ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Revoked Experience!?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship Revoked Experience!?

Post by M7edShin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Hello Guys,

I thought that it would be good if we open a topic of what could cause a citizenship to be revoked from an applicant after receiving the passport.

Does anyone know or heard or dealt with such before to share experience with us?

There is one guy I know who approved for the coming DEC 9th citizenship and he is going to divorce (He is on STAMP4EU), I just wonder, if he gets the passport then he starts the divorce, will that revoke the citizenship for him?

I guess it would be good that everyone share facts and true stories of anyone whose Irish citizenship has been revoked.

Thanks

Omad24
Afghanistan

Re: Citizenship Revoked Experience!?

Post by Omad24 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:02 pm

No he wouldn’t get his citizenship revoked for divorce. If he entered the marriage for sole reason to get citizenship then maybe.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Omad24 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:02 pm
No he wouldn’t get his citizenship revoked for divorce. If he entered the marriage for sole reason to get citizenship then maybe.
Naah I do not think so, they have kids born here (Not irish but) and they been married for a long time.

I thought divorce after citizenship could be a strong reason to revoke so I can make him aware.

I will try to google the reasons that could revoke irish citizenship

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Divorce is not a valid reason whatsoever.

In fact, no ordinary people have ever been revoked. The citizenship can only be revoked if the person on purpose hid any important material fact or mislead the minister in the application. Even that, in reality, it is very difficult for the government to prove that it was done on purpose.

Divorce is a perfectly legally fine process (well, unless the government has proofs that the applicant entered a sham marriage for the sole purpose of getting a residence permit).

Unless the person decides to become a terrorist and commit some war crimes, there’s virtually no chance that the citizenship can be revoked.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 pm

There will be leaflet provided in citizenship pack during ceremony that lists the reasons for revoking citizenship. It includes things like
False or untrue information provided for citizenship
Terrorist funding etc
revoking citizenship is not an easy process and they will not revoke unless you are danger to the state

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Oh that's very good that no one have experienced that. You all right, revoke would be something very dangerous to the state or false data.

As long as no one experience it then no point to keep the topic open. I thought it's good to share experience so people to be aware of things but seems it's very difficult and never happened.

Thanks guys