ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Financial requirements query

Post by Hugos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi everyone,
I’ve recently taken up a salaried employment here in the UK and want to begin planning ahead towards making a spousal visa application for my wife who currently lives abroad. Here goes my question ; I work for a UK limited company entire shares owned by a sole director. As an employee who is strictly on salary , is it ok for me to presume I fall under Category A ?
Secondly , if at the end of 6 months , my gross pay is approximately £10,000 , would I have met the financial requirement if the relevant bank statements and payslips evidencing the transactions are provided.

I’ve been reading the guidance lately and sometimes I guess it’s best to seek clarification when in doubt.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Financial requirements query

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Secondly , if at the end of 6 months , my gross pay is approximately £10,000 , would I have met the financial requirement if the relevant bank statements and payslips evidencing the transactions are provided. YES

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Hugos wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:28 pm
I work for a UK limited company entire shares owned by a sole director.
Is he/she is your family member or related to you??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:03 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:09 pm
Secondly , if at the end of 6 months , my gross pay is approximately £10,000 , would I have met the financial requirement if the relevant bank statements and payslips evidencing the transactions are provided. YES
Thanks

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:05 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 pm
Hugos wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:28 pm
I work for a UK limited company entire shares owned by a sole director.
Is he/she is your family member or related to you??
No , my employer is neither a family member nor related to me

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:47 am

Hi guys ,
Can someone throw more light to my queries above please ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:20 pm

If you have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months while remaining with same employer then you can simply apply under category A by attaching 6 months of payslips & bank statements and an employer letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:20 pm
If you have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months while remaining with same employer then you can simply apply under category A by attaching 6 months of payslips & bank statements and an employer letter.
Thanks a lot for the clarification,
much appreciated.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:20 pm
Thanks a lot for the clarification,
much appreciated.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Spouse Visa - Financial Requirement

Post by Hugos » Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Hello ,

I was hoping to get some clarification with regards financial requirement issues as its a bit of a weird one and I am unsure of how to go about it.

I am on a fixed salary income for an employer for services rendered on a regular basis (£1700) , I've been there for the past 7 months and this is a side job which I undertake as I am a mainly self employed but do not want to use this route(my self employment as I happen to be the Director of my own company) - My employer paid me via BACS for the first three months but has carried on to pay me CASH ever since but still provided me with payslips .

Would this be an issue in the course of my application for my wife to join me?

Kind regards

Hugo

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial Requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 22, 2020 7:10 pm

On receiving the cash, did you then pay it into your account such that when you print off your account statements it reflects?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Hugos wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 pm
but has carried on to pay me CASH ever since but still provided me with payslips .
No issue provided you kept depositing it in to your designated bank account in full.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

seagul wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 pm
Hugos wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 pm
but has carried on to pay me CASH ever since but still provided me with payslips .
No issue provided you kept depositing it in to your designated bank account in full.
Thanks for clarifying , unfortunately I wasn’t doing this religiously as I never realised it would be an issue. Sometimes I paid in some of it , other times I did not . Now I’m confused and trying to figure a way out of this predicament. Does it mean I’m left with no other choice than to start all over again ?

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:10 pm
On receiving the cash, did you then pay it into your account such that when you print off your account statements it reflects?
Unfortunately not I’m afraid , from the looks of it , it appears I might as well have wasted these past couple of months

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Hugos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:10 pm
Unfortunately not I’m afraid , from the looks of it , it appears I might as well have wasted these past couple of months
The account deposit reflecting in your printed statement covering the required period serves as contemporaneous evidence corroborating the pay slips you are to tender.
Let's see what other options from more knowledgeable persons or people who had similar circumstances and succeeded in the application will tell.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm

See an official example:
Example
The prospective sponsor of an application for entry clearance as a partner is in
nonsalaried employment with a construction firm in the UK. He is paid weekly in cash
and receives payslips showing this net income, together with the gross amount and the
correct deductions for tax and National Insurance. He currently deposits around half of
his net income in his bank account each week and uses the remainder of the cash to pay
his rent and some of his living expenses. He will need instead to bank all of his net
income each week so that this income is reflected in his bank statements for a period of
at least 6 months prior to the date of application in order to be able to rely on the gross
amount of this employment income in sponsoring his partner’s application. Failure to do
this would mean that the unbanked cash income could not be counted towards meeting
the financial requirement.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm
See an official example:
Example
The prospective sponsor of an application for entry clearance as a partner is in
nonsalaried employment with a construction firm in the UK. He is paid weekly in cash
and receives payslips showing this net income, together with the gross amount and the
correct deductions for tax and National Insurance. He currently deposits around half of
his net income in his bank account each week and uses the remainder of the cash to pay
his rent and some of his living expenses. He will need instead to bank all of his net
income each week so that this income is reflected in his bank statements for a period of
at least 6 months prior to the date of application in order to be able to rely on the gross
amount of this employment income in sponsoring his partner’s application. Failure to do
this would mean that the unbanked cash income could not be counted towards meeting
Thanks a lot guys ....@AmazonianX and @seagul , your prompt responses are highly appreciated.
I guess it's time to start afresh because at the end of the day , the goal is to get it right once and for all.
will be back in a couple of months to fill you in on my progress.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Hugos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm
See an official example:
Example
Thanks a lot guys ....@AmazonianX and @seagul , your prompt responses are highly appreciated.
I guess it's time to start afresh because at the end of the day , the goal is to get it right once and for all.
will be back in a couple of months to fill you in on my progress.
Please do be frequent this forum, it's a gold mine, read and ask questions and accomplish that goal of getting it right once and for all.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Accommodation Queries

Post by Hugos » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Good day All,

Thanks as usual for always coming to my aid and promptly responding to my questions. I’m back again now with a burning question and hoping to get some clarification.

My landlord and his family own a few properties along the same road.
Please note that the place where I previously lived belongs to my landlord and is registered to his name ,however I recently moved to the next building also owned by them ( the family ) as rooms are bigger and has private toilet and bathroom , this is in preparation for my spousal visa application . My landlord issued and signed the tenancy agreement as well as a NO Objection Certificate , I also did an inspection report.

I have found out that even although my landlord runs the family business and has signed the tenancy agreement for this new accommodation in his name however , this particular building I’m renting now actually happens to be in his Dad’s name.

My question is - would this pose any problem for me with regards my application?

Kind regards

Henry

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accommodation Queries

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Hugos wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:43 pm
this particular building I’m renting now actually happens to be in his Dad’s name.

My question is - would this pose any problem for me with regards my application?

Kind regards

Henry
No issue.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Thanks @Seagul ,

So just to buttress my point , the tenancy agreement was made with him ( son) as the landlord even though house is in his dad’s name ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Hugos wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:40 pm
Thanks @Seagul ,

So just to buttress my point , the tenancy agreement was made with him ( son) as the landlord even though house is in his dad’s name ?
Doesn't matter because a lot of investors especially with small portfolio of residential properties don't hire any estate agent rather manage themselves or ask someone else in their family/generation. It may only slightly be problematic where you were supposed to provide the title register which won't be needed in your circumstances as you are renting instead be accommodated by family.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks a lot , this has laid my worries to rest .
I appreciate a lot