ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is form AN?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Small

Citizenship 2020

Post by Small » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:56 pm

Dear people,
Can you help please. I am going to apply for my citizenship in January 2020. Do I have to submit last 5 years job letters from employer and addresses where I lived in last 5 years?
Can I scan and upload documents on my own or have to be through home office recommended centres? What would be the fee for scanning documents? Would I take as many documents as I can to be scanned by home office and they will return my documents back at same day?
Have I have to take original documents or copy except for passport and biometric resident permit?
Is online system of application is better or by post?
Please

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship 2020

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:31 am

Small wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:56 pm
Do I have to submit last 5 years job letters from employer and addresses where I lived in last 5 years?
Are you EEA?

Can I scan and upload documents on my own or have to be through home office recommended centres?
You can do it urself.

What would be the fee for scanning documents?
Check UKVCAS website.

Would I take as many documents as I can to be scanned by home office and they will return my documents back at same day?
You can take as many documents as you like to be scanned by UKVCAS. But it’s advisable to stick to pertinent evidence only.

Have I have to take original documents or copy except for passport and biometric resident permit?
You can take copies or originals apart from passport. Keep in mind originals can be requested by HO.

Online as you get to keep originals and travel after applying.
Post is not recommended for mainland Britain applicants.
Run a dummy application and read up on pertinent guidances.

Small

Post by Small » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 am

Thank you Sir,
I am a refugee with indefinite leave to remain in UK granted last year and I am Non EU i.e. Asian.

Now I am to apply for my UK Citizenship application I have letters from my employers which are not original as they sent me pdf. emails. Would that home office accept print outs copy of employer letters?

Also what will happen if my referee changed his address and went to live in different city in UK after submitting online application?

I can’t remember my parents details as required in Citizenship application form. Shall I tick ✔️ I don’t know or I have to know about my parents details and find documents about my parents details? which means I have to jump into the sauce?

Shall I write down my name and date of birth on back of photos and glued them for referees or referees have to write down my name and date of birth on back of photos.

I have refugee travel documents. First travel document got expired and I applied for new one which I got recently. Shall I have to submit both of them to Home office or recent one? Same with case of my BRPs. I have expired one and recent one for my indefinite leave to remain. Shall I submit both?

In online application it asks for previous addresses for last 5 years and starting most recent first. There are two boxes, “from “and “to” ,but in the “to “ box it has to be a date of future. I can’t understand that. How I put the future date as I am still at the same address? Further more there is no option which says I am still at same address. Same is the case for lost expired Asian (Non EU) passport. I lost passport which was expired in 2015 when I put the right date, month and year it generated an error saying “ the passport expired date must be in future. How can I put this date as my lost passport issued in 2010 and expired in 2015. I can’t write 2019. What would be the future date on this occasion?

Can I edit all the information online in application any time before submitting or l have to delete the application and start new again please?

I am still trying to remember what more information do I need to fill application and forgetting some but will ask more

Small

What is form AN?

Post by Small » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 am

Hello guys,
I am bit confused, is it Form AN needs filling or online application form for UK citizenship after having ILR please
Can two referees be a nurses or have to be one nurse or other professional? Or one nurse one doctor etc
What would happen if referee changes her address after submitting citizenship application please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What is form AN?

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 am

I am bit confused, is it Form AN needs filling or online application form for UK citizenship after having ILR please
Form AN is the name of the form for adults to apply for naturalisation. You complete the form online.
Can two referees be a nurses or have to be one nurse or other professional? Or one nurse one doctor etc
Doctors are not on the list of acceptable referees. You need one referred who is British and over 25 and a second referee who is a professional of any nationality. A nurse would be fine for a professional. Both referees must have known you for at least 3 years.
What would happen if referee changes her address after submitting citizenship application please
Nothing really. Home office very rarely contact referees
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Small

Re: Both referees same professionals

Post by Small » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks for replying. I can understand there is no Doctor in list but can be 2 referees nurses? Because I have two references and both are nurses.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 am

Acceptable:
nurse (RN, SEN or holder of a BA in nursing)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 am

Small wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 am

1. I hope you have read Good character for nationality and British citizenship by discretion guidance and checked urself against them.

2. Not required.

3.Email?

4.I don’t see the issue if it gives the option to tick whether you know or not.

5.Referees! Yes.

6. Yes. You scan and upload both.

7.Do not write current address in answer to the question.
What is the exact question? The form only asks whether you have a valid passport and not abt previous passport details.

8. You can edit the application as many number of times as you wish before payment.

9. Both referees can be nurses

Small

UKVCAS fee at their centres

Post by Small » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Hello Guys,
Have we to pay again for scanning documents at UKVCAS centre even scanning your documents at home? Or we will not pay once we scan and upload documents on our own please?

What will be the scanning fee at enhanced centres ?

What will happen if we haven’t got a important document?

If we miss or forget a document in online application for citizenship, do UKVCAS edit the application or we have to pay again standard fee please

Small

Post by Small » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:06 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 am
Small wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 am

1. I hope you have read Good character for nationality and British citizenship by discretion guidance and checked urself against them.

2. Not required.

3.Email?

4.I don’t see the issue if it gives the option to tick whether you know or not.

5.Referees! Yes.

6. Yes. You scan and upload both.

7.Do not write current address in answer to the question.
What is the exact question? The form only asks whether you have a valid passport and not abt previous passport details.

8. You can edit the application as many number of times as you wish before payment.

9. Both referees can be nurses
Small wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Hello Guys,
Have we to pay again for scanning documents at UKVCAS centre even scanning your documents at home? Or we will not pay once we scan and upload documents on our own please?

What will be the scanning fee at enhanced centres ?

What will happen if we haven’t got a important document?

In document section of application it says you have to tick all the boxes even you don’t send this document. I don’t have that document and never been issued. So I have to tick all boxes. If we miss, don’t have or forget a document in online application for citizenship, do UKVCAS edit the application or we have to pay again standard fee please

Small

Puzzled by documents for Citizenship

Post by Small » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Dear People,
Once again I cannot understand. In Document section(3 of 6) I have been asked by UKVCAS for Travel documents from my home country. I have never been issued travel documents from my home country(Non EU). How can I provide that document.
It says I have to tick each document asked by UKVKAS even I cannot send them. But in guidance it says you have to provide each document asked in document section otherwise your application will be delayed. I am stuck by this section, can anyone please advise. Many thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Puzzled by documents for Citizenship

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Small wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:01 pm
Dear People,
Once again I cannot understand. In Document section(3 of 6) I have been asked by UKVCAS for Travel documents from my home country. I have never been issued travel documents from my home country(Non EU). How can I provide that document.
It says I have to tick each document asked by UKVKAS even I cannot send them. But in guidance it says you have to provide each document asked in document section otherwise your application will be delayed. I am stuck by this section, can anyone please advise. Many thanks!
I am assuming you are a refugee and your home country passport is with Home Office. In that case, ignore the checklist, just mention that in the cover letter.

If you have any home office blue convention travel documents submit that, if not, just ignore it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Small wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:56 pm
Dear people,
Can you help please. I am going to apply for my citizenship in January 2020. Do I have to submit last 5 years job letters from employer and addresses where I lived in last 5 years?
Can I scan and upload documents on my own or have to be through home office recommended centres? What would be the fee for scanning documents? Would I take as many documents as I can to be scanned by home office and they will return my documents back at same day?
Please
You dont need any documents to prove residency if you are a refugee. Home Office will check their own records. I am assuming your home country passport is already with home office. If you have any home office blue convention document submit that, otherwise ignore it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Small

Referee British passport is expired

Post by Small » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam,
One of my referees British passport is expired. He does not want to renew it as he is not going out of UK for next 10 years, would he be still a referee or I am to look for another referee please
Thanks

Small

Re: Referee British passport is expired/ photos for application

Post by Small » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Small wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:58 pm
Small wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm
Dear Sir/ Madam,
One of my referees British passport is expired. He does not want to renew it as he is not going out of UK for next 10 years, would he be still a referee or I am to look for another referee please. Updated today on 23/11/2019, I just had a look about my questions back in forums. It says it doesn’t matter if the passport of a British citizen is expired. But it’s not written in guidance notes in citizenship application. How would I know it’s a official response from home office 🤔. Also would it be fine if I get my photos taken from local post office with in the last month of my application or which is the best place for getting photos for citizenship application please
Thanks for your golden time

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Referee British passport is expired/ photos for application

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Small wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:08 pm
But it’s not written in guidance notes in citizenship application. How would I know it’s a official response from home office 🤔.

which is the best place for getting photos for citizenship application please

1. It’s up to you not to trust anything advised on the forum and do the correct research.
If HO will have a problem with the referee- they’ll let you know. Nowhere on the application form is it required to state the referees BP expiry date. Only asks for number.
Nowhere in the guidance does it state that a valid or a non expired BP holder can be a referee.
On the other hand an applicant is even allowed to apply for BC with expired passport.
If it was something terribly important than it would have been clearly stated. So on the balance of probabilities..

2. It’s really not important where you get ur pictures taken. Any photo shop or booth shall suffice.
Get a nice one done so you can use it for ur British passport.

Small

Post by Small » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 pm

That’s makes sense Aman. Thanks. Perhaps I will go to post office for photos as I took photos for my ILR.

Small

New question in Citizen application

Post by Small » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Hello 👋,
I have just got a new question from home office in my citizenship application form in section 2 of 6 under English language . The question is “Do you have a previous visa, entry clearence or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English”? If yes tell us previous visa, entry clearence or leave to remain you had?
Any replies would be helpful please

Small

Re: New question in Citizen application

Post by Small » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Small wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 pm
Hello 👋,
I have just got a new question from home office in my citizenship application form in section 2 of 6 under English language . The question is “Do you have a previous visa, entry clearence or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English”? If yes tell us previous visa, entry clearence or leave to remain you had?
So I have never been asked to prove level of English when I applied for definite or indefinite leave to remain. But I had student visa and I did IELTS. Is it IELTS they are asking about or what?
Shall I select No? Or what

Small

Referees form

Post by Small » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm

Am I correct here please ? I shall print out referees form and take them to my referees along with my photos to get signed and then scan them on ukvcas site. Or take them with other documents and ukvcas will scan it for me at enhanced centre?
Thanks 😊

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 pm

I hope you know that for a refugee English Language and LIUK is exempted at ILR stage, BUT it is mandatory at British Naturalisation stage. You need to qualify using the correct approved English test and LIUK.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referees form

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Small wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Am I correct here please ? I shall print out referees form and take them to my referees along with my photos to get signed and then scan them on ukvcas site. Or take them with other documents and ukvcas will scan it for me at enhanced centre?
Thanks 😊
You must have already input your referee details in the online form.
1) Print the referee form
2) Stick your photo on
3) Referee signs
4) Scan and upload

You may want the staff to scan at the enhanced centre but scanning your documents yourself is always recommended.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: New question in Citizen application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:29 pm

Small wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:40 pm
Small wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 pm
Hello 👋,
So I have never been asked to prove level of English when I applied for definite or indefinite leave to remain. But I had student visa and I did IELTS. Is it IELTS they are asking about or what?
Shall I select No? Or what
I hope you know that for a refugee English Language and LIUK is exempted at ILR stage, BUT it is mandatory at British Naturalisation stage. You need to qualify using the correct approved English test and LIUK.

So you will select “NO” to that question and then the form will ask you how you meet the requirement now. You must have taken an approved English test and LIUK otherwise your application will be refused.

Small

Post by Small » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 am

Thank you Cullilan,
Yes I have passed B1 English from one of the approved HO centres also life in UK test. So that question is sorted.

Small

Employers letter vs HMRC letter

Post by Small » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 am

I got letter from HMRC which stated dates from and to where I worked for last 5 years and I also got letters from my employers as well. I am surprised that the dates did not match. I am pretty sure the dates in employers letters are correct but HMRC they are at least a week or two weeks difference. I wonder shall I skip HMRC letter and provide only employers letters please? I am doing it because I lost my passport well before I got my ILR. HO have not got my passport. I reported it at NI police 5 years ago. When I rang them so that they issue me lost report. The Police officer said they updated their system and can’t provide any information. Although I have police reference number. The officer suggested that he/she doesn’t issue lost report. I should go to my local police station( as I live in mainland UK) and get a lost passport report. I got report from my local police 3 days ago. I wonder shall I mention lost report of my passport or just a reference number in my application or both please?