ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - OVER 6 MONTHS WAIT and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MyRights
Newly Registered

EU settlement - Non EU family member - OVER 6 MONTHS WAIT and decision time

Post by MyRights » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 am

The EU settlement processing time ranges from a few days to months. No one knows the exact reason why some people get it easily and others don't. Non EU family member tends to be affected by the long wait. Please if you have waited for over 6 months, share your story her so we can support each other. I have been waiting for over 7 months and the resolution center did explained to me why mine was so.

MY TIMELINE
I applied on the 30th of March 2019 and got the bio-metric done same day. On the 5th of April, i received COA

The home office contacted me in May for more info regarding my partner which i uploaded but didn't have a copy of her valid ID as we've been separated for a few years. i think i made a mistake to inform the home office that we've initiated divorce because they call back to requested for decree absolute which i told them i haven't got since divorce was not finalized.

in June the caseworker called again to request for the decree absolute and i told them its not finalized yet. I was told to upload it immediately i received it.

July the case worker called back to request same but told them it wasn't ready and by this time, my ex has signed and i received decree nisi which i told them but they said they needed decree absolute.

August ending i received decree absolute and uploaded it immediately and since then, i have not received any update. I call them literally every week and they kept saying am at the last stage keep your eyes on your email.

I called again yesterday and the resolution center told me everything is okey no recorded issue with my application caseworker will be in touch soon. He said they have now escalated my case i have no idea what that means. Will that prioritize or speed it up??? I am waiting to see what effect this has on the whole thing.

Please share yours down below. We shall overcome the mental torture. Good luck guys.