ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November 2019 Restricted COS - PLS DO NOT POST VISA APP RELATED QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: November 2019 Restricted COS - PLS DO NOT POST VISA APP RELATED QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:53 am

Anand1007 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am
chandra195 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:08 am
Hello All, Just now received confirmation from solicitor that my RCoS has been approved and received on Monday. Applied for RCos in the 1st week of november.
Don't know about the points yet. Will post it if i receive any update.
Good luck for everyone who are waiting for approval.
Hi,

Do you know by when all applications will be completed for november? I still haven't got any update from my solicitor. Meeting happened on 11th, so what is the maximum time frame, that I can expect the update?
It can take a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sofia1996
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: November 2019 Restricted COS - PLS DO NOT POST VISA APP RELATED QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Post by Sofia1996 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:15 pm

gmw2019 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 am
Hello all, my company submitted the application at the end of October, we were then asked to supply supporting documents which we also did before the end of October (before the given deadline). My application is still "Under Review" - has this happened to anyone before? Does my application then roll over into December allocation?
Hello! The same thing is happening to me. Applied on the 22nd October and sent the requested docs a few days after that. I've read the previous threads on the subject and it looks like this kind of situation is quite common and affects a lot of applicants. Let's wait and see :?

bmdil
Newly Registered
India

Post by bmdil » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Finally got message from solicitor that Cos had been allocated. Exactly don't know about points but on Shortage list with 50k salary. Applied on 23 october

Thanks everyone and Admin for the support . All the best for everyone ❤️

megan94
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by megan94 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Tier2ICTAug2013 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am
megan94 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:40 pm
megan94 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Recieved my RCOS approval today. Applied originally in September, rejected in October due to insufficient evident of RMLT test. Applied again on November 4th. 23 points.

I have been told by HR that my COS is only valid from January 1st, 2020. Has anyone had this before or known why it may be the case? My start date was not set to this.
Sorry I meant to say 43 points!
any idea about RCOS allocation priority ,, i meant sequence to approved application ? i am still under review and i have 50 points and no any query from HO as well . doesn't it mean they rejected ? as 43 points already approved and i have 50 points
It seems pretty random to me. It is possible mine got approved quicker since I had previously submitted an application but last time it took me 7 weeks to hear anything... this time it took 2 days!

asiklk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

Post by asiklk » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 am

Dear friends
I got my Rcos granted yesterday (13/11/2019), my sponsor applied it on the 1st of Nov.
best of luck for anyone waiting

regards

Voyager3
Mood:

Post by Voyager3 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:53 am

megan94 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 pm
Tier2ICTAug2013 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am
megan94 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:40 pm
megan94 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Recieved my RCOS approval today. Applied originally in September, rejected in October due to insufficient evident of RMLT test. Applied again on November 4th. 23 points.

I have been told by HR that my COS is only valid from January 1st, 2020. Has anyone had this before or known why it may be the case? My start date was not set to this.
Sorry I meant to say 43 points!
any idea about RCOS allocation priority ,, i meant sequence to approved application ? i am still under review and i have 50 points and no any query from HO as well . doesn't it mean they rejected ? as 43 points already approved and i have 50 points
It seems pretty random to me. It is possible mine got approved quicker since I had previously submitted an application but last time it took me 7 weeks to hear anything... this time it took 2 days!
Make sense , Thank you , cross fingers.

hardyh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by hardyh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Hi Guys,

My employer applied for RCoS on the 1st November. The SMS is still saying 'under review'. Can someone please confirm what this status actually means and what the maximum time is for RCoS being granted?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 am

hardyh wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 pm
Hi Guys,

My employer applied for RCoS on the 1st November. The SMS is still saying 'under review'. Can someone please confirm what this status actually means and what the maximum time is for RCoS being granted?

Thank you
It means exactly what is says, "under review" so ho still processing it.

There is not maximum cut off time. It takes as long as ho needs to take to ensure all the correct procedures were followed and requirements are met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ws488
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ws488 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've submitted application on 31 Oct and my company's received an email from HO on 7 Nov requesting for more docs (current contract, new contract, evidence of RLMT etc) and we submitted all the docs on 8 Nov. My application status is still 'under review' and I have 50 points. Is there no time length for HO to check these docs? As they said that if we submit all requested docs before 11 Nov, it will still be considered in November allocation. Are you going to ask your employer to send an email to HO to ask for a status update?

Francesca123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Francesca123 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Finally got rcos! Been waiting since September! Good luck for those still waiting!

hardyh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by hardyh » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:41 am

I really hope this isn't the case, as I am still waiting as well. Can someone please confirm?

Sofia1996
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sofia1996 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:12 am

hardyh wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:41 am
Guys is it true that today is the last day for the Home Office to notify people in November? My employer was on the phone to them earlier and they said that the time to notify people lapses one week after the allocation meeting, apparently. Am I the only one still waiting?

I really hope this isn't the case, as I am still waiting as well. Can someone please confirm?
To be completely honest I don't think that's the case either as it appears that people do wait a long time from the allocation meeting until they are issued with a cos!

Lyssa23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lyssa23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm

ws488 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 pm
Hi Everyone,

I've submitted application on 31 Oct and my company's received an email from HO on 7 Nov requesting for more docs (current contract, new contract, evidence of RLMT etc) and we submitted all the docs on 8 Nov. My application status is still 'under review' and I have 50 points. Is there no time length for HO to check these docs? As they said that if we submit all requested docs before 11 Nov, it will still be considered in November allocation. Are you going to ask your employer to send an email to HO to ask for a status update?
I’m in the same situation. Have you heard anything from your employer? I have a feeling they were pushed to the December allocation date. Could we still get a November allocation or is that time frame over now?

anayak
Newly Registered
India

Post by anayak » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi Everyone,
My employer submitted the application on 5th September. My employer was audited by HO last month. We haven't received RCOS approval yet and according to my HR the status is still 'Under Review'. Does it really take this long to get RCOS approval? Is there a possibility that application has been pushed to December allocation?

Francesca123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Francesca123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:05 pm

anayak wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:23 pm
Hi Everyone,
My employer submitted the application on 5th September. My employer was audited by HO last month. We haven't received RCOS approval yet and according to my HR the status is still 'Under Review'. Does it really take this long to get RCOS approval? Is there a possibility that application has been pushed to December allocation?
My employer submitted on the 5th of september as well. They just confirmed that they got the rcos 2 days ago. I know the wait is painful but do hang in there x

Xadi7
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Xadi7 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:52 am

My Employer submitted application on 4th November, Yesterday company immigration lawyer informed me that they got Restricted COS but a little Admin work to be done by company then they book an appointment for next process. not sure what he means by admin work but i hope everything goes well * finger crossed
My job was in Shortage occupation list

best of luck for everyone

ws488
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ws488 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 am

Lyssa23 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm
ws488 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I’m in the same situation. Have you heard anything from your employer? I have a feeling they were pushed to the December allocation date. Could we still get a November allocation or is that time frame over now?
My application was rejected because my employer made careless mistakes on the application. So they have to redo the RLMT again and we can't apply again till January 2020 :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 am

ws488 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 am
Lyssa23 wrote:
ws488 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My application was rejected because my employer made careless mistakes on the application. So they have to redo the RLMT again and we can't apply again till January 2020 :(
What was the error??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

christianf21
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by christianf21 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm

My application was rejected as well because there was a few errors in the job description in where it was "a few words different" from the job description in the job boards for the RLMT.

My employer will be applying again for December.

Sofia1996
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sofia1996 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:38 am

ws488 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 am
Lyssa23 wrote:
ws488 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The Home Office got back to us on the 18th of November, rejecting the application as they weren't satisfied with the market labor test. The reason is that the screenshots were taken after the add expired (on findajob) and they were also taken from the employer's page and not from the public page. Be really careful with the pay rates - my employer stated the appropriate level of pay for entry-level based on a 40 hour week when in fact they should have based that salary on a 39 hour week. All this info is in the Guidance, various appendices and really obscure tables one would not find unless one was an immigration lawyer. Good luck everyone and stay positive, what is meant to be will be:)!

johnchanbest
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by johnchanbest » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:19 pm

I am stilling waiting for the RCoS decision for the November round.
My HR submitted my RCoS on 5th Nov at around 18:00 after I had reminded them on phone two days preceding the deadline.
Now every time I ask my HR, they just tell me they haven't had any response from the HO yet. Nevertheless, as the HR I talk to is not the one who submitted the application for me (they refuse to bother their manager), They seem to have no idea about the SMS page. May I ask if my application is rejected, will the SMS system send message to the HR to notify them as they refuse to look into the SMS page for my status and insist that's what they normally do? In addition, is it possible that my RCoS status for the NOV is still "under review" after 5th Dec so that i do not need to re-apply for it for the Dec round?

Wish all of you all the best with your application!

Sofia1996
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sofia1996 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm

johnchanbest wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:19 pm
I am stilling waiting for the RCoS decision for the November round.
My HR submitted my RCoS on 5th Nov at around 18:00 after I had reminded them on phone two days preceding the deadline.
Now every time I ask my HR, they just tell me they haven't had any response from the HO yet. Nevertheless, as the HR I talk to is not the one who submitted the application for me (they refuse to bother their manager), They seem to have no idea about the SMS page. May I ask if my application is rejected, will the SMS system send message to the HR to notify them as they refuse to look into the SMS page for my status and insist that's what they normally do? In addition, is it possible that my RCoS status for the NOV is still "under review" after 5th Dec so that i do not need to re-apply for it for the Dec round?

Wish all of you all the best with your application!
Hello! Yes, the Home Office does send an email notifying whoever was specified on the license application (normally 2 people in the co). I don't think that you'd need to reapply if your application status is under review as the only option you are given when the status is under review is to withdraw the application. Only reapply after you get the full response from the Home Office (if you need to at all, that is).

johnchanbest
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by johnchanbest » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Thank you so much Sofia :-)

hardyh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by hardyh » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:22 am

Hi All,

I received an update from my employer over night:

"They (immigration lawyer) thinks what may have happened is they have had more apps than certificates awardable during the Nov 5 cycle. All aps awaiting review because of that, if that’s so, get rolled over into December 5 set and are first in the queue for review then. They don’t reject because of more aps than certifs; they roll them forward.

So her bet is we’re not going to be rejected but instead get rolled over at this point. So it’s probably early-mid December and then with all the subsequent garbage, sounds like mid-late December before you’re free to come back with WP in hand.

Once ap goes past a month then can enquire; otherwise enquiry will be rejected (in HO thinking, they’re not “late” yet before a month has passed). I’m having them initiate that if we haven’t gotten it by EOM.

I hope this is helpful info for some of you. I am still holding out hope for a decision before the end of the month. If not I guess I'll hope to receive mid December once the committee have met on the 11th.

Shubo1
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Shubo1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 am

Hi Hardyh,

How could they have more applications for cos then they are able to grant?

As the following link suggests in all months HO granted cos for all valid applications submitted by the 5th of the respective month.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship

thanks