ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR visa to BRP postal waiting times.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chappers
Newly Registered

ILR visa to BRP postal waiting times.

Post by Chappers » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:37 am

[*] Hi there. I'm new here and had a couple of questions about converting the visa in my wife's Japanese passport to the new BRP card. She has ILR that was granted 11 years ago but as she is changing jobs she needs thr BRP card. We'd like to know what the average waiting time is for getting this done the postal route (not same day service as its so expensive). Our worry is that it will take a long time, during which my wife wouldn't be able to travel as the home office would have her passport. Does anyone here have any recent experience of how long it takes to process the application fro BRP? I see most people seem to have paid for the premium service...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR visa to BRP postal waiting times.

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 am

Up to 8 weeks, often up to 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chappers
Newly Registered

Post by Chappers » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 am
Up to 8 weeks, often up to 6 months.
Thanks. Is there a way of finding out what the average waiting time is though? The idea of the home office keeping my wife's passport for 6 months is very worrying.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:22 pm

I have applied for my mothers ILR stamp to brp. Online Application submitted and biometrics appointment on 28th oct.

I am hoping its done within 8 weeks for straight forward cases but no guarantee.

My assumption is sopra steria scan and return original passport.

But if you are really worried about the waiting time then opt for premium service.

Chappers
Newly Registered

Post by Chappers » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi there, many thanks for your reply. I hope that your application is done quickly. Is it true that they will return the passport before issuing the new BRP card? I can't find any information on that. Also can you tell me what the main documents you need to provide are? Again it is so hard to find this information on the official government website.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 am

Regarding Passport Return:

I think the passport will be returned after they have scanned at the biometrics appointment. This was the case for my wife when she applied for flr m in july 19.

Regarding documents:

I am relying on her entry/exit stamps in all her passport plus any document i can found example council tax letter, bank statement, p60/p45, gp/hospital letters.

Will also be creating a travel history table to show how long she has spent outside uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:12 am

Singh_harv wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 am

I think the passport will be returned after they have scanned at the biometrics appointment. This was the case for my wife when she applied for flr m in july 19.

Regarding documents:

I am relying on her entry/exit stamps in all her passport plus any document i can found example council tax letter, bank statement, p60/p45, gp/hospital letters.

Will also be creating a travel history table to show how long she has spent outside uk.
How is your post relevant to what the poster has asked?? They are NOT applying for a visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:12 am
Singh_harv wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 am

Regarding documents:

How is your post relevant to what the poster has asked?? They are NOT applying for a visa extension.
Not sure If you read my previous comments i said i applied for my mothers ilr visa stamp to brp (ntl)application and biometrics will be done on 28th oct and the poster has asked about passport submission to which i mentioned about my wifes flr m application experience. The passport was returned in my wifes case so i expect the passport to be returned in my mothers case too.

And poster asked what main documents are required and i have mentioned the documents i have collected for my mothers application.

So this is relevant to him.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:58 am

@Chappers
Just to let you know my mother attended her ukvcas appointment today. All documents were returned including her passports. Waiting game now.

Will update once she receives her brp.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Any updates?
I’ve submitted mine in sept. Heard nothing yet. Not even a letter to say they have my application. Shud u be worry?

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Nope, no update since her biometrics appointment. Shes travelling in feb so hopefully will get brp by then.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Sorry. I meant shud I be worry. Not you. Sorry about that.
No we haven’t heard anything. Nothing at all. We also need to travel in feb!! 😔

Are we allow to travel before the BRP is sent to us? I was told it automatically withdraw the application if we travel. Don’t know what to do. Have heard from other forums that someone still waiting after 11 months. 😔😔

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 pm

No need to worry. Ukvi says ntl applications can take up to 6months but i think it will be less probably like 3-4 months.

I have been told the same that if you travel while an ongoing application with home office, then that would mean automatic withdrawal of that application.

I would suggest wait until mid January. If you still havent heard anything then call them but you will still be with in their SLA of 6months.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Does 6 months go by the date we submitted the application or the date finger prints were taken? In my case there’s only one week difference. But still wonder when shud I expect or hope to hear from thing. I submitted online application in end of August n biometric was done on 4th sept.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:15 pm

I think you should expect in dec or jan.

My mother application submitted on 05th oct and biometrics on 28th oct. So looks like we will be waiting long.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:15 pm

My mother application submitted on 05th oct and biometrics on 28th oct. So looks like we will be waiting long.
😔 will keep u posted!

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 am

Bbkay wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm
Singh_harv wrote:

😔 will keep u posted!
@Bbkay

Received a notification from DX Delivery that brp will be delivered today. Did you receive yours yet?

rajeshpp
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajeshpp » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:36 am

Singh_harv wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 am
Bbkay wrote:
Singh_harv wrote:

😔 will keep u posted!
@Bbkay

Received a notification from DX Delivery that brp will be delivered today. Did you receive yours yet?
Hi Singh_harv,
Congratulations for getting BRP!

Have you received any letter or email from UKVI prior to DX Delivery notification?
In your case Biometric was done 28th October, this means you got BRP after 10 weeks?
Please advise.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 am

@rajeshpp

No prior notification.

Letter and brp both received today.

biometrics done on 28th oct and decision letter issued on 14th jan.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 am
Bbkay wrote:
Singh_harv wrote:

😔 will keep u posted!
@Bbkay

So happy for u. I haven’t heard anything yet. No email or anything. Hope I get mine soon. Really need to travel in feb for a wedding back home.

Did u get a letter first or email from HO?

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:01 pm

@Bbkay

No email notification from HO.

received email notification from dx delivery that they are delivering brp.

Received brp and decision letter same day.

Hope you will get yours soon.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:48 pm

Thank u. I hope so too!!