ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in India - ILR Visa / Savings requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Child born in India - ILR Visa / Savings requirements

Post by gapgopi781 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Dear Members/Administrators
Hope you are well
I hold an ILR visa under the Tier 1 route and my wife had ILR under the dependent route.
Due to medical reasons, my wife is planning to give birth next year in India. Please can I check
- Will my child eligible for an ILR visa when applying from India?
- If I am not able to meet the salary requirements of £18,600/annum, how much savings shall I require to support the application?

Many thanks for your help
Gapgopi

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Re: Child born in India - ILR Visa / Savings requirements

Post by gapgopi781 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Dear Members/Administrators
Hope you are well
I hold an ILR visa under the Tier 1 route and my wife had ILR under the dependent route.
Due to medical reasons, my wife is planning to give birth next year in India. Please can I check
- If I am not able to meet the salary requirements of £18,600/annum, how much savings shall I require to support the application?

Gapgopi

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:33 am

It is unclear in your post whether your wife has ILR already or is an ILR dependent. My advice below is predicated on the latter scenario.
gapgopi781 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm
No. Children born abroad follow the same immigration pathway as the less-privileged parent. So the child will need to apply for the same visas as the mother, apply for ILR at the same time as the mother and then register as a British citizen at discretion.

On the other hand, if the child is born in the UK, the child will be born a British citizen (as you have ILR).
gapgopi781 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm
As the child will not be eligible for either British citizenship or ILE/ILR when born abroad, you will need to show annual earnings of £22,400 (for a partner and one child).

For savings, you need to use the following formula; ((Gap between 22400 & annual earnings)*2.5)+16,000. If you plan to use only savings, you will need to show savings of £72,000.

If the child is born in the UK, as the child will be a British citizen by birth, the earnings requirement for your wife's visa will remain at £18,600.

It would make considerable financial sense for your child to be born in the UK. You may want to have the medical issues looked at by an appropriate doctor in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:35 am

Appears from the ops post that both parents hold ilr.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-m-qu ... l#p1737827
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:35 am
Appears from the ops post that both parents hold ilr.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-m-qu ... l#p1737827
That's what I thought, but then the question about the £18,600 requirement is irrelevant. That is what threw me.

To the OP; if both of you have ILR, your child is eligible for ILE (same as ILR, but issued outside the UK) and there is no earnings requirement. The child can then register as a British citizen when at least one British citizen is naturalised.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Post by gapgopi781 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Dear Secret.Simon
Many thanks for your clarifying and information provided. I assumed when anyone applies from outside UK, salary requirements are mandatory hence the confusion in my first post. Thank you for correcting there are no requirements in our case as both parents hold ILR visa. I will keep you posted once we start the application.
Many thanks again and Kind Regards
Gapgopi

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Post by gapgopi781 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Dear Secret.Simon / CR001
With thanks, please can i request your help to clarify on the financial requirements for ILE visa for my child?

I followed the different posts and understand that VAF4A / Appendix 1 form must be completed for application and there is discussion about payslips and employment letters etc

On the appedix 1 form there is information requested about the salary figures. As I’m self employed at the moment but I might not be employed at the time visa application and hence would like to prepare accordingly for visa application

- Do I have to meet any income threshold requirements
- Do I need provide proof of income like payslips/bank statements/employer letter for particular number of months?

Gopi

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Post by gapgopi781 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Dear Gurus
Any help is appreciated please.

To briefly summarise , for ILE for my child from India , on VAF4A appendix 1 form my income details are requested.With thanks, you have clarified earlier that no income requirements needed but I see from other posts in forum that they submitted the below hence got confused. Do I need to

- Meet any income threshold

- Provide any payslips / bank statements for n number of months ?

Gopi

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Post by gapgopi781 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Dear Gurus
Any help is appreciated please.

To briefly summarise , for ILE for my child from India , on VAF4A appendix 1 form my income details are requested.With thanks, you have clarified earlier that no income requirements needed but I see from other posts in forum that they submitted the below hence got confused. Do I need to

- Meet any income threshold

- Provide any payslips / bank statements for n number of months ?

Gopi

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Post by gapgopi781 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Hello all
Just thought it would be useful to share the info.
I had a word with solicitor and he confirmed even though income requirements is not necessary for ILE visa , I need to provide 6 months pay slips as an evidence to support my child without public funds.
Hope this helps
Gopi

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Child ILE VISA application Queried

Post by gapgopi781 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 am

Dear Immigration boards team
My Child’s ILE application has been queried with below details. My child’s birth certificate and passport have both father and mother details. I’m not sure how else we can verify that we are related. Appreciate your kind help

‘The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information’

Please provide evidence confirming that you are related to your sponsors as claimed.’

vinny

Re: Child ILE VISA application Queried

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Can you ask them to clarify what more evidence they require.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gapgopi781
Newly Registered

Post by gapgopi781 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:18 pm

Thanks All. I responded to their query with what exact documents are needed. In response I received a reply case in consideration.

Finally hurray, got ILE last week for both kids

Just want to keep you posted as you guys have been supportive last few years with my queries

Thanks Again

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Congratulations
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.