ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR Salary and Documents requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 General to ILR Misc Questions

Post by blackswanldn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi! Some misc Tier 2 General to ILR route application questions I've run into online.
1. Date to apply: all googling says 28 days from date of issue of visa, not entry, but the application says "Since you first entered the UK". So would issue on 1/1/15 allow me to apply 4 Dec. My actual entry on 4 Jan allows to apply 7 Dec (can you apply on a Sunday?). I would still list those 3 days inbetween as absences, yes?

2. The bank statement I'll submit will show a significant overdraft. Is this going to be an issue?

3. My employer refuses to list all my absence dates even though I've given them a VERY detailed list. As part of my employment verification letter they've written: When required to work outside the UK she was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. Additionally her annual holiday entitlement was 25 working days and all leaves taken were approved by xxCompany.

4. Has anyone used an immigration solicitor just to sanity check their application. I'm planning to use Super Priority and that's a lot of £ to lose if I talk to something up.

5. I have a second US passport for when I was renewing my Tier 2 and had to travel for work. There's not questions about other passports but I'll include it in my biometrics I guess? Do I need to write a letter/statement about it?

6. How does it work after payment to submitting documentation?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR Misc Questions

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:58 pm

1. Date to apply: all googling says 28 days from date of issue of visa, not entry, but the application says "Since you first entered the UK". So would issue on 1/1/15 allow me to apply 4 Dec. My actual entry on 4 Jan allows to apply 7 Dec (can you apply on a Sunday?). I would still list those 3 days inbetween as absences, yes?
Yes. The qualifying period starts fron visa issue date but gaps between issue date and entry is counted as absence
2. The bank statement I'll submit will show a significant overdraft. Is this going to be an issue?
Not relevant
3. My employer refuses to list all my absence dates even though I've given them a VERY detailed list. As part of my employment verification letter they've written: When required to work outside the UK she was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. Additionally her annual holiday entitlement was 25 working days and all leaves taken were approved by xxCompany.
That is good enough
4. Has anyone used an immigration solicitor just to sanity check their application. I'm planning to use Super Priority and that's a lot of £ to lose if I talk to something up.
No need for a solicitor in most cases
5. I have a second US passport for when I was renewing my Tier 2 and had to travel for work. There's not questions about other passports but I'll include it in my biometrics I guess? Do I need to write a letter/statement about it?
No
6. How does it work after payment to submitting documentation?
You are told to create an account with UKVCAS, upload your document scans and book your appointment.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR Misc Questions

Post by blackswanldn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 pm

you're my hero and my favourite person today!

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 General to ILR Salary and Documents requirements

Post by blackswanldn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi,
Applying ILR on 5 year route under T2 Gen SET (O). Two quetions...

1. Would any red flags be raised for income 65% greater than the Experienced Worker salary in my SOC code?

2. When I started an application online with intent to come back to it later, I thought it said my required documents only included 1 month of payslip and bank statement. Does this sound right? One of my solicitor advisers said need 5 years? I can't find the list of required docs and I can't figure out how to get back to my application. I am intending to submit:

1. Passport
2. 2nd Passport
3. 2 Photographs
4. BRP Card
5. Pass Notification Letter, Life in the UK Test
6. List of absences from UK
7. Employer letter confirming salary, annual leave/business travel, and continued need for employment
8. Bank Statement(s)
9. Pay slip(s)
10. Verification checks documents x3

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR Salary and Documents requirements

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 pm

1. Would any red flags be raised for income 65% greater than the Experienced Worker salary in my SOC code?

Red flags are raised when you get a large sudden increase just before qualifying to apply for ILR. If you have been on x salary with reasonable increases, then no red flag, as presumably your CoS and the SMS system has been updated.
2. When I started an application online with intent to come back to it later, I thought it said my required documents only included 1 month of payslip and bank statement. Does this sound right? One of my solicitor advisers said need 5 years?
Your solicitor is WRONG. You only need one month of each, most submit 3 months of each just to be safe.
I am intending to submit:

1. Passport
2. 2nd Passport
3. 2 Photographs
4. BRP Card
5. Pass Notification Letter, Life in the UK Test
6. List of absences from UK
7. Employer letter confirming salary, annual leave/business travel, and continued need for employment
8. Bank Statement(s)
9. Pay slip(s)
10. Verification checks documents x3
All fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by blackswanldn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Do the payslips and bank statements need to be 'certified' as I've read before? Is that a thing?

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by blackswanldn » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:55 pm

In the online application, does the first absence need to be the time between Visa issue date and entry date? Or is that not required in the form and they'll figure it out from the passport scan?
Visa Issue 1/1/2015
Entry 4/1/2015
Intended application date 4/12/2019

How much detail is required in a) employer letter list of absences & b) online application reason for absence? These should match, no? Is business & personal sufficient or would "Business travel for Satellite project meetings" be better? Or too much?
If business/personal trip is combined do I need to detail the dates of each?

I don't have an entry stamp or exit stamp for trip to Cuba, it was on my paper visa issued by the airline which I no longer have. Should I provide flight record as backup or wait and see what they say, if anything.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 pm

blackswanldn wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:55 pm
In the online application, does the first absence need to be the time between Visa issue date and entry date? Or is that not required in the form and they'll figure it out from the passport scan?
Visa Issue 1/1/2015
Entry 4/1/2015
Intended application date 4/12/2019
Yes

How much detail is required in a) employer letter list of absences & b) online application reason for absence? These should match, no? Is business & personal sufficient or would "Business travel for Satellite project meetings" be better? Or too much?
If business/personal trip is combined do I need to detail the dates of each?
This level if detail is not required. Business / Personal is more than enough for employer letter. You can detail the persoanl reasons in the online application if you wish i.e. holiday, visiting family, etc.

I don't have an entry stamp or exit stamp for trip to Cuba, it was on my paper visa issued by the airline which I no longer have. Should I provide flight record as backup or wait and see what they say, if anything.
Provide the flight record just to be safe, although it may not be required. Your passport will have a stamp from your return to the UK. Please also see what others on this forum have to say about this.

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by blackswanldn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:04 pm

One more question (hopefully) before I submit application this week:
If I submit the application at 12:001 am, will this count as the day before? I need to apply Super Priority on the 4th. Is it better to wait until "business hours" or a set time?

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by blackswanldn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:08 am

Will my BRP number change from my Tier 2 to ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

Your new BRP will have a different number yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.