan .
Now what if we both financially sponsor my mother for visit visa what are its requirements ???? Both of our incomes £18,000 yearly.

Any other suggestions???

Singh_harv
India

Re: Visit visa of mother

Post by Singh_harv » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Can you provide the exact refusal reason?

What financial documents did you submit of your father?

The second reason can be covered by showing your husbands ILR which makes you entitled to stay beyond 12th jan.

I was same situation when my wife was due and in laws visa was refused. You will need to provide strong documentation now in order to succeed.

Please list what documents of sponsors and applicants did you submit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:18 pm
The second reason can be covered by showing your husbands ILR which makes you entitled to stay beyond 12th jan.
Husband holding ilr gives the op no automatic entitlement to stay in the UK after visa expires. This is very misleading advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 pm
[quote=Singh_harv post_id=<a href="tel:1848832">1848832</a> time=<a href="tel:1574025489">1574025489</a> user_id=207695]
Husband holding ilr gives the op no automatic entitlement to stay in the UK after visa expires. This is very misleading advice.
[/quote]

Husband having ILR makes her entitled to apply for extension or ILr depending on her circumstances. Which can be demonstrated to the ECO who has pointed her visa expiry. It can also be mentioned in future that she cannot apply 28 days before her visa expiry even though they might be aware.

She already stated both are earning 18,000 yearly so Do not think there will be any problem in extension.

When my in laws arrived in july, wifes visa was expiring in august. Eco had no problem then.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 pm
Husband having ILR makes her entitled to apply for extension or ILr depending on her circumstances. Which can be demonstrated to the ECO who has pointed her visa expiry. It can also be mentioned in future that she cannot apply 28 days before her visa expiry even though they might be aware.

She already stated both are earning 18,000 yearly so Do not think there will be any problem in extension.

When my in laws arrived in july, wifes visa was expiring in august. Eco had no problem then.
You are missing the point of your misleading advice. There is no automatic entitlement to stay "after 12th January" if the spouse holds ILR and an application for ILR or PBS extension is not guaranteed either. The devil is in the detail of how you word what you are advising. There is no rule that a PBS dependent has to wait till within 28 days before expiry to apply for a PBS extension either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Singh_harv wrote:

I was same situation when my wife was due and in laws visa was refused. You will need to provide strong documentation now in order to succeed.

The exact refusal letter :
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 – V4.10 of Appendix V of the Immigration Rules because:
 You have applied for a visa to visit your daughter in the UK for 2 Months. I recognise
that family visits are important however, I must consider the information regarding
your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application.
In order to assess your intentions I must consider your circumstances in your home
country based on the information you have provided with your application.
 The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances
and your own intentions. You have said that your son-in-law will help you with this
visit by providing you with accommodation whilst you are in the United Kingdom and I
am satisfied that they are in a position to do so based on documents provided. While
I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and
accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this
sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion
of your visit.
 You have stated that you are unemployed and have no other income or savings and
that you husband will fund your trip. In support of your application, you have
submitted a bank statement in your husband’s name from National Bank of Pakistan
(account number ending 2335). Whilst I acknowledge that the closing balance shows
sufficient funds to cover the cost of your proposed trip to the UK, I note that this bank
statement appears to have a number of unexplained credits over its duration, the
source of which is not clear. For example on 07/10/19 PKR520,000 (£2,583.68) was
deposited into your account. The documentation provided does not demonstrate the
origin of these funds. I also note that prior to this deposit the funds in this account are
regularly depleted, indicating that you utilise nearly all your income each month. For
example, as recently as 06/10/19 the balance of your account was PKR2,824.22
(£14.03). Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your
financial circumstances.
 You state that you will visit the UK from 20th November 2019 to 20th January 2020 to
visit your daughter. In support of your application, you have submitted a copy of your
daughter’s biometric residency permit, which states that it will expire on 12/01/2020.
The documentation provided does not demonstrate that you daughter has permission
to remain in the UK after this date. This undermines the credibility of your proposed
trip to the UK.
 I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that
you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore
refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:33 pm

Singh_harv wrote:

Sponsors documents ( myself and my husband):
Bank staments showing proof of address
Passports attested copies
Biometric residence cards attested copies
Tenancy agreement
Noc from landlord
Marriage certificate
Sponsor /invitation letter
Documents from applicant:
Property documents showing family house
Marriage certificate of my mother and father
Declaration letter from father To state he is bearing all his wife’s Uk expenses
Fathers employment letter
Fathers bank statement ( my mother is a housewife so she only used husbands bank statement)
Letters from childrens school and office
Cover letter
Family registration certificate

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm

The first point of refusal is regarding the financial of your father. You will need to provide explanation of those credits which the ECO mentioned in his refusal. He also mentioned about depleting accounts every month which isn't good. So from where did your father get the money for the trip?

Does your father/mother have any other savings ?

The second point is a bit tricky. In my opinion you could apply for your extension/ilr which ever applies to you and then apply for your mothers visa once you have new leave.

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm
The first point of refusal is regarding the financial of your father. You will need to provide explanation of those credits which the ECO mentioned in his refusal. He also mentioned about depleting accounts every month which isn't good. So from where did your father get the money for the trip?

Does your father/mother have any other savings ?

The second point is a bit tricky. In my opinion you could apply for your extension/ilr which ever applies to you and then apply for your mothers visa once you have new leave.
The money for trip was some savings which they haven’t kept in account, which is a common practise in asian countries as u know. The accoung t was for income and day to day expenses.
They do have other savings in gold form.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:46 pm

So they have deposited that cash in the bank account before applying?

You will need to show where that cash came from with evidence.

If it is a rental income then rental agreement and how often the money is paid, could be annually or quarterly on rental agreement.

If you are not able to explain then the best option would be to wait 6months, keep the accounts proper and then re-apply.

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:46 pm
So they have deposited that cash in the bank account before applying?

You will need to show where that cash came from with evidence.

If it is a rental income then rental agreement and how often the money is paid, could be annually or quarterly on rental agreement.

If you are not able to explain then the best option would be to wait 6months, keep the accounts proper and then re-apply.

Yes.

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Is there any way that me and my husband can become financial sponsor of my mother visit???

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Daisy12 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm
Is there any way that me and my husband can become financial sponsor of my mother visit???
You can sponsor her, this isn't a big deal and is not a 100% solution to the problem.
There is still an issue to prove that she will be travelling back home. Depositing large amounts of cash before visa application can be misinterpreted by UKVI as the way to deceive them by showing something that doesn't really exist\does not belong to your parents. At the end of the day, they are primarily scared that your mother will not return home at the end of her trip.

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 pm

iwolga wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Daisy12 wrote:
You can sponsor her, this isn't a big deal and is not a 100% solution to the problem.
There is still an issue to prove that she will be travelling back home. Depositing large amounts of cash before visa application can be misinterpreted by UKVI as the way to deceive them by showing something that doesn't really exist\does not belong to your parents. At the end of the day, they are primarily scared that your mother will not return home at the end of her trip.
How can she prove that she will go back home??????She already provided evidence of family ties , husband employment letter, letters from children school and office etc etc....What else she can provide?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Daisy12 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 pm
iwolga wrote:
Daisy12 wrote:
How can she prove that she will go back home??????She already provided evidence of family ties , husband employment letter, letters from children school and office etc etc....What else she can provide?
You need to address the issues in refusal letter.

1. Finance. The most straightforward way is to keep the money deposited and reapply after 6 months.

From what I gather from the refusal, the ECO have no doubts in your/your husband ability to sponsor your mother’s trip., yes, take on sponsorship for your mother’s trip. I can now see that you also attached a letter from father that he will sponsor this trip. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea indeed as his ability to do so is being questioned.

2. Length of stay - it is more likely your mum will get a shorter visa. 2 months sounds like an out of ordinary long visit. General idea here is that if you can leave your life for several months, you may leave it for even longer period. Try 2 weeks. This will also reduce the financial burden calculations.

3. Your own legal status needs to be rectified/in progress before this application.

If they pulled the credibility card out, you can only try to address as many issues as possible with solid evidence.

I hope your reapplication will go smooth and you’ll be able to fly your mum into UK

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Doubled

Daisy12
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Daisy12 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:25 am

iwolga wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:27 pm
Daisy12 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 pm
iwolga wrote:
Daisy12 wrote:
You need to address the issues in refusal letter.

1. Finance. The most straightforward way is to keep the money deposited and reapply after 6 months.

From what I gather from the refusal, the ECO have no doubts in your/your husband ability to sponsor your mother’s trip., yes, take on sponsorship for your mother’s trip. I can now see that you also attached a letter from father that he will sponsor this trip. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea indeed as his ability to do so is being questioned.

2. Length of stay - it is more likely your mum will get a shorter visa. 2 months sounds like an out of ordinary long visit. General idea here is that if you can leave your life for several months, you may leave it for even longer period. Try 2 weeks. This will also reduce the financial burden calculations.

3. Your own legal status needs to be rectified/in progress before this application.

If they pulled the credibility card out, you can only try to address as many issues as possible with solid evidence.

I hope your reapplication will go smooth and you’ll be able to fly your mum into UK
Thanks for your help and wishes...