ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mystics12345
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mystics12345 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 am

Shoman1212 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:27 pm
Mystics12345 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:49 pm
Shoman1212 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 pm
Hello everyone,
I made my application biometrics 7th of June 2019 In Rome and received email confirmation 18th of June. Received not straightforward email that application we be processed in 60 working days.
Today is 18th of November 2019 and I have escalated for the fourth time now, I've made payment calls, sent several emails is just the same "AWAITING DECISION". Really need my passport to travel. It's been 5 months now :cry:
Any advice that could help? I don't know if I should cancel or wait for the sixth month which will be December 2019 and see what will happen?
Why is it taking this long?
Any help? :oops:
Hi Shoman1212, 5 months and no return of passport! Did you ask to escale the issue?
Did you ask them what is the maximum waiting time?
Also,was your application was refused previously at all?

I am also in a similar situation, although I did not apply from Rome. I am also really frustrated about how long this process takes just to get a entry visa of 6months - you have to wait and apply 6 months earlier??! The system is a joke!
How long have you been waiting?
3+ months now.
The most frustrating thing is I have already made arrangements to terminate all my contracts (house, job, car sold, schools for children cancelled) only to realise now that this thing can take ages. Is there no way we can quicken this issue?!

Shoman1212
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Shoman1212 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Mystics12345 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 am
Shoman1212 wrote:
Mystics12345 wrote:
Shoman1212 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 pm
Hello everyone,
I made my application biometrics 7th of June 2019 In Rome and received email confirmation 18th of June. Received not straightforward email that application we be processed in 60 working days.
Today is 18th of November 2019 and I have escalated for the fourth time now, I've made payment calls, sent several emails is just the same "AWAITING DECISION". Really need my passport to travel. It's been 5 months now :cry:
Any advice that could help? I don't know if I should cancel or wait for the sixth month which will be December 2019 and see what will happen?
Why is it taking this long?
Any help? :oops:
Hi Shoman1212, 5 months and no return of passport! Did you ask to escale the issue?

I am also in a similar situation, although I did not apply from Rome. I am also really frustrated about how long this process takes just to get a entry visa of 6months - you have to wait and apply 6 months earlier??! The system is a joke!
3+ months now.
The most frustrating thing is I have already made arrangements to terminate all my contracts (house, job, car sold, schools for children cancelled) only to realise now that this thing can take ages. Is there no way we can quicken this issue?!
That's really Frustrating and bad, i sent an email of COMPLAINTS... Hope to receive something tangible, will let you know soon. apart from that, i have got no idea what to do at the moment.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:27 am

Shoman1212 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm
Mystics12345 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 am
Shoman1212 wrote:
Mystics12345 wrote:

3+ months now.
That's really Frustrating and bad, i sent an email of COMPLAINTS... Hope to receive something tangible, will let you know soon. apart from that, i have got no idea what to do at the moment.
Hi Shoman,

Where did you send your complaint? I tried sending a complaint but I received this message.

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry, I am sorry that you wish to make a complaint about the service that you have received.
Unfortunately, we are not able to process your complaint through this mailbox. If the complaint is about the service overseas you must clearly state who the service provider is, for example is it VFS, Tele performance or UKVI. "

Deemanie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Deemanie » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Please, would pictures and evidence of relationship eg Marriage cert be enough? Please advise. Does it matter if we just recently got married?

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 pm

Update:

TLSContact allowed me to get my passport back without the need to withdraw/cancel my application. The receptionist told me to just return it after I finished using it.

Also, my application was sent to Sheffield inicially and just today I receive an email from Liverpool.

"Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your EEA Family Permit Application – We apologise for the delay in our response. I have passed on your concerns to the relevant team, and you should expect a decision within 10 working days."

Is this normal from Sheffield to Liverpool?

Olesia
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Olesia » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Hello, guys!
Want to share with you my case. I am so frustrated 😣 I have applied 19th of June for my first FP, before I had two tourist visas. 3 rd of July I received email that your visa application has been received and is under consideration. I waited 60 working days and no one contacted with me. Then in September was my first escalation, in October second and the last one 26th of November. For all my questions they have only one answer: "Thank you for the information you have provided. We escalated your case to the relevant department". I wanted to call, but I read that they provide the same information like by email. Any advice, or email for complain?

Kingsleynj
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kingsleynj » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:14 pm

Olesia wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:47 pm
Hello, guys!
Want to share with you my case. I am so frustrated 😣 I have applied 19th of June for my first FP, before I had two tourist visas. 3 rd of July I received email that your visa application has been received and is under consideration. I waited 60 working days and no one contacted with me. Then in September was my first escalation, in October second and the last one 26th of November. For all my questions they have only one answer: "Thank you for the information you have provided. We escalated your case to the relevant department". I wanted to call, but I read that they provide the same information like by email. Any advice, or email for complain?
Not just u..mine has been since 22nd May and I'm still waiting..it has just been from one escalation to another

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:20 am

Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
It is true , they provide the same response. I even tried calling them myself from here in Spain and also I asked my mom to call them from London and they either just escalate it or say that the application is still awaiting decision, better to just email them.

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:10 pm

Kingsleynj wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:14 pm
Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
Not just u..mine has been since 22nd May and I'm still waiting..it has just been from one escalation to another
Since 22nd May? Why don’t you just withdraw and reapply? 6+ months. What exactly are they waiting for

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:21 pm

I submitted my biometrics 24/09. And got a not straightforward mail about 2 weeks after submission.
Today is the 48th working day.
I applied with my sister, (who also got a not straightforward mail), and she’s already had her passport stamped & delivered(3 weeks ago). I’m still waiting for mine.
By 60 working days I’d withdraw and reapply with a cover letter of how urgent I need it to travel.
I genuinely think, they stash some of the passports elsewhere and forget about it because how long does a background check take, in this modern day? 🤔

Mystics12345
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Mystics12345 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 pm
Update:

TLSContact allowed me to get my passport back without the need to withdraw/cancel my application. The receptionist told me to just return it after I finished using it.

Also, my application was sent to Sheffield inicially and just today I receive an email from Liverpool.

"Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your EEA Family Permit Application – We apologise for the delay in our response. I have passed on your concerns to the relevant team, and you should expect a decision within 10 working days."

Hello Hola_,
Which email address did you use for filing the complaint?
Did you have to contact TLSContact directly (and separately) to ask for the return of your passport?

My situation is pretty bad: By december I will most likely not have a roof over my head, and I am not alone by myself - I have other mouths to feed. Resigned from my job, so now have to live on whatever savings I have until when the visa decision gets made. This really sucks. I wish there was something we could do. Any one have any ideas what I could or should be doing?
Thanks.

Mystics12345
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Mystics12345 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
Hi Olesia,
Where are you applying from? And is the Sheffield visa section that's got your application?

Thanks!

Mystics12345
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Mystics12345 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Zemyrk wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:10 pm
Kingsleynj wrote:
Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
Since 22nd May? Why don’t you just withdraw and reapply? 6+ months. What exactly are they waiting for
Hi Zemyrk,
How can we withdraw? I would very much like to withdraw the application and submit a fresh one.

Thanks!

Kingsleynj
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kingsleynj » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Mystics12345 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 pm
Zemyrk wrote:
Kingsleynj wrote:
Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
Hi Zemyrk,
How can we withdraw? I would very much like to withdraw the application and submit a fresh one.

Thanks!
Hello zemyrk,
It's been a long wait.on the 14th of October the case worker contacted me requesting for dna documentation,recent dependency and recent proof that my sponsor is still in the uk,exercising his treaty rights.and i was given a deadline of 28th October to respond,if no respond from me, a decision will be taken based on the documents helded. which I scanned the documents on the 17th of October..i called last week friday and was told my application is still awaiting a decision.its really frustrating been waiting for 137WD

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Mystics12345 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:12 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 pm
Update:

Hello Hola_,
Which email address did you use for filing the complaint?
Did you have to contact TLSContact directly (and separately) to ask for the return of your passport?

My situation is pretty bad: By december I will most likely not have a roof over my head, and I am not alone by myself - I have other mouths to feed. Resigned from my job, so now have to live on whatever savings I have until when the visa decision gets made. This really sucks. I wish there was something we could do. Any one have any ideas what I could or should be doing?
Thanks.
Hello,

Yes I contactacted TLSContact to return my passport because I need to renew my residence card and they said my application will not be cancelled. Good thing, I live near their office here in Madrid so they told me to just return the passport at any working day.

I sent a complaint in complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk . I just received a response regarding my complaint today. Honestly, I am not satisfied with their response. 😑

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Zemyrk wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:21 pm
I submitted my biometrics 24/09. And got a not straightforward mail about 2 weeks after submission.
I applied with my sister, (who also got a not straightforward mail), and she’s already had her passport stamped & delivered(3 weeks ago). I’m still waiting for mine.
By 60 working days I’d withdraw and reapply with a cover letter of how urgent I need it to travel.
I genuinely think, they stash some of the passports elsewhere and forget about it because how long does a background check take, in this modern day? 🤔
Hi Zemyrk

I just want to ask how many working days it took before your sister received her FP? I also got a " not straight forward " email and I am already waiting for more than 60+ WD, I don't know if I should just pull out my application or wait?

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Mystics12345 wrote:
Zemyrk wrote:
Kingsleynj wrote:
Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
Hi Zemyrk,

Thanks!
Hey M, I think you can withdraw with the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Kingsleynj wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:53 pm
Mystics12345 wrote:
Zemyrk wrote:
Kingsleynj wrote:

Hi Zemyrk,

Thanks!
Hello zemyrk,
It's been a long wait.on the 14th of October the case worker contacted me requesting for dna documentation,recent dependency and recent proof that my sponsor is still in the uk,exercising his treaty rights.and i was given a deadline of 28th October to respond,if no respond from me, a decision will be taken based on the documents helded. which I scanned the documents on the 17th of October..i called last week friday and was told my application is still awaiting a decision.its really frustrating been waiting for 137WD
I’m wondering why they waited 137 working days to contact you to submit further documentations. Honestly, this process can be really frustrating at times. Why make someone wait all this while? There’s no transparency.

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:27 pm
Zemyrk wrote:
Hi Zemyrk

I just want to ask how many working days it took before your sister received her FP? I also got a " not straight forward " email and I am already waiting for more than 60+ WD, I don't know if I should just pull out my application or wait?

Hey Hola, it took them 33 working days to submit my sister’s passport. I thought mine will be submitted by now as well, since we have practically the same application & documentation but it hasn’t come and I’m still waiting.
I really don’t want to wait for more than 60 working days.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Zemyrk wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Zemyrk wrote:
Hi Zemyrk

Hey Hola, it took them 33 working days to submit my sister’s passport. I thought mine will be submitted by now as well, since we have practically the same application & documentation but it hasn’t come and I’m still waiting.

Did you include a cover letter? I did not know that there is a need for that , so is that the reason for the "not straightforward" email?

Abdalla
Newly Registered

Post by Abdalla » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Hey guys please help me 🙏
I got this : your application almost done we will send you another message to collect your passport.

What that means?

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:57 am

Hola_ wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:10 pm
Zemyrk wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Zemyrk wrote:
Hi Zemyrk

Did you include a cover letter? I did not know that there is a need for that , so is that the reason for the "not straightforward" email?
I think adding a cover letter explaining your circumstances and how urgent you need your passport, speeds up the process.
I really have no idea why they send the ‘not straightforward’ mail. I don’t know why it should take 3+ months to decide a non-settlement visa.

Olesia
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Olesia » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:46 am

Mystics12345 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm
Olesia wrote:
Hello, guys!
Hi Olesia,
Where are you applying from? And is the Sheffield visa section that's got your application?

Thanks!

Hi, Mystics12345!
I have applied from Kyiv, Ukraine. I don't know what section got my application.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 am

Kingsleynj wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:53 pm
Mystics12345 wrote:
Zemyrk wrote:
Kingsleynj wrote:

Hi Zemyrk,

Thanks!
Hello zemyrk,
Hi Kingsleynj

I just want to ask if the case worker contacted you regarding the additional documents thru phone or email?

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 am

Guys did you receive an email from "Liverpool International ECM Team" too? Eventhough my application was inicially sent to Sheffield.....

"Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your EEA Family Permit Application – We apologise for the delay in our response. I have passed on your concerns to the relevant team, and you should expect a decision within 10 working days
."