ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent visa or ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

znq1199
Newly Registered
China

PBS dependent visa or ILR?

Post by znq1199 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:56 am

Hello everyone!

I am new to immigrationboards.

(1)I came to UK in September 2012, I was on tier 4 student visa from September 2012 to September 2017. Since September 2017, I switched to PBS dependent visa.
(2)my husband came to UK in September 2011, he was on student visa until November 2015. He found a job and switched to Tier2 in November 2015. Next year is his fifth year and he is going to apply for ILR.
(3)We lived together since October 2013 until September 2014, then he moved to London for work. I visited him every weekend, but according to billing addresses, we lived in different cities.
(4)I moved to London in July 2016, so next November i will be living with him for 5 years( 1year+4year). But there is a gap(the 2 years that we lived in different cities) and the first 2yrs I had Tier4 visa instead of Tier2 PBS.

Can I apply ILR together with my husband next year? Thanks so much guys for your help!

zimba
Mood:

Re: PBS dependent visa or ILR?

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:29 am

No you cannot get ILR with him. You can ONLY apply for ILR within 28 days of completing your 5 years under PBS dependant visa which is in Sep 2022. Time spent under other routes does not count for your ILR, so you remain under PBS dependant visa until eligible for ILR. By then you have the choice to apply under PBS or apply under long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice