ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Account Statements and Evidence of Financial Responsibilities

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bank Account Statements and Evidence of Financial Responsibilities

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:03 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:15 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Enlighten me, when does the £15,800 tax free income of sponsor stated in the rules comes into place when making single spousal visa application?
Maybe you mean the personal allowance beyond which the tax starts get charged. For the year 2019-2020 it is set as £12500 from 6th April 2019.
Yes, that's what I am referring to . How does it work?
https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 am

The tax free personal allowance is irrelevant to a spouse visa requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 am
So disregard it and just focus on the threshold of 18,600?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:28 am
CR001 wrote:
Yes. The tax free personal allowance has nothing to do with HO. It is an HMRC allowance that every working person has.

For a spouse visa, it is only the £18,600pa that is relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:28 am
CR001 wrote:
Yes. The tax free personal allowance has nothing to do with HO. It is an HMRC allowance that every working person has.

For a spouse visa, it is only the £18,600pa that is relevant.
CR001, Thank you very much for quick response.
I ask this because on sponsor's pay slips earn above 18,600 but noticed for some month, tax was no deducted. When ask employer/payroll office was told it is OK in compliance with tax free personal allowance.
Is this correct or something to worry about?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am
The £18,600 requirement is based on gross income (i.e. the amount earned before income tax and NI are deducted).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:51 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am
The £18,600 requirement is based on gross income (i.e. the amount earned before income tax and NI are deducted).
Dear Geoengg, thanks I understand you clearly, just want to be sure HO won't look at it as Why Was tax not deducted by employer for some months or maybe it is something they are used to seeing. I am just being anxious about every little finicky detail right?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:51 am
I understand you clearly, just want to be sure HO won't look at it as Why Was tax not deducted by employer for some months or maybe it is something they are used to seeing. I am just being anxious about every little finicky detail right?
Don't confuse yourself from tax allowance which is just for tax purpose. If her monthly income is under £1042 then tax won't be charged. But for visa purposes at least a monthly income of £1550 is required but since you have cash savings as well as per your previous post so you might be alright.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am
AmazonianX wrote:
I understand you clearly, just want to be sure HO won't look at it as Why Was tax not deducted by employer for some months or maybe it is something they are used to seeing. I am just being anxious about every little finicky detail right?
Don't confuse yourself from tax allowance which is just for tax purpose. If her monthly income is under £1042 then tax won't be charged. But for visa purposes at least a monthly income of £1550 is required but since you have cash savings as well as per your previous post so you might be alright.
Dear Seagul, Geoengg,CR001,

The situation is this... Let's say Sponsor started employment in December 2018, from then till March, employer did not remove tax, only NI was deducted. Employer started removing tax in the new financial tax year I.e from April 2019. When ask payroll, was told that it's to make up her tax free personal income allowance and not tax evasion so nothing to be worried about. Is this correct?

Sponsor earned about £10,000 in previous 6 months I.e. around £20,000 per annum. As per info from this platform and so as not to confuse ECO with plenty account statements, the plan is to apply Category A and not refer to the cash savings. Or with the observed tax matter you suggest we bring in the cash savings as part of the application now or leave our cash savings out of it since easily meet up financial threshold of Category A application?
Awaiting all your knowledgeable inputs , thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Dear Seagul, Geoengg,CR001,

The situation is this... Let's say Sponsor started employment in December 2018, from then till March, employer did not remove tax, only NI was deducted. Employer started removing tax in the new financial tax year I.e from April 2019. When ask payroll, was told that it's to make up her tax free personal income allowance and not tax evasion so nothing to be worried about. Is this correct?

Sponsor earned about £10,000 in previous 6 months I.e. around £20,000 per annum. As per info from this platform and so as not to confuse ECO with plenty account statements, the plan is to apply Category A and not refer to the cash savings. Or with the observed tax matter you suggest we bring in the cash savings as part of the application now or leave our cash savings out of it since easily meet up financial threshold of Category A application?
Awaiting all your knowledgeable inputs , thanks.
CR001, Seagul, Geoengg and all Gurus, a gentle reminder on the above
1. Don't worry about employer not removing tax for some months?
2. Sponsor income above threshold but in light of question 1. do we mention cash savings or not?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:44 pm

@AmazonianX
I can see that you are answering reasonably well in other members posts while asking similar/resembled questions for yourself :shock: :shock:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:44 pm
@AmazonianX
I can see that you are answering reasonably well in other members posts while asking similar/resembled questions for yourself :shock: :shock:
Only giving small contributions & opinion on little things I read up in rules guidance and makes references to well knowledgeable gurus like you, Casa, Geoengg, CR001 on the platform for the clear cut answers. Remember the small doctor that can not heal himself... Jitters
Now Seagul please help me out as so anxious about above questions I asked. Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Ok. Regarding your point 2 in previous post in my view if you have 6 months old savings in excess of £16000 then instead leaving them idle just use them in combination of salaried/none-salaried job for just in case. And if these funds have been derived through working then same payslips can act their source.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm
Ok. Regarding your point 2 in previous post in my view if you have 6 months old savings in excess of £16000 then instead leaving them idle just use them in combination of salaried/none-salaried job for just in case. And if these funds have been derived through working then same payslips can act their source.
Seagul, I appreciate, thank you very much for this, mind at rest a bit. ☺