ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Elle268
Australia

Medical Treatment Question

Post by Elle268 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding Form VAF4A question 6.17 related to medical treatment. For background, I have previously lived in the UK under other Tier visas (5 and 2) and have an NHS number and been to visit GPs.

I will select Yes to this question, so will need to provide my NHS number. Do l also need to provide the details of each visit (dates etc) to GP etc? The question on the form itself seems to read “provide an NHS number” only, however the guidance seems to ask to provide “details” so am wondering if there is more I need to provide? Please can someone advise. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Medical Treatment Question

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Elle268 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:05 pm
The question on the form itself seems to read “provide an NHS number” only, however the guidance seems to ask to provide “details” so am wondering if there is more I need to provide? Please can someone advise. Thank you.
Only reply what has been asked on the form. You must have paid IHS previously so there shouldn't be any issue if you have received any medical treatment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Sorry, does this mean I need to provide all the details of previous appointments (times and dates)? The question on the form seems straightforward, however the word ‘details’ in the guidance is confusing me and I'm worried if I provide only the NHS number (per the form) this won't be enough if the guidance is asking for more?

Also, one of my visa’s was prior to the IHS being introduced so it didn’t need to be paid - will this be a problem for the spouse visa application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Elle268 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Sorry, does this mean I need to provide all the details of previous appointments (times and dates)? The question on the form seems straightforward, however the word ‘details’ in the guidance is confusing me and I'm worried if I provide only the NHS number (per the form) this won't be enough if the guidance is asking for more?
Guidance usually give the information in extended words about application form to make it easier to understand. Just follow the form and give relevant answers and if there hasn't been asked about any explanation then don't give.
Elle268 wrote:
Also, one of my visa’s was prior to the IHS being introduced so it didn’t need to be paid - will this be a problem for the spouse visa application?
No issue
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Hello again.

Few more questions.

1) Are eye tests with Opticians and dental visits (hygienist) considered “medical treatment”?

2) When I was on Tier 2 visa, I finished up with my employment, and stayed in the UK for a few weeks before I moved back to my Home Country. I had an appointment with a nurse during this time period. Should I have paid for this visit to the nurse? My curtailment letter did not arrive until a few months after I left the UK, so not sure how this works in terms of using the NHS while I was still in the UK but finished employment.

Can anybody help advise?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks seagul.

Any thoughts on my second question? Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Visas applied for before April 6 2015
The surcharge was introduced on April 6 2015. If you're in the UK now but applied for your visa before that date, you may still be eligible for free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident.

The following must apply to you:

you applied for a visa to come to the UK, or to stay in the UK, for more than 6 months before April 6 2015
your visa application was approved and your visa has not expired
you're in the UK now
if you applied for your visa after April 6 2015, you would have had to pay the surcharge, or you would have fallen into one of the exemption categories.
If the above bullet points apply to you, your care is covered from the date your visa is granted until it expires.

But if your visa is curtailed or ended earlier than planned by the Home Office, you'll become chargeable for any further NHS hospital treatment from that date onwards.

If you then wish to apply for a further period of leave to remain, you'll have to pay the surcharge, unless you fall into one of the exemption categories.

If you wish to apply for, and are granted, indefinite leave to remain, you do not have to pay the surcharge.
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-se ... -area-eea/

If you are an Australian then you might be covered under Reciprocal Health Care Agreement.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/indivi ... ed-kingdom

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks seagul.

My Tier 2 visa was applied for after April 6, 2015. The supporting information you linked seems to refer to visas before this date, though, the confusing thing is that there is a point there for after the date (if you applied for your visa after April 6 2015, you would have had to pay the surcharge, or you would have fallen into one of the exemption categories.
If the above bullet points apply to you, your care is covered from the date your visa is granted until it expires
)

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it (happens a lot!). However, is it safe to say what you highlighted also applies to my visa that was applied for after April 6, 2015? So I wouldn't have needed to pay for the nurse visit from my question above?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Elle268 wrote:
One of your previous post was giving the illusion that you applied before April 2015 and that is why the relevant quote was provided to you. If you were never asked to pay back then maybe you were covered, also to get it reconfirmed better to contact them whether you owe something to them because they might have contacted you later when you had left UK.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:11 pm

I'm not aware of being asked to pay anything back, but I will check and confirm - can't be too careful especially when applying for spousal visa.

Thanks for your help, seagul.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 am

Hi Everyone

Just re-visiting this thread with some further NHS related questions.

Would anyone know where I could find information on using NHS on Tier 5 YMS visa prior to the introduction of the Immigration Health Surcharge?

Specifically, I am trying to find out if Tier 5 YMS visa holders (pre- IHS days) were able to use GP/Nurse services immediately, or if they needed to wait 6 or 12 months?

I did read that hospital treatment needed a 12 month waiting period, but this was exempted if the YMS visa holder was employed during the first 12 months. Is this correct?

Similarly, if the IHS was paid on a visa (post introduction of the surcharge), does this entitle the visa holder immediate use of the NHS? Both GP and Hospital?

Anyone have any thoughts on the above?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:11 am

Would anyone know where I could find information on using NHS on Tier 5 YMS visa prior to the introduction of the Immigration Health Surcharge?
Anyone in the UK on a visa valid for more than 6 months and not a visitor visa, is and was free to use the NHS.
Specifically, I am trying to find out if Tier 5 YMS visa holders (pre- IHS days) were able to use GP/Nurse services immediately, or if they needed to wait 6 or 12 months?
There never was or is a restriction or wait period.
I did read that hospital treatment needed a 12 month waiting period, but this was exempted if the YMS visa holder was employed during the first 12 months. Is this correct?
Not sure where you read that, but it is incorrect.
Similarly, if the IHS was paid on a visa (post introduction of the surcharge), does this entitle the visa holder immediate use of the NHS? Both GP and Hospital?
Yes. Anyone holding a visa other than a visitor visa is free to use the NHS. This has always been the case, even before the surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:27 am

Many thanks, CR001!

With regards to the 'wait period' it was more to do with not being able to receive free treatment straight away, as opposed to not being able to use the NHS at all. My apologies, in my haste I was a little unclear.

For hospital treatment, I actually found this on UKBA YMS guidance from years ago (applicable to when I applied for the YMS):

54. The Department of Health regulations
currently allow Youth Mobility Scheme
participants to be exempt from charges for
NHS hospital treatment after they have spent
a period of 12 months in the United Kingdom.
They will also be exempt during periods of
employment (including self-employment) in
the first 12 months of their stay, but not during
periods in that first 12 months when they are
not working.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:31 am

Unclear about the link this is from or what date it is. You have not stated the dates you held a YMS visa etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:41 am

Oops, sorry!

I held the YMS visa from 2013 through 2015.

The guidance I was reading was found on the national archives: Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Guidance Notes (Version 07/2012).

Thanks!

Elle268
Australia

Spouse Visa Application - Questions

Post by Elle268 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Hello All

I am setting up this topic to ask all questions related to UK Spouse Visa as we will shortly be completing the application – hope this new topic is okay.

Firstly, I wanted to ask if there is any guidance that can be found relating to the online application form on gov.uk? I had been looking at an older paper form (thinking it would be the same online), but the formatting of this on the online form is different and also the following guidance was withdrawn in November 2019: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2-to-vaf8b

Is there replacement guidance elsewhere that I can refer to?

Thank you.

Elle268
Australia

Re: Spouse Visa Application - Questions

Post by Elle268 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:01 am

Hi Everyone

Below are some of my initial questions relating to the spouse visa application - would welcome your thoughts/suggestions:

COPIES OF DOCUMENTS:

I understand that scanned copies of documents are accepted as part of the visa application.

1) To what extent do documents need to be certified as a true copy namely:

- Marriage Certificate
- Applicant Passport ID page and stamped pages (I understand the actual passport needs to be provided at the biometric appointment, but are copies required?)
- Sponsor Passport ID page and stamped pages
- Sponsor Payslips: these are scanned copies of the physical payslips issued

2) Would we also need to also provide copies or details of the following?

- Birth certificates for applicant and sponsor
- Proof of name change for applicant
- Old passports: including ID page, stamped pages and UK visas/vignettes for applicant
- Old passports of sponsor
- Scan of returned UK BRP
- Curtailment letter (this was received when I had already left the UK).

RELATIONSHIP PROOF:

3) Apart from the marriage certificate, photos, communication evidence etc, would we need to provide copies of the following in relation to the wedding?

- Notice of intended marriage
- Ring receipts
- Wedding dress receipt
- Wedding dinner receipt

4) Re. WhatsApp calls and chat messages:

- How far back should this cover? The whole relationship, or since the long distance relationship commenced?
- How many screenshots should be provided? Have read differing opinions on this.
- Who should be screenshotting the chats? I (applicant) have screenshotted from my phone, and ensured the conversations captured include both of our dialogues, and it is clear the messages were to my Partner, but it doesn’t show my name anywhere.

DATE OF TRAVEL:

5) What happens if the “date you plan to arrive in the UK” listed on the visa application passes and the application decision is not yet made? Do the Home Office issue a new date?