ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply ILR before receiving BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Apply ILR before receiving BRP

Post by pr1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 pm

I am on Tier-2 General Visa for 5 years 10 months. My previous employer did not increase my salary to £35,800 so I switched to another company. The new employer applied for Change of Employer which was approved on 4th November. However, I have not yet received the BRP. Tomorrow I will be filling the form to report that I have not received the BRP yet as it would be over 10 working days.

I have already started working for my new employer without the BRP and my leave expires on 4th Jan 2020 before which I need to apply for ILR. I have read many stories on this forum of people not receiving BRP for months. If I turn to be unlucky and don't receive my BRP in the next few weeks can I still apply for ILR with a cover letter stating that I have not yet received the BRP for my previous Tier 2 application? If the BRP number in the ILR application form is a mandatory field should I fill in my old BRP number there?

I hope I get the BRP soon after reporting it tomorrow. However, I want to prepare for the worst so asking the above queries.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Apply ILR before receiving BRP

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 pm

You seem to have enough time before visa expiry,
Also you can submit the ILR application and upload documents later. The online form does ask for BRP number- you could always submit a cover letter stating the issue with BRP.
I can’t imagine you’d need to put ur application on hold because of a BRP. Approval letter?

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:52 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 pm
I can’t imagine you’d need to put ur application on hold because of a BRP. Approval letter?
Thanks for your reply!

I have the approval email, no approval letter by post yet.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:02 am

pr1 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:52 am
I have the approval email, no approval letter by post yet.
Ur approval letter is evidence that ur stay is legal. Just do the necessary by stating facts.