ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due to Domestic Violence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hopenotout22
Newly Registered

Re: ILR due to Domestic Violence

Post by Hopenotout22 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi
I first applied for dv concession which I got with in month and it was valid for three months and in that three months I applied for ilr and got ilr in two months .whole process took 5 months.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:33 am

Thank you for your help really i appreciate that from you. 😀

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello again, my wife kicked me outside the house after she hold all my documents and I called the police. He put me in a hotel for one night then told me to sort myself out I had to go to a friend in another city as her son searching about me and threatening me to kill, I am hiding in the house of my friend but he can't support me no more now and I don't know where to go... I called the domestic violence help line they wasn't helpful at all .. So if anyone could advice me who to call to find a shelter till I apply for my domestic violence ILR.. I went to solicitor and he asked me to provide some documents but I don't know how long until theh answer me, as I was told that I've to wait one month to answer me with the 3 months consession... is that right? And what I've to do now ? Help please I am homeless

Hopenotout22
Newly Registered

Post by Hopenotout22 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi
Did you find place for yourself. And are you still waiting to apply for ilr or you already done that?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:37 pm

Hopenotout22 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi
Did you find place for yourself. And are you still waiting to apply for ilr or you already done that?
Slightly different version of events in the link below:
general-uk-immigration-forum/spouse-vis ... l#p1805954
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Sorry you don't have any right to say that there're a lots of things happened and I can't mention for my privacy .. I'll not tell you major incident happen that touch my dignity, circumstances changes over time so sorry if I didn't make you satisfied as I'm not telling you a story or talking about a rubbish, I'm telling you incidents happened with me as a human been under certain conditions, I think the goal of the forum is to help each other and benefit for experiences not to enjoy a story that it has to make you satisfied with a happy end. Also I can't say everything here ... I'm here seeking advices depending on my current situation which changes, nothing stay as it's...

Anyway thanks for your remark

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 pm

It's difficult for anyone to advise you without having a clear understanding of who is claiming they have been a victim of domestic violence, yourself or your wife and therefore the likelihood of your visa having been curtailed.

In one topic you are seeking shelter from DV and in another your wife was moved to a place of safety in a women's refuge. :idea: :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Ok I'll explain I was looking to apply for domestic violence ilr.. but somehow she found out that and she told her son to follow me he threatened me by the phone that's he's coming to kill me (stabbing) and her brothers came to the house looking for me .. I had to run away .. I went to a house of a friend I was really stressed looking left and right wherever I go and I couldn't have my medicines (insulin) so I had to come back ... when I came back she claimed that I threaten her to kill and I'm looking for her so they took her to a safe house and she said she stopped my visa .. after one week they send her to her home as they knew I'm home and I can't do that ... so now I'm confused if she really stopped the visa or not and if I can go back to UK as I didn't get any notice from home office and I tried to go to gov.uk and see if I'm still illegible or have a right to work I found that i still have a right till 2021

Bobbybob56

Post by Bobbybob56 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Aladino wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:02 pm
Ok I'll explain I was looking to apply for domestic violence ilr.. but somehow she found out that and she told her son to follow me he threatened me by the phone that's he's coming to kill me (stabbing) and her brothers came to the house looking for me .. I had to run away .. I went to a house of a friend I was really stressed looking left and right wherever I go and I couldn't have my medicines (insulin) so I had to come back ... when I came back she claimed that I threaten her to kill and I'm looking for her so they took her to a safe house and she said she stopped my visa .. after one week they send her to her home as they knew I'm home and I can't do that ... so now I'm confused if she really stopped the visa or not and if I can go back to UK as I didn't get any notice from home office and I tried to go to gov.uk and see if I'm still illegible or have a right to work I found that i still have a right till 2021
Hi, any news?

Aladino

Absence outside the UK question

Post by Aladino » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Hey .. I've a question and I hope I find the answer in this forum ... I had a problem with my wife (british citizen) and I moved back home country, then while I'm in my home country she claimed that I'm threatening her to kill or I'm trying to do that, just to stop my spouse visa quickly... but the truth was the opposite as her son and her 2 brothers was threatening me for that I came back home cos I was in danger and even I called the police there wasn't helpful as they take me away from her telling me to sort myself out... the question is, now I'm 6 months out of the UK... when I go online to see my right to work in the UK i found that I still have the right till September 2021 ... but I was told i can't come back cos of the period I spent out of the UK?? Is that true or I can come back to the UK to clarify all these problems?? ... thanks in advance