ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4EUFAM submitted and visit to Hungary

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Stamp4EUFAM submitted and visit to Hungary

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,
I got my approval letter for naturalisation and I have submitted my Stamp4EUFAM to the citizenship office. If I am lucky I will get naturalisation certificate on 9th December.

But we have made bookings to visit Hungary on Christmas with my Hungarian spouse, how can I travel to Hungary now given I don't have Stamp4EUFAM anymore?

I am thinking to get Hungarian tourist visa but how will I return to Ireland? Is naturalisation certificate enough?
Also there is a stamp on my own national passport which says permission to remain in Ireland.
:?: :(

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp4EUFAM submitted and visit to Hungary

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm

For visit to Hungary, yes you will need a visa unfortunately if you do not have your IRP with you. Apply for your visa ASAP. Hungary requires you to book an appointment to submit your visa application. They will most likely need to see the IRP card or at least a copy of the card when you submit your application.

How you can come back to Ireland depend on your nationality:

If you are not a visa-required national, you can simply travel back with your passport and a copy of your approval letter or naturalisation certificate (there's no need to bring the original copy).

If you are a visa-required national, the immigration officer in Dublin Airport will still let you in if you have a copy of your naturalisation certificate. The problem is, some airlines can deny you from boarding if you don't have your IRP card or a valid visa. The stamp on your passport is not a valid proof. Nor is the naturalisation certificate. Therefore, you should try to get a re-entry visa at the Burgh Quay office in the next few days as well. I think someone else mentioned on this forum that you can just bring your flight tickets, approval letter, IRP (or a copy if you don't have them with you any more) and passport to the office and they should give you a re-entry visa that covers your travel dates.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Your last option, would be to get your Irish passport before your travel dates. When do you intend to travel to Hungary?
It normally takes 4 weeks to get your first passport, but if you book an appointment in advance, or if you do a walk-in to the Dublin passport office with your flight tickets, it can take as short as 2-3 days if you have a valid reason. It should be for emergency uses only, but I know a lot of people on boards.ie who shared the experience of getting their passport in very short notice with no real emergencies (e.g. don't want kids to be disappointed etc).

After I submitted my passport application, I waited for like 2 weeks and there's no news whatsoever. So I called on the next Thursday and told them I wanted to travel on Saturday using the Irish passport if possible. I got a call back on Thursday afternoon saying the application has been validated and I could go to the passport office on Friday to pick it up.

Btw you can keep your current passport when you submit your Irish passport application. Just make sure that you submit a *certified* copy of your passport biometrics page.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Many thanks for helping me out.
Yes, I am trying to contact HU embassy in Dublin to get an appointment but no answer yet. I will try to get through them today.

I never had visa stamp on my passport as EU family members are exempt from visa. And given the fact re-entry visa system has abolished now so I am not sure if visa are still being issued.

I am travelling on 24th December. Do you think if I visit Dublin passport office with this travel emergency after getting naturalisation certificate, could they facilitate me the Irish passport in a week? So far getting Irish passport is the easiest way I can think of. That will also save time and documentations to get HU visa. But then again it all depends if Irish passport could be issued before travel date of 24th Dec. :shock: :(

littlerr wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm
For visit to Hungary, yes you will need a visa unfortunately if you do not have your IRP with you. Apply for your visa ASAP. Hungary requires you to book an appointment to submit your visa application. They will most likely need to see the IRP card or at least a copy of the card when you submit your application.

How you can come back to Ireland depend on your nationality:

If you are not a visa-required national, you can simply travel back with your passport and a copy of your approval letter or naturalisation certificate (there's no need to bring the original copy).

If you are a visa-required national, the immigration officer in Dublin Airport will still let you in if you have a copy of your naturalisation certificate. The problem is, some airlines can deny you from boarding if you don't have your IRP card or a valid visa. The stamp on your passport is not a valid proof. Nor is the naturalisation certificate. Therefore, you should try to get a re-entry visa at the Burgh Quay office in the next few days as well. I think someone else mentioned on this forum that you can just bring your flight tickets, approval letter, IRP (or a copy if you don't have them with you any more) and passport to the office and they should give you a re-entry visa that covers your travel dates.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Re-entry visas - I read it on this forum from someone else that they will issue you re-entry visas in cases like this. Give them a call or walk into Burgh Quay office if you can.

I would try to get a Schengen visa and re-entry visa first, because these are the things that you can do now. You don't even have to apply from Hungary. If there's any other Schengen country that allows you to apply for a visa now, do it from another country (just come up with a dummy itinerary, book a free-cancellation flight ticket, and get your company to issue you a letter saying that you want to visit there).

I would only go for the Irish passport option if you can't get these two visas. Just make sure you have all documents ready for the Irish passport application. This would include 4 photos, 2 of which need to be stamped by a Garda (I went to the garda station right after the ceremony); your original birth certificate; a certified copy of your current passport biometrics page; different proofs of address etc. You also need to make a passport application appointment now in the Dublin passport office, or if there isn't any available, you will need to do a walk-in (which means it's very limited and there's no guarantee that you will be seen).

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm

After going through passport office website, Dublin office doesn't have any free slot but Cork office has free slots. So I have booked appointment for the 10th Dec, hoping I get naturalisation certificate on the 9th Dec. I will get an application passport form from local post office tomorrow, will they ask for naturalisation certificate? And also hoping Gardai could verify the 2 pictures tomorrow, is it possible for Gardai to do that before getting naturalisation certificate?

Passport Office says they offer 0-5 days passport application service costing €165 when submitted at the counter. I am utilise this service.

Now everything depends on getting letter to attend ceremony on 9th Dec. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 8)
littlerr wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Re-entry visas - I read it on this forum from someone else that they will issue you re-entry visas in cases like this. Give them a call or walk into Burgh Quay office if you can.

I would try to get a Schengen visa and re-entry visa first, because these are the things that you can do now. You don't even have to apply from Hungary. If there's any other Schengen country that allows you to apply for a visa now, do it from another country (just come up with a dummy itinerary, book a free-cancellation flight ticket, and get your company to issue you a letter saying that you want to visit there).

I would only go for the Irish passport option if you can't get these two visas. Just make sure you have all documents ready for the Irish passport application. This would include 4 photos, 2 of which need to be stamped by a Garda (I went to the garda station right after the ceremony); your original birth certificate; a certified copy of your current passport biometrics page; different proofs of address etc. You also need to make a passport application appointment now in the Dublin passport office, or if there isn't any available, you will need to do a walk-in (which means it's very limited and there's no guarantee that you will be seen).

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm
Passport Office says they offer 0-5 days passport application service costing €165 when submitted at the counter. I am utilise this service.
for First time applicants it will take 20 working days.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/turnaround-times/

Also see the image when you are doing appointment it says it will take 20 days.
time.jpg
time.jpg (129.05 KiB) Viewed 646 times

If I am wrong let me know as I also want to make the first time passport as early as possible because of traveling.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:45 pm

aneelrahim wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm
for First time applicants it will take 20 working days.
Also see the image when you are doing appointment it says it will take 20 days.
If I am wrong let me know as I also want to make the first time passport as early as possible because of traveling.
As long as you can demonstrate that you have an urgent need for the passport, it can be as quick as 2-3 days. Basically all first-time applications are in a queue to be validated. The validation takes less than an hour, but the queue is normally 3-4 weeks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:46 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm
After going through passport office website, Dublin office doesn't have any free slot but Cork office has free slots. So I have booked appointment for the 10th Dec, hoping I get naturalisation certificate on the 9th Dec. I will get an application passport form from local post office tomorrow, will they ask for naturalisation certificate? And also hoping Gardai could verify the 2 pictures tomorrow, is it possible for Gardai to do that before getting naturalisation certificate?
You can get an application form from any post office. No question asked.
My local Garda station requires me to show the certificate though.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:57 pm

I live in Dublin. Can I apply for passport from Cork office as there is no appointment in Dublin office.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Ok, that's great. I will try with Gardai officer also and hope the best.

@aneel: you're right about 20 days, but I am going to give it a try or else waste the money I have spent on the air tickets.
littlerr wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:46 pm
You can get an application form from any post office. No question asked.
My local Garda station requires me to show the certificate though.