ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

dimiku
Albania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by dimiku » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Misfits wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:02 pm
dimiku wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 am

hi all
It has now been 7 months since I have applied.
Is there anybody else that has been waiting longer than 6 months?
I have spoken to a lawyer and they suggested that I might be able to go for a Judicial Review proceedings since it has been taking so long for my case to be processed.
Is anybody on here who has been waiting for longer than 6 months?
Has anybody spoken to their lawyers regards to expediting their cases?

Please let me know , this waiting game is causing me a lot of stress :( :( :x :x
Hi Dimiku,

Wow sorry to hear you are waiting that long , 7 months is ridiculous! It should not take more than 6 months.
Please what is your background case and have you received COA yet ?
Hi Misfits
My case is a bit complicated as below;

here is my timeline and history

Asylym seeker : 1997
Refused asylum: 1999 overstayed
Meet EU national: 2005
EEA Residence Stamp: 2011 - 2016
Separated from EU national: 2016
FLR parent(5 Year): 2016 - 19/05/2019
EU ex partner and EU kids settled status confirmed: March - April 2019
Did not extend the FLR parent(5 Year) after first 2.5 years
Eu Settlement Scheme : 24/04/ 2019 (linked to ex partner) Kids certificates as evidence
COA: 14/06/2019
November; added more evidence without being asked
Many calls and emails!!!
EU Settled Status: .....waiting for 7
months

Kmoney1

Post by Kmoney1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Are u fully divorce at time of application

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Kmoney1 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:38 pm
Are u fully divorce at time of application
@Kmoney
Never married, just durable relationship with two kids

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi dimiku...

I understand your frustration as I am in same boat waiting for more than 6 months.. I think its good idea to go for judicial review.. They usually responds to the PAP letter and resolves the issues (seen in other immigration cases not in settlement scheme).. I am also intending to send them the Pre action protocol...i will be contacting first their complaint department one more time and see what they say...after making so many queries resolution centre sent me a letter... I am trying to copy it here but for some. Reasons it says forbidden.. I will try to upload the screen shot if there is any option for that... I think on this forum it's only you and me waiting over 6 months...hope something comes for all of us soon..

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 pm

We are aware that you have contacted us on a number of occasions in the hope of progressing
your application and we thank you for your understanding at this time.
Processing times for applications submitted under the scheme may be increased due to a number
of factors including, but not limited to, the following:
• Impending prosecutions/ relevant criminal record
• Ascertaining the relationship between a non-EU citizen and their qualifying EU sponsor
• The requirement to provide additional evidence
• Mandatory background checks
• Previous immigration history
Please note that the above list is comprised of examples only and is not exhaustive.
The Home Office has to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether
or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent
and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the circumstances of
each particular application.
Please refer to Paragraph 1.13 of the UK government’s official document, the EU Settlement
Scheme Statement of Intent, for clarification of the three core criteria against which applications
will be assessed (identity, suitability/ criminality and eligibility):
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _data/file
/ 718237/EU_Settlement_Scheme_SOI_June_2018.pdf
In addition, for more information on how the Home Office uses and safeguards the personal data
submitted by applicants, in the processing of applications, please visit the following webpage:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settleme ... nformation
Having investigated your query, we can confirm that, so far, our enquiries have not been
completed in regard to your particular application. No case progression will be possible until all
required checks have been completed.
As soon as the Home Office is in a position to conclude your application, then you will be notified
of our decision with immediate effect.
All eligibility decisions are made by a fully qualified caseworker, who will evaluate all the relevant
evidence pertaining to your application. This means, however, that as you have been informed
previously, we are unable to provide timeframes for completion as each application is considered
on a case-by-case basis.
The processing times mentioned on the GOV.uk website are guidelines only and not service standards.
It is noted that you have raised your queries thus far via direct contact with the EU Settlement
Resolution Centre and that you have made several enquiries regarding the processing time of
your application. We have concluded our investigations, responded and are now unable to advise
further.

Should you, having considered the information outlined above, wish to make alternative
representations, then these should be done in writing and then directed to the following address:

UKVI Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 pm
We are aware that you have contacted us on a number of occasions in the hope of progressing
Processing times for applications submitted under the scheme may be increased due to a number
• Ascertaining the relationship between a non-EU citizen and their qualifying EU sponsor
Please note that the above list is comprised of examples only and is not exhaustive.
The Home Office has to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether
or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent
and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the circumstances of
Please refer to Paragraph 1.13 of the UK government’s official document, the EU Settlement
Scheme Statement of Intent, for clarification of the three core criteria against which applications
In addition, for more information on how the Home Office uses and safeguards the personal data
submitted by applicants, in the processing of applications, please visit the following webpage:
Having investigated your query, we can confirm that, so far, our enquiries have not been
completed in regard to your particular application. No case progression will be possible until all
As soon as the Home Office is in a position to conclude your application, then you will be notified
All eligibility decisions are made by a fully qualified caseworker, who will evaluate all the relevant
evidence pertaining to your application. This means, however, that as you have been informed
previously, we are unable to provide timeframes for completion as each application is considered
on a case-by-case basis.
The processing times mentioned on the GOV.uk website are guidelines only and not service standards.
It is noted that you have raised your queries thus far via direct contact with the EU Settlement
Resolution Centre and that you have made several enquiries regarding the processing time of
your application. We have concluded our investigations, responded and are now unable to advise
further.

Should you, having considered the information outlined above, wish to make alternative
representations, then these should be done in writing and then directed to the following address:

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
Mnmnmnmmnmm! It is well

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:33 am

Ehs763 wrote:
on a case-by-case basis.
further.

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

[do you ave any criminal records as well? Have you married to your eu sponsor or a cilivil partnership?

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:20 am

Hi Thiva..
No I don't have any criminal records.we were married for more than 6 years now we are divorced.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
on a case-by-case basis.
further.

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

wow, they seem to be saying that you should definitively not contact them again regarding your case because they are probably fed up and do not care anymore!!! :shock: :x

I have not got this reply yet but I believe it will come to me soon enough!

It is true that they do not have service standards for EU SS yet 6, 7 months does seem an unreasonably long time for these cases to be processed.

I intend to call them again next week and request an update on my case.
If they do not provide an update, I will write to their complaint department and see what happens.
I am not entirely sure how to go on about it but hopefully someone here could give me some pointers?

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 pm
Hi dimiku...

I understand your frustration as I am in same boat waiting for more than 6 months.. I think its good idea to go for judicial review.. They usually responds to the PAP letter and resolves the issues (seen in other immigration cases not in settlement scheme).. I am also intending to send them the Pre action protocol...i will be contacting first their complaint department one more time and see what they say...after making so many queries resolution centre sent me a letter... I am trying to copy it here but for some. Reasons it says forbidden.. I will try to upload the screen shot if there is any option for that... I think on this forum it's only you and me waiting over 6 months...hope something comes for all of us soon..
@ Ehs763
I think it is only you and I who have been waiting longer than 6 months.
Regarding the Judicial Review, the lawyer I spoke to advised me that since EU SS is still new, he is not sure if any lawyers will take my case up!!

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 pm

dimiku wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm
Ehs763 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 pm
Hi dimiku...

@ Ehs763
I think it is only you and I who have been waiting longer than 6 months.
Regarding the Judicial Review, the lawyer I spoke to advised me that since EU Surinder Singh route is still new, he is not sure if any lawyers will take my case up!!
Sorry correction here, I meant EU settlement scheme not surinder Singh ( autocorrect 😫😫)

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Obee786 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:14 pm

T-slimmzy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Hello all,
Here is my timeline
Applied 22nd of October
Biometrics 1st of November
COA 7th of October
Pre-settled status granted 15th of November.
Waiting for BRC
Few things to mention , i was previously on Tier 4 student Visa with marriage certificate dated 26th September, 2019.
Goodluck to all those still waiting for their outcome
Hi after coa do HO ask for more information?
Also with brc are people okay to travel without their spouse ?
Also what if eu spouse is not in uk at the time you travel on your own ?

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi dimiku.. Yes they were fed up with me because I started emailing them very often so they might excalate my case but no luck with... I was reading on another forum (Facebook group) that in some cases they can take as long as 8 months(he meant to say that it will be than 6 working months) he excluded the weekends... Not sure how true is that... As I have seen many people on this forum getting their status email even on weekends.... Just waiting game let's wait and watch...

SuperH
Newly Registered

Post by SuperH » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 pm
Hi dimiku.. Yes they were fed up with me because I started emailing them very often so they might excalate my case but no luck with... I was reading on another forum (Facebook group) that in some cases they can take as long as 8 months(he meant to say that it will be than 6 working months) he excluded the weekends... Not sure how true is that... As I have seen many people on this forum getting their status email even on weekends.... Just waiting game let's wait and watch...
Hi guys after waiting for more than 7 months for my Settled status application the home office sent me an email to attend an interview. is that normal ?? thx

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adnane2015 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:04 am

SuperH wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm
Ehs763 wrote:
Hi guys after waiting for more than 7 months for my Settled status application the home office sent me an email to attend an interview. is that normal ?? thx
have you had before an interview for eea application ?

SuperH
Newly Registered

Post by SuperH » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:07 am

Adnane2015 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:04 am
SuperH wrote:
Ehs763 wrote:
No I never had that.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:42 am

SuperH wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:07 am
Adnane2015 wrote:
SuperH wrote:
Ehs763 wrote:
No I never had that.
Good luck is it on skype?

SuperH
Newly Registered

Post by SuperH » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:50 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:42 am
SuperH wrote:
Adnane2015 wrote:
SuperH wrote:

No I never had that.
Yes its on skype. do you have any idea about it. thanks.

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adnane2015 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:53 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
SuperH wrote:
Adnane2015 wrote:
SuperH wrote:

No I never had that.

can you share the Email wording on it ?
is your partner invited as well ?
wish you good luck ! just be prepared and you should be fine, I guess like any other HO interview

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:27 am

Adnane2015 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:53 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
SuperH wrote:
Adnane2015 wrote:

No I never had that.

can you share the Email wording on it ?
is your partner invited as well ?
wish you good luck ! just be prepared and you should be fine, I guess like any other HO interview
Hi,
It'll be interesting to see the wording of the email for sure.
It'll be great if you could share.
I have been waiting for 7 months for the decision myself so the interview might come my way also.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:23 am

SuperH wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:50 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
SuperH wrote:
Adnane2015 wrote:

No I never had that.
Yes its on skype. do you have any idea about it. thanks.
Nop i have read in guidance notes somewhere that case worker can arrange vedio conference via skype. Dont worry too much u will b fine.

mknawaz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mknawaz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:00 pm

My timeline is as following

Applied online as a dependant on my father
Biometrics: 4th of october
COA:26th of November
Decison: one hour later 26th of November
pre-settled status granted
waiting for BRP
best of luck to all of you. I completely understand how frustrating it is to waiting in the dark but don't lose faith as my EEA family permit was rejected 3 times and EU settlement application rejected once but I knew it'll work out in the end.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:47 pm

@Mknawaz

Congrats

Can you please mention the reason of refusal of your EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME?

As you mention it was refused once.

Congrats again
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:07 pm

mknawaz wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:00 pm
My timeline is as following

Applied online as a dependant on my father
Biometrics: 4th of october
COA:26th of November
Decison: one hour later 26th of November
pre-settled status granted
waiting for BRP
best of luck to all of you. I completely understand how frustrating it is to waiting in the dark but don't lose faith as my EEA family permit was rejected 3 times and EU settlement application rejected once but I knew it'll work out in the end.
Wow, congratulations
Are you able to share your back story. please.
I am waiting for 7 months for the decision on EU Settled status scheme.

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi SuperH

Wow that's interesting that they invited you for interview...can you please share with us your Case background a bit and if possible the email wording... Im thinking it could be only case worker wants to know more about your case may be in details if some things were not quite clear for him.... Please keep us updated regarding your interview... All the prayers and good wishes for that.. I hope you get your status soon.. Good luck x