ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu settlement scheme for girlfriends daughter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kurganwarriorspirits
Newly Registered
Mood:

Eu settlement scheme for girlfriends daughter

Post by Kurganwarriorspirits » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this forum but I have found it extremely helpful in the past.

I have a bit of an odd situation and I’m hoping that someone here can shed some light/offer some advice.

My girlfriend and her 10 year old daughter are from Brazil living in the UK. The daughter has an EEA family visa which she applied for with my girlfriends ex boyfriend who is an EU national, it expires in 2023.
My girlfriends visa has expired and she will be in Brazil until we can marry and apply for a spouse visa next year. During this time her daughter will be staying with family so that she can continue to study in the uk.

She has passport, biometric, family residence card, birth certificate etc

My question is about sponsors for the EU settlement scheme? My partners daughters visa was applied for through her ex boyfriend (they are not on great terms) does it need to be him who is the sponsor? If so how can one prove said relationship?

Could I be the sponsor? Or would that be more problematic? Can one of her family members be the sponsor? I’m unsure if they have indefinite leave to remain.

I hope this makes sense, I’ve never had to deal with these things before.

Many many thanks for any responses, really at a loss with this,

Kindest regards,

T

Kurganwarriorspirits
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Eu settlement scheme for girlfriends daughter

Post by Kurganwarriorspirits » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Also, apologies if this is in the wrong section 😩

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Eu settlement scheme for girlfriends daughter

Post by Richard W » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:28 pm

My interpretation of what you say is that your girlfriend's daughter was issued with a British EEA residence card because she was the child of the durable partner of an EU citizen.

When you girlfriend ceased to be the durable partner, both she and her daughter lost the right to be in the UK. A residence card does not grant permission to be in the UK for its period of validity - facts take immediate precedence. Matters would be slightly different if she had pre-settlement - she would be covered until such 'visa' was curtailed.

Now, if the daughter were the child of her EU sponsor, then she could have residence rights as his descendant, but from what you say, I don't think she is. Where is her father?