ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

dimiku
Albania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by dimiku » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:11 pm

hi all
I have just got an email from the Resolution Centre acknowledging that the time it has taken for tmy application is very long (7 months)
They have suggested since I am separated from EU citizen and do not have a residence card under EU rules I could apply under primary carer (Chen Route).
This has to be done on a paper application which I must request from the Resolution centre.
Is there anybody her who has applied under this rule who could me some advise?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:30 pm

What is the Nationality of the children?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Misfits
Newly Registered

Post by Misfits » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm

dimiku wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:11 pm
hi all
I have just got an email from the Resolution Centre acknowledging that the time it has taken for tmy application is very long (7 months)
They have suggested since I am separated from EU citizen and do not have a residence card under EU rules I could apply under primary carer (Chen Route).
This has to be done on a paper application which I must request from the Resolution centre.

Hi Dimiku ,
I think it’s the same as Zambrano carer rights ,
Were you married to your partner ? And what nationality are the kids ?

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:30 pm
What is the Nationality of the children?
Hi
Both children are Hungarian and both have settled status

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Misfits wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm
dimiku wrote:
hi all

Hi Dimiku ,
I think it’s the same as Zambrano carer rights ,
Were you married to your partner ? And what nationality are the kids ?
I believe it is similar to Zambrano but I am not sure.
I was never married to EU national just durable relationship and had an eea visa from 2011 to 2016.
I separated before 5 years were up and changed the visa to FLR (FM) parent route.
The kids and ex partner are Hungarian

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Are the kids up to 5 years old yet?

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:24 pm
Are the kids up to 5 years old yet?
Hey Obie
Kids are 8 and 10.
I am separated and do not live with them but have acces rights agreed with mother.
My last visa was under FLR (FP) for 2.5 years and then I applied for EU Settled status thinking I was entitled.

Kmoney1

Post by Kmoney1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Your situation is complex dimiku

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:57 pm

dimiku wrote:
hi all
Wow.. After 7 months instead of concluding your application and they are coming up with the suggestions... If there is option for you to apply while other application is already in process than I think it's good to go through that route... Did they send you email in respond to your query? Or it was a random email?

Even if you apply through that route I think in that case you need to prove your relationship to kids and that they are studying here... That's my opinion.. Hope you will get some better advice from anyone who had similar case..

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:30 am

Kmoney1 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 pm
Your situation is complex dimiku
Money.
Yep situatioN is complex for sure

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am

post_id=1853458 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:57 pm
dimiku wrote:
hi all
Wow.. After 7 months instead of concluding your application and they are coming up with the suggestions... If there is option for you to apply while other application is already in process than I think it's good to go through that route... Did they send you email in respond to your query? Or it was a random email?

Even if you apply through that route I think in that case you need to prove your relationship to kids and that they are studying here... That's my opinion.. Hope you will get some better advice from anyone who had similar case..
Yes it is unfair they have kept me waiting for so long.
They said that it is likely that I am not entitled to settle status since I am separated from EU partner and do not have a leave under that route.
They suggested this Chen route since I have EU kids .
This is how I understand it !!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm

dimiku wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am
post_id=1853458 wrote:
dimiku wrote:
hi all

They said that it is likely that I am not entitled to settle status since I am separated from EU partner and do not have a leave under that route.
You may still qualify under Chen or Ibrahim, but you may need to provide evidence from the mother of your contribution in the life of the child.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm
dimiku wrote:
post_id=1853458 wrote:
dimiku wrote:
hi all

You may still qualify under Chen or Ibrahim, but you may need to provide evidence from the mother of your contribution in the life of the child.
Hey Obie
I can get the mother to write a letter that I have contact with kids and contribute to their life.
Is this route trickier than FLR (FP)?

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 pm

What about the form for this route,
Is it unique to the Particular case or is it the normal derivative rights form

MyRights
Newly Registered

Post by MyRights » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 pm

Obie wrote:
dimiku wrote:
post_id=1853458 wrote:
dimiku wrote:
hi all

dimiku sorry to hear your trouble. I thinks its a good thing you now know what to do rather than keep you waiting with no word. Many of us have been waiting with no word all we hear is everything is okey keep your eyes on your email.

Were you ever married to your partner?

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Kamote0926 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 am
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 am
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm

@K, I received it on the 4th of October. 6 weeks after Biometrics.

Hi, I recieved mine 30th of Sept. In the COA its says " you will recieved a decision shortly" but the question is how long is that "shortly" a weeks a month or a year? 😂😂😂 we dont know. Some people here they havent recieved anything even coa for more than 2-3 months. This is really frustrating
Hi K, any news? A friend of mind that I helped submit the application just got his yesterday, barely 3 weeks and am here still waiting. It's so funny but such is life. Dont really get it and why there is so much delay. I said I wont call the resolution centre but at this rate, I think I will call to give them a small notch in my direction. The wait is killing.
Hello my friend. Havent heard anything from the HO. Did your friend applied after you? I am planning to call the EU settlement resolution before the end of this month if I havent recieved the decision. Try to phone them, and please let us know what they advised regarding your application. I will post mine once I called them.
Hello K, it's been awhile. Any news from your end? I am still waiting. Called the resolution centre last week, the guy I spoke with said my file was with a case worker and that he/she was making some checks on the documents i submitted. That i should keep waiting or call back anytime I want for update. So the waiting game continues, it's been over 3months for date if application.

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:32 pm

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 am
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 am

Hi, I recieved mine 30th of Sept. In the COA its says " you will recieved a decision shortly" but the question is how long is that "shortly" a weeks a month or a year? 😂😂😂 we dont know. Some people here they havent recieved anything even coa for more than 2-3 months. This is really frustrating
Hi K, any news? A friend of mind that I helped submit the application just got his yesterday, barely 3 weeks and am here still waiting. It's so funny but such is life. Dont really get it and why there is so much delay. I said I wont call the resolution centre but at this rate, I think I will call to give them a small notch in my direction. The wait is killing.
Hello my friend. Havent heard anything from the HO. Did your friend applied after you? I am planning to call the EU settlement resolution before the end of this month if I havent recieved the decision. Try to phone them, and please let us know what they advised regarding your application. I will post mine once I called them.
Hello K, it's been awhile. Any news from your end? I am still waiting. Called the resolution centre last week, the guy I spoke with said my file was with a case worker and that he/she was making some checks on the documents i submitted. That i should keep waiting or call back anytime I want for update. So the waiting game continues, it's been over 3months for date if application.
* 3 months from date of application.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm

MyRights wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 pm
Obie wrote:
dimiku wrote:
post_id=1853458 wrote:

dimiku sorry to hear your trouble. I thinks its a good thing you now know what to do rather than keep you waiting with no word. Many of us have been waiting with no word all we hear is everything is okey keep your eyes on your email.

Were you ever married to your partner?
No
Never married just in durable relationship.

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adnane2015 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:37 pm

They took 6 months working on my case !! resolution centre have no updates only that it's with case worker !

j5ariel
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by j5ariel » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Application 4th of November
Biometrics 5th of November
COA 6th of November
Decision: Still waiting...

Some background, my wife is German and we married before the application, she has a pre-settled status and I gave her number on my application. When I applied I was on a Tier 2 Visa but I resigned my workplace sometime after so that's cancelled.

I hope this is not delaying my process, anyone with a similar experience?

Thank you!

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:11 pm

j5ariel wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm
Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

COA 6th of November

Some background, my wife is German and we married before the application, she has a pre-settled status and I gave her number on my application. When I applied I was on a Tier 2 Visa but I resigned my workplace sometime after so that's cancelled.

Thank you!
Yes. I think is logical to expect this would delay your process. If you don't have any UK issued visa as the family member of a EU Citizen (family permit, EA residence card, etc.) I would expect this would delay the settled status process as the case workers would have to be satisfied about your relationship, not a marriage of convenience, etc.

Konul_91
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Konul_91 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same situation, with my spouse being French citizen who has a settled status.

My timeline is:
Applied 26th of October
Biometrics 29th of October
COA 31st of October
Decision still waiting.

Magus1984 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:11 pm
j5ariel wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm
Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

COA 6th of November

Thank you!
Yes. I think is logical to expect this would delay your process. If you don't have any UK issued visa as the family member of a EU Citizen (family permit, EA residence card, etc.) I would expect this would delay the settled status process as the case workers would have to be satisfied about your relationship, not a marriage of convenience, etc.

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Konul_91 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi,

I have exactly the same situation, with my spouse being French citizen who has a settled status.

My timeline is:
Applied 26th of October
Biometrics 29th of October
COA 31st of October
Decision still waiting.
The guidance for processing times states on the Gov website:
Your application is likely to take longer to process if:
The applicant is a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship that they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office

This means that if you don't have a visa as a family member of a the EU citizen your case will take longer to process... it doesn't say how long more but I guess it depends on each case.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

Kmoney1

Post by Kmoney1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Why all this long waiting torture
From HQ and they say your case is straightforward

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 am

Kmoney1 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 pm
Why all this long waiting torture
From HQ and they say your case is straightforward
My only suggestion is that they are understaffed and didn't expected the inflow of applications they received. And, perhaps, this is a way to deter immigrants who are less resistant to all of it. :idea: