ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Online Application Date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

heinlei
Newly Registered
Germany

ILR Online Application Date

Post by heinlei » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:58 am

Hi,

We had a scroll through the posts - but couldn't really get a confirmed answer to the query.
  1. When can we submit the ILR Online application on 5 year route from Tier 2 (General).
    • The date one is eligble i.e. 28 days before the 5 year completion
    • Or 45 days before the 28 days before the 5 year completion
    • Or anytime.
  2. Second bit, related to above is:
    • Based on above options, what would be considered as the date of application.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Online Application Date

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 am

1. When can we submit the ILR Online application on 5 year route from Tier 2 (General).
    • The date one is eligble i.e. 28 days before the 5 year completion
    • Or 45 days before the 28 days before the 5 year completion
    • Or anytime.
Not sure where you get the 45 days before the 28 days thing from. There is no such '45 days allowance' and never has been. The date you are eligible to apply is no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial date of issue of your tier 2 visa.
[*]Second bit, related to above is:
  • Based on above options, what would be considered as the date of application.
[/list]
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and that must be within the 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heinlei
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by heinlei » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:17 am

That was quick - sorted.

Much appreciated.

Ps. 45 days came from a couple of posts where they had mentioned that appointment date slots opended 45 days in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:33 am

heinlei wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:17 am
That was quick - sorted.

Much appreciated.

Ps. 45 days came from a couple of posts where they had mentioned that appointment date slots opended 45 days in advance.
Not sure what posts you are looking at or how old they were, but the whole system changed in November 2018. There is no longer a Premium Service Centre at the UKVI/HO offices anymore.

Previously (pre November 2018), the date of your Premium Service Appointment with HO, was your application date.

As the system has changed and it is now online application (application date) and an appointment with a third party agent (UKCVAS Sopra Steria), your application date is the date of your online submission and payment. Your appointment to enroll biometrics with the agency etc is irrelevant.

If you apply too early, you risk being refused and losing your fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heinlei
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by heinlei » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:33 am
heinlei wrote:
That was quick - sorted.

Much appreciated.

Not sure what posts you are looking at or how old they were, but the whole system changed in November 2018. There is no longer a Premium Service Centre at the UKVI/HO offices anymore.

Previously (pre November 2018), the date of your Premium Service Appointment with HO, was your application date.

As the system has changed and it is now online application (application date) and an appointment with a third party agent (UKCVAS Sopra Steria), your application date is the date of your online submission and payment. Your appointment to enroll biometrics with the agency etc is irrelevant.

Thanks much appreciated.

ValentinaLam
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ValentinaLam » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
heinlei wrote:
That was quick - sorted.

Much appreciated.

Hi, I'm sorry to ask again. But is the date of application definitely the date of on-line submission and payment or document uploading or the date of appointment and biometrics enrolment at Sopra Steria?
I've gone through all related Home office documents and could not find official confirmation?
Is there a chance I could call a helpline or smth?
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:05 pm

heinlei wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
heinlei wrote:
That was quick - sorted.

Much appreciated.

Thanks much appreciated.
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. This has been answered hundred of times.

Page 18, third paragraph in document in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures
Char (CR001 not Casa)