ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse applying separately

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

huz912
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse applying separately

Post by huz912 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi All,

I have two queries and hopefully the answer are straightforward. Finger crossed!

A bit of history. I have got my ILR back in November 2018 and now in the process of applying ILR for my wife. Currently, I am in the process of moving job (still in the notice period).

Q1: My current employer seems reluctant to provide a letter confirming I am still working for them since I am in the notice period. Will this have an impact on my wife's ILR application?

Q2: She will be applying the ILR on her own. How much cohabitation document we need to provide? We moved house recently and we have lost many documents!

Thanks in advanced.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for spouse applying separately

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:17 pm

Q1,. Presumably you were a tier 2 visa holder?? Nothing about your employment is required or anything from your sponsor. Your wife, if she holds a tier 2 dependent visa is dependent on you not your previous sponsor.

Q2. Two years evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:18 pm

huz912 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 pm
Hi All,

I have two queries and hopefully the answer are straightforward. Finger crossed!

A bit of history. I have got my ILR back in November 2018 and now in the process of applying ILR for my wife. Currently, I am in the process of moving job (still in the notice period).

Q1: My current employer seems reluctant to provide a letter confirming I am still working for them since I am in the notice period. Will this have an impact on my wife's ILR application?

Q2: She will be applying the ILR on her own. How much cohabitation document we need to provide? We moved house recently and we have lost many documents!

Thanks in advanced.
1. I wouldn’t think you need a letter from ur employer at this stage. There is no maintenance for dependant.
2. Most docs are available online.
3 pieces of evidence spanning over two years.
Utilities, Bank, credit card, council tax, tenancy, nhs, gp

huz912
Newly Registered

Post by huz912 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:17 pm
Q1,. Presumably you were a tier 2 visa holder?? Nothing about your employment is required or anything from your sponsor. Your wife, if she holds a tier 2 dependent visa is dependent on you not your previous sponsor.

Q2. Two years evidence.
Thanks for the confirmation CR001. Yes, I was a T2 visa holder. My wife currently holds a T2 dependant visa.

huz912
Newly Registered

Post by huz912 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:18 pm
huz912 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 pm
Hi All,

Thanks in advanced.
1. I wouldn’t think you need a letter from ur employer at this stage. There is no maintenance for dependant.
2. Most docs are available online.
3 pieces of evidence spanning over two years.
Utilities, Bank, credit card, council tax, tenancy, nhs, gp

Q1: Thanks for the confirmation aman90.
Q2: Brilliant, I was quite nervous this morning but reading this gave me a bit of hope!! Just to confirm, does it need to be 3 pieces of evidence of joints name or can it be her name only on the letter? Unfortunately, the utilities has my name only. At the moment, I have the below:

(i) 1x Bank statement with both names (2019, 2018)
(ii) 1x Council tax with both names (2019)
(iii) 1x electoral card with my wife name (2019)
(iv) 1x nhs letter with my wife name (2019)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:21 pm

You can submit letters in either joint names or addressed to each of you individually, so the utilities in your name are fine to submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.