ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University is refusing to issue CAS number

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mawi88

University is refusing to issue CAS number

Post by Mawi88 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Dear all,

I am an international student in the UK and i just finished my Masters degree (i am currently on Tier 4 visa and still in the UK) and i have applied for a different university to do my PhD. I recently got an offer from that university but they are refusing to issue me a CAS number because i only provided them with an official transcript of masters (showing that i have completed my course accompanied with a letter confirming my graduation) and they said that home office requires also the official degree certificate and the my transcript is not enough.

I have checked the UKVI Tier 4 policy and it states that i can submit either a degree certificate or a transcript (that confirms graduation).

I am really confused why the university is refusing to issue me a CAS. They said they can issue the CAS but under my own risk.....

Am i missing something here or the university is acting strangely?! Please can you advise on this.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: University is refusing to issue CAS number

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 am

Last month you had ILR after 5 years on Tier 2:

general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-settle ... l#p1836268

Can you clarify?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mawi88

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:16 am

Sorry about the confusion. Yes u r correct. I a
asking this on behalf my little brother. I hope this is not against the rules of this forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 am

Mawi88 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:16 am
asking this on behalf my little brother. I hope this is not against the rules of this forum.
It isn't, but useful to state you are asking on behalf of someone else as most members will check your previous posting history to understand your circumstances.

Even better, ask your little brother to register on the forum and ask their own questions and post their specific circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mawi88

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:56 am

Fair point.. i will ask him to do that.