ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i allowed to go to my country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Omaid
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Am i allowed to go to my country

Post by Omaid » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:52 am

Hi, everyone plz let me know any1 has the information regarding my issue:
I was student in the uk after some time I applied for asylum and i was granted 5 years visa and you know there was restriction of not travelling to ur own country but then before expiry of my 5 years asylum visa i applied for 10 years long residency ilr settlement and i was granted so my point is that i got my ilr on the basis of long residency so can i travel back to my country.

Thanks plz advise me

zimba
Mood:

Re: Am i allowed to go to my country

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:18 pm

No. You were granted asylum probably based on your claim that your life will be in danger going back. Your 10 years includes time spent as an asylum. If you go back, UKVI can revoke your ILR as it prove that you acquired ILR through deception by lying on your asylum application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Omaid
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Omaid » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:17 am

Thanks for ur reply I really appreciate.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Get your british citizenship first