ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional documents sent to the address for applications

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

___iva___
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Additional documents sent to the address for applications

Post by ___iva___ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird scenario here.

In September we were requested to provide additional documentation and police clearance records as a part of our citizenship application. We have sent partial documentation and we have requested an extension as initially given 28 days were not sufficient to obtain police clearance records from three different countries.

Unfortunately, I have mistakenly addressed that letter to the Processing team 2 - *employee name* at

Citizenship Applications (Adult)
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
PO Box 73
Tipperary Town
Ireland

instead of

Citizenship Division
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
Rosanna Road
Tipperary Town
Ireland
E34 N566

:oops: :(

They state if the required documentation is not received within the 28 days, it will be presumed that we are no longer interested in proceeding with our application and the application may be deemed abandoned.

I realised that only today when I was to mail them police clearance records.

I am now wondering if anyone had similar experience and if there is still hope for us? :| I e-mailed them and will call them tomorrow morning.

Many thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Additional documents sent to the address for applications

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 pm

These two are the same address. You shouldn't have anything to worry about, but give them a call and just directly ask them whether they have received all documents. Don't say that you might have sent it to the wrong person etc.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm

I’ve never experienced that but wouldn’t worry littlerr mentioned.. I’d actually give them a call and sheepishly ask if they’ve received the docs. :P

Apologies Iva. I don’t mean to side-track or deviate from your query..
You mentioned police clearance certificates- did you move away from Ireland for a bit?
Some are asked for them and some aren’t.. just wondering why and am wondering if they do so when someone spends a couple of months out of Ireland.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:13 pm

I never left Ireland but still they asked me Police clearance certificate from my previous country and I submitted it within 2 weeks.
Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm
You mentioned police clearance certificates- did you move away from Ireland for a bit?
Some are asked for them and some aren’t.. just wondering why and am wondering if they do so when someone spends a couple of months out of Ireland.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Generally they send you a letter confirming receipt of documents. Did you not sent it by registered post. You can trace the delivery that way

___iva___
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by ___iva___ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:12 am

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:10 pm
Generally they send you a letter confirming receipt of documents. Did you not sent it by registered post. You can trace the delivery that way
I did sent it by registered post - It was signed and received on Oct 9th at TIPPERARY D.S.U.
CO TIPPERARY and there is a person's name who signed and collected the post. But that's unfortunately the post box they use to receive applications so I'm afraid my post could have ended up somewhere at the bottom of the pile. I never received any confirmation. :(
Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm
Apologies Iva. I don’t mean to side-track or deviate from your query..
I lived in Ireland during the past 6 years without the interupption but prior to that I lived in three other countries so I had to provide three different police clearance certificates. I wish that was an application requirement so that I did it in the beginning as it was really time consuming in my case.
littlerr wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 pm
These two are the same address. You shouldn't have anything to worry about, but give them a call and just directly ask them whether they have received all documents. Don't say that you might have sent it to the wrong person etc.
I keep on calling them right now as the lines should be open between 10AM - 12:30PM but with no luck.

I'll keep you posted with what has happened. :mrgreen: I hope I won't have to re-do the whole application all over again.

___iva___
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by ___iva___ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:53 pm

No luck today. :(

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:57 pm

I did sent it by registered post - It was signed and received on Oct 9th at TIPPERARY D.S.U.
CO TIPPERARY and there is a person's name who signed and collected the post. But that's unfortunately the post box they use to receive applications so I'm afraid my post could have ended up somewhere at the bottom of the pile. I never received any confirmation. :(

Atleast you have the confirmation of receipt . Take the printout and keep it safe. Email them asking for the confirmation of receipt

southcal
Newly Registered

Post by southcal » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:47 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Generally they send you a letter confirming receipt of documents.
I had to send additional documents too and never received any confirmation letter. Few months later I got the second stage letter.

So I would say not to worry too much about this.

___iva___
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by ___iva___ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:34 am

southcal wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:47 pm
nojoyfrominis wrote:
Generally they send you a letter confirming receipt of documents.
I had to send additional documents too and never received any confirmation letter. Few months later I got the second stage letter.

So I would say not to worry too much about this.
Thank you all, let’s see now once they respond what has happened. :)

___iva___
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by ___iva___ » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 pm

I haven't had any luck getting them on the phone or via the e-mail so we just sent them a letter with the Police Clearance records and we are hoping for the best. :mrgreen:

___iva___
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by ___iva___ » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:09 pm

They just replied today afternoon - our applications are still being processed - everything is OK.

Thanks to all of you here who helped me to keep calm :D

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:19 am

I applied at about same time as you (end of March 2019). I received a request for PSNI check in August, sent it to the same address you did at the end of August and in 2 months received an acknowledgement letter stating they have received my correspondence.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Is there anybody know how to apply for Germany police clearance cert. and what documents required from abroad non eu living in Ireland and how long it takes to get. Please share any experience in this regard.