ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP name error correction timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlexaO
Newly Registered

BRP name error correction timelines

Post by AlexaO » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Hey guys

Please I need some help with information

I received my brp card on the 28th of October and they got my family name and given names all over the place. ( they got it wrong)

I find this quite annoying because they have my application form, passport and former brp which shows my name correctly and clearly

Anyway I reported it on the online form that same day and also sent an email but only got automated responses. The online form automated response said it will be resolved within 20days. After 10 days of waiting with no response i went ahead and re sent the form. I also emailed a few times after then due to desperation because I had to travel out on the 19th of nov which has now come and gone

Its now over 20 days and still no response.

Does anyone know what’s going on with this process? Or how they can be reached?

I’m very sadden by this situation because I literally couldn’t travel on my travel date and still waiting to hear from the brp corrections team

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP name error correction timelines

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:39 pm

How is it on the card and how should it be, ie using John James Smith as an example??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AlexaO
Newly Registered

Post by AlexaO » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 am

For example using random names
My name On my passport and expired brp is
Sophie Maya Dublin-Green

On the new brp card it’s:

Maya Sophie Dublin

AlexaO
Newly Registered

Post by AlexaO » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:28 pm

AlexaO wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 am
For example using random names
My name On my passport and expired brp is
Sophie Maya Dublin-Green

On the new brp card it’s:

Maya Sophie Dublin

AlexaO
Newly Registered

Post by AlexaO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:39 pm
How is it on the card and how should it be, ie using John James Smith as an example??
I have also reported this error online several times. (At least 6 times) The first date being the 28th Oct which is the day I received my brp

Does this affect the waiting time in anyway?

Swat
Newly Registered
India

Post by Swat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:41 pm

I have the same issue.
The surname / family name on the BRP had an error there was no option to make a correction. So I submitted a cover letter along with the BRP application as I spotted it then.
I was suggested by the call center representative to submit the cover letter.
The name on the BRP came back with the error on it. I guess my cover letter and additional proof was not even looked at.
I recieved the BRP on the 4th of November 2019. I reported the same online on 5th November 2019. Received an automated response. Its been 20 working days as of today and I still havent heard any response.
I have resubmitted the form online. There is no email or phone contact mentioned.
Have you heard from them yet. Also please do post as soon as you hear from them. Will do the same. Thanks for posting. Was just reassured I'm not the only one reading your post.

AlexaO
Newly Registered

Post by AlexaO » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi
I got an email 26th of November saying I will get a replacement card in 7 days. I received the card on the 28th of November with the correct name

I guess the waiting time is over 20 days
Hope this helps