ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a 20 year old be a dependant?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tttt4

Family/private life extension help

Post by tttt4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:05 pm

To give some background, my mother and I are in the 10 year FP route. We’ll reach our halfway point soon. Our last extension, we applied using the Family life as a parent section with me as a dependant as I have lived in UK since age 5. I also filled out the private life section(half life criteria) however was told this was not necessary by the case worker (premium service). My questions are

I’m now 20. Can my mother and I still extend with me as a dependant by filling out the family life as a parent section? Or do i need to also fill out the private life section, as my mums application is kind of dependant on me being in the UK for so long? Will the fact that im no longer a child mean mum will be refused?

Also, when extending, do we need to show documents spanning the length of my time in the UK, or just the past 2.5 years since our last extension?

Thank you!

tttt4

Re: Family/private life extension help

Post by tttt4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Anyone??? Pls help

tttt4

Post by tttt4 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Bump

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi, I think you and your mother will be alright for next extension, if you not formed independent life, still you depend on your mum ( like you not married, not living on your own, still your mum paying your all expenses etc.). That's the rule says: Have been under 18 when you were first granted entry clearance or leave to remain as their parent and not have formed an independent family unit or be leading an independent life. Again I say better contact the good immigration layer about this matter.

tttt4

Can a 20 year old be a dependant?

Post by tttt4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Me and my mum are in the 10 year parent route to settlement, with me applying as dependant and her as main applicant. Our leave was granted in 2015 wheb I was 15. I am now 20 and we need to apply for FLR. Can I still continue as her dependant even though I’m older than 18? Our leave was initially granted as I had been in uk since 5 and it would not be reasonable for me to leave UK, and so we were both granted leave.
Could the HO argue that as I am 20, i no longer need my mum here?

tttt4

Post by tttt4 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Hi, I think you and your mother will be alright for next extension, if you not formed independent life, still you depend on your mum ( like you not married, not living on your own, still your mum paying your all expenses etc.). That's the rule says: Have been under 18 when you were first granted entry clearance or leave to remain as their parent and not have formed an independent family unit or be leading an independent life. Again I say better contact the good immigration layer about this matter.
Thank you.
I am a university student so have a different term time address but home address is with my mum, will this be okay?

Also, in terms of evidence, what would we need? Just proof of residence for past 2.5 years?

Thank you

tttt4

Re: Can a 20 year old be a dependant?

Post by tttt4 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:12 am

Bump pls renewing in few weeks

tttt4

Post by tttt4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Bump

tttt4

Post by tttt4 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:36 pm