ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application for irish spouse..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship application for irish spouse..

Post by Shell90 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi guys

I am an irish citizen married to non eu spouse for 5 years . My spouse applied irish citizenship in August 2018 in july she got 2nd stage letter since no answer .. I have to move to england for 18 months it's a life time opportunity for me but my spouse will be living here as we have a house here and I will be visiting every weekend. my question is will it affect her citizenship application as I will be working there and paying taxex ?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship application for irish spouse..

Post by littlerr » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Did she apply based on 3 years marriage with an Irish National or 5 years standalone?
I wouldn’t worry too much if it’s a standard 5 year standalone application.
If it’s based on 3 years’ marriage, there is a chance that they may request for proof of living together at a later stage. Keep some bank statements handy and try to have some local transactions if possible (eg get a credit card, have your wife as an approved user for your credit card and ask her to do some grocery shoppings every week using your card). Also good to have some utility bills in your name as well as hers.

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shell90 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:23 pm

She applied on 3 years marriage to irish spouse .. we have joint account and Bill's togather .... I am only worried I will be paying tax there ...in case we dont hear anything back from citizenship department untill next may when she has to renew her visa they might refuse her ..

Thanks

ksk2019
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ksk2019 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Shell90 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:23 pm
She applied on 3 years marriage to irish spouse .. we have joint account and Bill's togather .... I am only worried I will be paying tax there ...in case we dont hear anything back from citizenship department untill next may when she has to renew her visa they might refuse her ..

Thanks
Did you sorted out the issue? What about the Tax paying there?

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shell90 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:20 pm

I talked to few solicitor they said ..shouldn't be any issue as we r married more than 3 years and citizenship is almost in the final stage ...