ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 6 months since submission

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bluewatch
Newly Registered
South Africa

Over 6 months since submission

Post by bluewatch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi all,

I submitted an application using form UKF on 20th May 2019; I did my biometrics on 5th June. I heard nothing at all from UKVI after the email on the 20th May confirming my application had been submitted.

A couple of days ago I called the helpline to see if they could tell me why I hadn't had a decision. They took all my details and about an hour after the call, I received an email that just said that they can't always meet the 6 month target and that they will contact me when they are in a position to take a decision on my case.

They have not asked for any extra documentation or indicated that there might be any kind of problem processing my application - UKVI service standards stipulate that they should contact you within 12 weeks of submission to let you know if there is outstanding documentation or an expected delay.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Over 6 months since submission

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Similar questions are raised frequently here on the forum.
There's no way of knowing why some applications should take six months or longer, without UKVI communicating any queries or requests for additional documents. Note that the people on the helpline can only give limited advice and do not have direct access to case workers or case files - it's an outsourced service.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bluewatch
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by bluewatch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi alterhase,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

I do know that the helpline staff (who were actually very kind and polite on this occasion!) did not have any access to my records, as they told me so, explicitly :)
That's why I was posting here: because there are people at all stages of the process on this site, and I thought that someone might have had a similar experience and may have some insight.

I take it you have no direct personal experience of this particular response?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:33 pm

My application went through in three months which was standard in late 2016 so I'm just monitoring what experiences are shared on the forum.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

anais97
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by anais97 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 pm

I’m at 3-1/2 months wait myself, so I can absolutely sympathise with you! As they say, it’s a privilege, not a right, so I think we just need to wait it out. At least we don’t need to worry about expiring visa dates anymore..? :)