ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job ad reference number missed on CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farazmir
Newly Registered

Job ad reference number missed on CoS

Post by farazmir » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi,

My wife is applying from within the UK to switch from Tier 4 dependant to Tier 2 primary applicant.
Now, all the documentation is in order - except - the job ad reference number has not been mentioned on the CoS by her employer. We have submitted the documents today through express service so the COS can't be edited. So we tried contacting UKVI to inform them about this so that the visa is not rejected. However, the recorded voice on the UKVI helpline said that they will call us if there is anything to clarify. There is no option to get through to an agent.

I want to know if missing the job ad reference number can be considered as grounds for refusal. We have that information and want to provide it but don't know how. Can we send this through email? Does the employer have to send this through email? Or do we just wait for UKVI to contact us?

Thanks.

sachinis100

Re: Job ad reference number missed on CoS

Post by sachinis100 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi,

Tier 4 holders are exempted from RMLT, dont worry. Your application should be alright even if employer didn't mentioned about ref.no.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:04 pm

sachinis100 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm
Hi,

Tier 4 holders are exempted from RMLT, dont worry. Your application should be alright even if employer didn't mentioned about ref.no.
The user is a tier 4 DEPENDENT, not a tier 4 main visa holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farazmir
Newly Registered

Post by farazmir » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:36 pm

sachinis100 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm
Hi,

I should've mentioned more detail earlier - So I came here on a Tier 4 visa, and my wife and kid as my Tier 4 dependents. If I had been able to score a job I am definitely exempt from RLMT.
However, my wife being a Tier 4 dependents was not exempt from RLMT. She got the job offer from NHS after necessary RLMT was carried out and salary threshold was met. So all of that has been covered. It is just that my wife's employer had not mentioned the job ad reference number details in the COS even though it was available.

I would like to update that I called up the UKVI helpline and they said that since we have applied on priority service (5 days) we should be receiving a call from them soon in case they need the information. Further, they also said that we can also send this additional information by post to the Home Office UKVI address in Sheffield.

We have prepared the letter, will post it tomorrow. Will try to update here about how this goes.

farazmir
Newly Registered

Post by farazmir » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:29 am

Hi again,

Got the visa approved email today, on the second day after applying!