ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hadjer123
Newly Registered

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Hadjer123 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi everyone , I am a new member to this forum , this is my story with the HO
I had a derivative residency which expired in Dencember 2018 , before it had expired I applied for an extension , received a reply from the HO 8 months later in June 2019 that my application was refused based on the same reason as they did to most of Zambrano cases . So I decided to both appeal the decision and apply for Settelment .

This is my time line so far
Applied in 8 August 2019
Biometrics done on 18 August
COA received on 28 August

Still waiting for a decision as most of us . I contacted the resolution centre twice in both occasions they said not that long left before you hear the decision

All the best to all of us

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Hadjer123 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:46 pm
I had a derivative residency which expired in Dencember 2018 , before it had expired I applied for an extension , received a reply from the HO 8 months later in June 2019 that my application was refused based on the same reason as they did to most of Zambrano cases . So I decided to both appeal the decision and apply for Settelment .

Applied in 8 August 2019

Still waiting for a decision as most of us . I contacted the resolution centre twice in both occasions they said not that long left before you hear the decision

Hello Hadjer123

Sorry to hear your Zambrano residence right took almost a year to be decided and as usual, Home Office tick boxes refused your case.

If your case was refused with

You have made no attempt to regularise your stay under british domestic immigration (appeal under 36)

Please take your chance at the Court and the Judges are with everyone whose refusal is under Patel vs SSHD.

Dont worry too much, get your settled status application in asap and you will be fine.

Long live Zambrano carers

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:04 pm

Hadjer123 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Applied in 8 August 2019

Hi have u got hearing date so far for ur drf1 application?

Hadjer123
Newly Registered

Post by Hadjer123 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Thank you snooky , yes that was the reason for refusal , ( Patel case ) . I have appealed the decision and waiting for the hearing which should be soon .

Mubahsir1981 , no I haven’t been given an exact day for the hearing as I have chosen paper hearing , I couldn’t be bothered to go to court so I submitted all evidence in writing . So they told the hearing should be now any day when a judge is available and that was sent via email from the court it has been two weeks now .

We need to keep our hope high, I graduated from the UK , hold two masters degrees work for the NHS yet that is not enough for the HO to prove our permanent stay without given us a hard time , but never mind maybe not long and everything should be fine .

God bless us all .

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 am

Looks like home office removed derivative residence guidance notes. Cant find it any more there only can find form or old guidance back in 2012. Wht could b the reason. :shock:

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 am
Looks like home office removed derivative residence guidance notes. Cant find it any more there only can find form or old guidance back in 2012. Wht could b the reason. :shock:
Hi mubashir1981

The Home Office have not taken off the guidance. They have tidy up their website rather
Follow this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-guidance

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:37 am

Hadjer123 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 pm
Thank you snooky , yes that was the reason for refusal , ( Patel case ) . I have appealed the decision and waiting for the hearing which should be soon .

Mubahsir1981 , no I haven’t been given an exact day for the hearing as I have chosen paper hearing , I couldn’t be bothered to go to court so I submitted all evidence in writing . So they told the hearing should be now any day when a judge is available and that was sent via email from the court it has been two weeks now .

We need to keep our hope high, I graduated from the UK , hold two masters degrees work for the NHS yet that is not enough for the HO to prove our permanent stay without given us a hard time , but never mind maybe not long and everything should be fine .

God bless us all .
Hi Hadjer

Good to hear you have appealed. Home Office intentionally creates illegal migrants.

You can amend your argument statement with this

Your card to win is article 20, section 15A -subsection and/or paragraph (2) (3) (4A) or (5) of EEA regulations 2006

Dereci & others v Bundesministerium Inners (c-256/11) 15 November 2011 paragraph

Chavez - vilchez paragraph 65

O and others paragraph 51 and 56

Section 55 Of boarders Citizenship Act 2009

Patel paragraph 42 which the Court said it is UNEQUIVOCAL

Or hope your statement contains the above
Tnx

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 am

snooky wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Hi mubashir1981

The Home Office have not taken off the guidance. They have tidy up their website rather
Follow this link
Thanks this is for for EUSS. I am talking about drf1 notes.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:12 am

Hadjer
could u plz tell how much did u pay ur solicitor for paper apeal.
And plz let us know result.
Thanks

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:52 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 am
snooky wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Hi mubashir1981

Follow this link
Thanks this is for for EU Settlement Scheme. I am talking about drf1 notes.
Hi

This is it

All the same pal
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residence

Hadjer123
Newly Registered

Post by Hadjer123 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:12 am
Hadjer
could u plz tell how much did u pay ur solicitor for paper apeal.
And plz let us know result.
Thanks
I will update you guys as soon as I hear anything from them . I was lucky didn’t pay any solicitor fees as my friend that I knew from university time done my appeal .

All the best to all of you guys .

Thanks

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:42 pm

StArting to feel frustrated now but what can you do but swallow it and just trust God
Solicitor says they are escalating my case to the quality team ...what does that even mean ?😢the anxiety and uncertainty is starting to take the best of me ....arrrgghhhh
Have a nice weekend everyone let’s try to stay happy with hope’s high up if possible

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Billyosa wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:20 am
Hello my good people I have some good news to share with you. I called the resolution centre yesterday 19th November 2019, to request for our passports and was informed my wife and I have been granted a pre-settled status on Monday 18th 2019. So we should expect our documents by next week.
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18
Submitted paper applications 1/09/19
Received: COA : 9/09/19
Got a call from my caseworker on 14/10/19 stating we only qualifies for pre-settle instead of settled status which I knew but I intentionally selected settled to see what happens so he needed my consent to change it before he can make a decision.
Got our pre-settled status on 18/11/19.

So now we hold both DRC and EU pre-settled status.

I encourage each one of you here to calm down, your good news is on the way... To God be the glory...
Billyosa congratulations 😘🤗to you and your family. Very happy for you. It didn't take that long. We thank God for his faithfulness🙏.

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Notjustok7 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am
Hello Fam, I have good news to share...

Zambrano Application for parent of British child

Got Derivative residence card in May 2014
Derivative card expired May 2019

Zambrano settlement scheme Paper Application made 16/07/2019
Application received by HO 17/07/2019
Biometrics letter received 30/07/2019
Biometrics enrolled 02/08/2019
COA Received 18/08/2018
Settlement status received 20/11/2019

Finally I can put this drama behind and fudge ahead. Good luck to everyone, stay strong and be positive. I pray you all receive your good news soon. Amen
Congratulations Family😘🤗. God is indeed faithful. We thank God🙏. Congratulations to you and your family.

Misha2001
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Misha2001 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 am

Hi all. Just wanted to say Thank you to all the posts and comments. It helped me a lot for the last 8 months. By reading the post I made important decisions that led to my Settled Status. Myself and my wife (both from Ukraine which is not in EU) got ILR under EU Settlement scheme, Zambrano, today. :)
Just want to say that it takes time and to be patient. As long as you qualify under the scheme and provide as much evidence to them, you will get it.
I have lived in UK for over 18 years. My story is very long, so I will write relevant info to this thread. We got DRC under Zambrano in March 2014 for 5 years. In January 2019 applied for another one but was refused In June 2019. Been told to apply under article 8 or appeal. Didn't do any of these, instead done online application for EU settlement scheme (zambrano). In July done Biometrics and received COA. Called them end of August asking about update, only to be told that I need to apply again with paper application. Which i did, and HO received it on 21st September. 22nd November got our BRC.
Thank you again. And i hope we all get settled status sooner then later.

snooky

Post by snooky » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:03 am

Misha2001 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 am
Hi all. Just wanted to say Thank you to all the posts and comments. It helped me a lot for the last 8 months. By reading the post I made important decisions that led to my Settled Status. Myself and my wife (both from Ukraine which is not in EU) got ILR under EU Settlement scheme, Zambrano, today. :)
Just want to say that it takes time and to be patient. As long as you qualify under the scheme and provide as much evidence to them, you will get it.
I have lived in UK for over 18 years. My story is very long, so I will write relevant info to this thread. We got DRC under Zambrano in March 2014 for 5 years. In January 2019 applied for another one but was refused In June 2019. Been told to apply under article 8 or appeal. Didn't do any of these, instead done online application for EU settlement scheme (zambrano). In July done Biometrics and received COA. Called them end of August asking about update, only to be told that I need to apply again with paper application. Which i did, and HO received it on 21st September. 22nd November got our BRC.
Hi Fam

Kudos Kudos Kudos

Hope these success encourages people to live up, hang on, and not to jack it in.
Bless

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Misha2001 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 am
This is a testimony. As the latter part of the process was so quick. We thank God. God is Good. We celebrate with you. Congratulations🙏🙏🙏🙏

Misha2001
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Misha2001 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi All. I am not sure where to find answer to my question. May be someone can point me in the right direction. I and my wife got ILR under Zambrano, can I apply for British citizenship for my 2 non eu children? I checked online on gov.uk and it says that if any of parents holds ILR then the child can to apply for one. But is this relevant to Zambarano parents with ILR? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Misha2001 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Hi All. I am not sure where to find answer to my question. May be someone can point me in the right direction. I and my wife got ILR under Zambrano, can I apply for British citizenship for my 2 non eu children? I checked online on gov.uk and it says that if any of parents holds ILR then the child can to apply for one. But is this relevant to Zambarano parents with ILR? Thank you
Please ask your citizenship question in the British citizenship sub forum.

Are your children UK born or were they born abroad? If they were born abroad, they need ILR first and can only apply for citizenship when either parent is also applying for citizenship.

Zambrano is irrelevant to citizenship as citizenship is strictly under UK nationality laws and has nothing to do with EEA/EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stace18
Newly Registered

Post by Stace18 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Pls someone help me with an answer,are those of you getting presettled or settled status especially Chen carers,are you allowed recourse to public funds or not?

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Stace18 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 pm
Pls someone help me with an answer,are those of you getting presettled or settled status especially Chen carers,are you allowed recourse to public funds or not?
Hello Stace18

To your question about benefits.

1. With settled status, you are allowed any benefits as far as you meet the condition. Remember benefits are means tested.

2. Pre settled status holders are not allowed to draw means tested benefits but only contributory benefits.

But under the EEA Regulations, someone derivative holders can take benefits if your Zambrano is not on british citizen child.

Big ups

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Misha2001 wrote:
Misha2001

You have asked the most tricky question.

The answer is BIG NO.

If you are granted settled status, you would have to wait for 12 month from the dated day of your settled status letter to qualify for your QUESTION

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:37 pm

snooky wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:20 pm
Misha2001 wrote:
Misha2001

You have asked the most tricky question.

The answer is BIG NO.

If you are granted settled status, you would have to wait for 12 month from the dated day of your settled status letter to qualify for your QUESTION
Again the good news is that from the date of your settled status, any child you begot would be automatically british as you are now an ILR holder.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:35 am

Congratulations to everyone who has received their status....I'm really happy and this victory feels personal.
To those of us still waiting, it's certain just a little more waiting.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Stace18 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 pm
Hello Stace18

To your question about benefits.

1. With settled status, you are allowed any benefits as far as you meet the condition. Remember benefits are means tested.

2. Pre settled status holders are not allowed to draw means tested benefits but only contributory benefits.

But under the EEA Regulations, someone derivative holders can take benefits if your Zambrano is not on british citizen child.

Big ups
Nah Snooky, it's not true. You are entitled to benefits when you are granted either settled or pre settled depending on your circumstances. Yes it is means tested.

Your rights with settled or pre-settled status

You’ll be able to:

work in the UK use the NHS for free as you do now enrol in education or continue studying, acess public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you’re eligible for them travel in and out of the UK.