ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:41 am

jestew wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Hi,

I received my BRC this morning by DX courier after receiving the email that I had been granted settled-status.

Wishing you all the best. Many thanks for all the help and support I've received here.
Congratulations Jestew.
Got my COA the day before you got yours, hoping to get mine soon. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:30 pm

So today....

My Residence card (Settled status) arrived 🎉
Dated 22nd of November.
Took approximately 2 months. 😊

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Brilliant and congrats. Good to know they are making progress. The complaints did not go in vain.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:20 pm
Brilliant and congrats. Good to know they are making progress. The complaints did not go in vain.
Thank you.
I didn’t get any emails or post saying that my application has been approved, just came home to a small brown envelope! 🥳

Also I emailed them last week informing them that I need my settlement status as I will be renting a property soon (residence permit expiring in January). Not sure if that helps, maybe or maybe not.

Oh well.
Now time for citizenship application. Or maybe later. ☺️

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:18 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:14 pm
Obie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:20 pm
Thank you.
I didn’t get any emails or post saying that my application has been approved, just came home to a small brown envelope! 🥳

Also I emailed them last week informing them that I need my settlement status as I will be renting a property soon (residence permit expiring in January). Not sure if that helps, maybe or maybe not.

Oh well.
Now time for citizenship application. Or maybe later. ☺️
Congratulations! I hope my wife's comes soon. COA received 30 October – We both have holiday time to use from work that runs out and haven't been on holiday for three years now.

Seems like there is are big differences in the time scales of people getting their permits after applying 😭

proudflop1
Newly Registered

Post by proudflop1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 am

lifeandfate wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:03 pm
Does anyone know if we can re-enter the country while a Surinder Singh non-EEA paper process is being processed?

We have had our passports return by the HO but all of our supporting documents that proved we lived in Germany for years – they have (including my wife's German residency card).

Can we re-enter the country without those supporting documents and assert our Surinder Singh treaty rights?

Or are stuck here until they have sorted it out?

:(
I've got exactly the same question and literally nobody can answer it. I've even be told to call the airport border by the Home Office, who then said, "Why are people being told to call me! This is ridiculous." My only conclusion is that this is the hostile environment policy in action. How can zero representatives of the state actually confirm whether entrance is possible? Maddening.

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:20 am

proudflop1 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 am
lifeandfate wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:03 pm
Does anyone know if we can re-enter the country while a Surinder Singh non-EEA paper process is being processed?

We have had our passports return by the HO but all of our supporting documents that proved we lived in Germany for years – they have (including my wife's German residency card).

Can we re-enter the country without those supporting documents and assert our Surinder Singh treaty rights?

Or are stuck here until they have sorted it out?

:(
I've got exactly the same question and literally nobody can answer it. I've even be told to call the airport border by the Home Office, who then said, "Why are people being told to call me! This is ridiculous." My only conclusion is that this is the hostile environment policy in action. How can zero representatives of the state actually confirm whether entrance is possible? Maddening.
Since posting this I spoke to our immigration solicitor and we cannot :(.

She said (exact quote).
Unfortunately, your wife will not be able to travel until a decision is made on her application. If she does leave, her application will be considered to be withdrawn. Applications can take up to 6 months to be processed but hopefully it is decided faster than that.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:27 am

The lawyer is talking rubbish. An application under the Settled status scheme is not considered withdrawn if a person left the jurisdiction.

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:27 am
The lawyer is talking rubbish. An application under the Settled status scheme is not considered withdrawn if a person left the jurisdiction.
Now I don't know what to believe.

The problem is. The HO has all our supporting documents to assert our Surinder Singh rights (all our documents from Germany, EEA Family Permit etc).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:32 pm

Did you apply for a family permit before entering the UK? If you did, you could use it if still valid. You could also use German issued Residence card to return, and seek admission at port.

Nazar M
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nazar M » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:42 pm

ahmed1972 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:38 pm
ahmed1972 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:19 pm

hello dear
any updates because i recently applied just curious how long the process is and how it works.thanks
Ahmed bro did you apply from Ireland or from inside the UK.
Can I get your any contact no or email address please
bro i applied inside uk.leave your email i will contact you
Bro it's Nazar again I couldn't open my other account I created new one to contact you please contact me any of these email address removed by moderator
Or mobile number removed by moderator
Please soon

Nazar M
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nazar M » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:49 pm

mkhan2525 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 pm
I made an application for Pre-settled status for my wife. She currently holds an EEA residence card issued to her under the 2016 EEA Regulations.

Application received date: 30th October 2019
Biometrics: Not required
COA: Received on 8th November 2019 (Dated 4/11/19) with her passport
Decision: COA states it will be issued shortly

Will let the forum know when we get the decision.
Bro can you contact me please here is my email address email address removed by moderator
Ive to ask something very important thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Nazar M wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:42 pm
ahmed1972 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:38 pm
Ahmed bro did you apply from Ireland or from inside the UK.
Can I get your any contact no or email address please
bro i applied inside uk.leave your email i will contact you
Bro it's Nazar again I couldn't open my other account I created new one to contact you please contact me any of these email address removed by moderator
Or mobile number removed by moderator
Please soon
I strongly suggest both you and user ahmed1972 take some time and read the forum rules. You are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum. If you persist, your access will be terminated.

You were clearly told this already when you posted about contact information previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

A Canadian
Canada

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application

Post by A Canadian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi everyone, I am so happy to have found this forum! Trying to follow all the back posts but a bit confusing, so will ask and appreciate any advice I can get here:
I've been married for 15 years to a British national. We've been living in France all this time and we have 3 children, all born in France but also have British nationality, as well as Canadian.
I've been in the UK for just over 2 years on a spouse visa, need to review it in 2-3 months, but considering the Surinder Singh instead for pre-settled status.

Called the helpline and they said they'll send me the forms... but what happens if this application takes longer than 3 months, will I be staying here illegally or have to leave while the consider the Surinder Singh application? Will they take all my original documents in the mean time - Canadian passport, French residency permit? Sounds complicated but also sounds like I could qualify for this route as we seem to tick all the boxes... Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:55 pm

A Canadian wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:09 pm
Hi everyone, I am so happy to have found this forum! Trying to follow all the back posts but a bit confusing, so will ask and appreciate any advice I can get here:
I've been married for 15 years to a British national. We've been living in France all this time and we have 3 children, all born in France but also have British nationality, as well as Canadian.
I've been in the UK for just over 2 years on a spouse visa, need to review it in 2-3 months, but considering the Surinder Singh instead for pre-settled status.

Called the helpline and they said they'll send me the forms... but what happens if this application takes longer than 3 months, will I be staying here illegally or have to leave while the consider the Surinder Singh application? Will they take all my original documents in the mean time - Canadian passport, French residency permit? Sounds complicated but also sounds like I could qualify for this route as we seem to tick all the boxes... Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
I can answer your last question. You’ll send both the permit and passport with your application. You’ll get your passport back shortly after but they keep the permit. /from another Canadian married to a Brit.

Life And Fate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Life And Fate » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Did you apply for a family permit before entering the UK? If you did, you could use it if still valid. You could also use German issued Residence card to return, and seek admission at port.
Yes, my wife has a Section 10 EEA German residence permit that is still valid, however, the home office has it in their possession as they assess the claim. They sent back our passports – but not her residence permit. :(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Is your wife from a visa required country or her country is a visa exempt nation?

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:11 am

again
Not Residence Permit, but RESIDENCE CARD.
TWO DIFFERENCE CATEGORIES.

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:36 pm

birkeneve wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:55 pm
A Canadian wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:09 pm

I can answer your last question. You’ll send both the permit and passport with your application. You’ll get your passport back shortly after but they keep the permit. /from another Canadian married to a Brit.
Thanks so much birkeneve. Does that mean I can not travel (or rather, re-enter the UK) if they take my Residency card away, until they make a decision? If I have my passport I can obviously leave, but when re-entering can I then just pass through the biometric reading machines on my way back? Or would I need to wait several months until they make their decision..?

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:51 pm
Is your wife from a visa required country or her country is a visa exempt nation?
Visa waived for 90 days - Hong Kong, she is nationality – British National Overseas looks like a UK passport, but is Hong Kong for all intents and purposes.

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:10 pm

For reference.

Pre-settled status (we've only been living in the UK three years).
8 October: Call to request a paper form.
11 October: get the paper form
16 October: send the form with all the necessary evidence and documents including vignette German residency permit.
19 October: Receive back our passports and National ID (HK national id, sadly not the paper German document). With a biometrics form.
19 October: Submit biometrics immediately at the Post Office
30 October: Receive COA (letter sent 28 October).

It's only been 5 weeks but as we're coming up for Christmas – I'm not holding my breath!

Life And Fate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Life And Fate » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:32 pm
Yes, a long time before we moved here. I lived in Germany for nearly 10 years. We got married in 2015, got EEA family permit June 2015, moved to the United Kingdom October 2017.

A Canadian
Canada

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper forms - how long?

Post by A Canadian » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi, i've called 3 times to ask for the paper forms for the Surinder Singh application. They said they'll be posted to me but nothing happened so far - I've called 15, 10 and 5 days ago. How long does it normally take?

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:02 pm

It took three days for our paper form to come.

LiyanaLiyana
Newly Registered

Post by LiyanaLiyana » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi! What questions are asked on the paper form? Does it ask for travel history or immigration history? Please help me! Thank you!