ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form S3 Application form: Reason why the applicant has been stateless

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jsan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Form S3 Application form: Reason why the applicant has been stateless

Post by Jsan » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi there,

I am seeking an advice for my friend who is now making an application for his son to register him to become a british citizen under stateless person (form s3) route.

He just want to know what information to provide as an answer for a question which is there on the application form. The question is, ' Please explain the reason why the applicant has been stateless from birth:' ?

The family is from India the parents are now on LTR visa. The is boy is born in UK and have not travelled outside UK and he is now 5 year old. He did not register as Indian citizen hence he is stateless.

Can you kindly advice what should mention as an answer to the above question?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Form S3 Application form: Reason why the applicant has been stateless

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:38 am

A child is entitled to register as a British citizen after five years’ residence in the UK on the basis that they are stateless, independently of whether or not they could register to become a national of another country. A better approach could be to register the child with the Indian authorities and then apply using MN1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Plotoder
India

Post by Plotoder » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:58 am

IIRC you can only register within one year of birth to qualify as Indian citizen by descent.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:20 am

Jsan wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:33 pm
He just want to know what information to provide as an answer for a question which is there on the application form. The question is, ' Please explain the reason why the applicant has been stateless from birth:' ?
State the truth.

The law of the country of his parents does not make the child a citizen by descent automatically and neither does the law of the country of the child's birth (the UK).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Jsan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jsan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks your reply