ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zakali92

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by zakali92 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 pm

JayHussain wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:47 pm
zakali92 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:47 pm
JayHussain wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:44 pm
zakali92 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 am

Hey congratulations. :-).
I think our dates were quite similar.
My partner was also granted her visa - I did update the Timelines.
Thanks.
Congratulations! Yes I vaguely remember! When did you get the decision? Will book tickets tonight Inshallah!
Hi thank you,
We got the visa pretty quickly to be honest, a lot quicker than expected. Check the Timeline Thread (Page 61) I have updated it with the full timeline of our Visa Process. I did not use a solicitor or anything & to be honest I was a bit surprised they acted so quickly given some of the issues people face. However, I did have one conversation with the UKVI & they were really apologetic because they had called me in error. Basically we applied via route A & I was called by some incompetent ECO asking me why I did not provide 2nd Income details. Firstly, I earn way above the threshold of what is required, secondly, I have been in the same role for well over 2 years so I was shocked when they asked me about my 2nd Income Details. Because I know my application was genuine, I had a very frank conversation with them saying, I cannot understand why after paying all that money, you as an ECO cannot even determine from my paperwork that there would be no 2nd Income Details, they were very apologetic however, it just shows what a joke of a department they truly are. We did a standard application too. Good luck with the ticket booking. My partners arrives on 1 December 2019 InShaaAllah & then we start having to worry about the Visa Application for 2.5 years from now... never ends eh!
Good to hear! Yes I am not surprised by their incompetence, it's been well documented in the media especially recently Home Office mishandling priority visas and the dreadful VFS site. To be honest I had 0 issues alhamdulillah, mine was done fairly quick (after 8 weeks of biometrics), I did not use solicitor and mine was non-priority, but I was surprised considering I had two employments in 12 months so used Category B and was well above the threshold for both employments.
I have booked my tickets today. Can I ask did you book via PIA?
Is there anything we need to be aware of when travelling?

Pawson
Nigeria

Post by Pawson » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Congratulations once again, pls pray for us. Which country did you apply from pls of I may ask?

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:16 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 pm
JayHussain wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
JayHussain wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Congratulations! Yes I vaguely remember! When did you get the decision? Will book tickets tonight Inshallah!
Hi thank you,
We got the visa pretty quickly to be honest, a lot quicker than expected. Check the Timeline Thread (Page 61) I have updated it with the full timeline of our Visa Process. I did not use a solicitor or anything & to be honest I was a bit surprised they acted so quickly given some of the issues people face. However, I did have one conversation with the UKVI & they were really apologetic because they had called me in error. Basically we applied via route A & I was called by some incompetent ECO asking me why I did not provide 2nd Income details. Firstly, I earn way above the threshold of what is required, secondly, I have been in the same role for well over 2 years so I was shocked when they asked me about my 2nd Income Details. Because I know my application was genuine, I had a very frank conversation with them saying, I cannot understand why after paying all that money, you as an ECO cannot even determine from my paperwork that there would be no 2nd Income Details, they were very apologetic however, it just shows what a joke of a department they truly are. We did a standard application too. Good luck with the ticket booking. My partners arrives on 1 December 2019 InShaaAllah & then we start having to worry about the Visa Application for 2.5 years from now... never ends eh!
Good to hear! Yes I am not surprised by their incompetence, it's been well documented in the media especially recently Home Office mishandling priority visas and the dreadful VFS site. To be honest I had 0 issues alhamdulillah, mine was done fairly quick (after 8 weeks of biometrics), I did not use solicitor and mine was non-priority, but I was surprised considering I had two employments in 12 months so used Category B and was well above the threshold for both employments.
It truly is abysmal! Yes same, non-priority, I really do not see the point in paying extra when it seems (looking at the timeline thread) that the priority applications are the ones that seem to have the most issues. Yes booked with PIA. No I don't think so, I doubt they ask them much when they land here in the UK, although, they could do. Are you going to get your partner?

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Pawson wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Congratulations once again, pls pray for us. Which country did you apply from pls of I may ask?
Hi from Pakistan. They processed it pretty quick to be honest! I was not expecting them to process it at that speed. However, my application was like a thesis! Ha. labelled & all in order - the ECO officer probably thought jesus! lol. Are you waiting to hear from your application?

Pawson
Nigeria

Post by Pawson » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:47 pm

My 10th week from biometric, 13th week from online submission pls pray for me ooo

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 am

JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:16 pm
zakali92 wrote:
JayHussain wrote:
zakali92 wrote:

Hi thank you,
It truly is abysmal! Yes same, non-priority, I really do not see the point in paying extra when it seems (looking at the timeline thread) that the priority applications are the ones that seem to have the most issues. Yes booked with PIA. No I don't think so, I doubt they ask them much when they land here in the UK, although, they could do. Are you going to get your partner?
Yes I'm going to collect my wife. I booked yesterday (Thursday) for the 9th December coming back 17th December via Qatar airways. Hopefully should be no issues.
I've been told by my friends however, they were asked a few straight forward questions when at airport in the UK. Like where do you work and live. Which I think are pretty pointless if your partner have UK entry clearance.
I was a bit worried it may cause issues if we have 2hr stoppage in Qatar but it's fine. Should be fine insha'Allah for both of us.

Panda25
Newly Registered

Post by Panda25 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:04 am

zakali92 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 am
JayHussain wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
JayHussain wrote:

Yes I'm going to collect my wife. I booked yesterday (Thursday) for the 9th December coming back 17th December via Qatar airways. Hopefully should be no issues.
I've been told by my friends however, they were asked a few straight forward questions when at airport in the UK. Like where do you work and live. Which I think are pretty pointless if your partner have UK entry clearance.
I was a bit worried it may cause issues if we have 2hr stoppage in Qatar but it's fine. Should be fine insha'Allah for both of us.
Hi do you mind me asking what time of the day UK time they sent you the decision made email.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:06 am

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:04 am

Hi do you mind me asking what time of the day UK time they sent you the decision made email.
At 12:59 on Monday 24th November 2019

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 am

zakali92 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:06 am
Panda25 wrote:

Sorry Monday 25th November 2019**

Panda25
Newly Registered

Post by Panda25 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am

zakali92 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 am
zakali92 wrote:
Panda25 wrote:

Thank you.

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:21 pm

zakali92 wrote:
JayHussain wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
JayHussain wrote:

Hey, no shouldn't be an issue at all. Your stop in Doha is simply a transfer & I think because you are travelling with your partner yourself it really will not be an issue at all. Have a good & safe trip & once your partner is here, the worry for FLR starts...ha! Never ending process I tell ya!

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Pawson wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:47 pm
My 10th week from biometric, 13th week from online submission pls pray for me ooo
Hopefully they will be in touch soon. Fingers Crossed. Keep up the positive spirit.

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Panda25 wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
JayHussain wrote:
zakali92 wrote:

Hey we got our email on Wednesday 13 November 2019 at 04:08AM (UK time) which was 09:08AM (Pakistan Time) - my partner got a text at the exact same time - hopefully you get the email/text soon InShaaAllah.

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am
zakali92 wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
Panda25 wrote:

Thank you.
Actually I just re-read your post, we never received a decision email. It was an email from VFS Global & a text from them too. You only know the decision once you collect the passport.

Panda25
Newly Registered

Post by Panda25 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:45 pm

JayHussain wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:28 pm
Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am
zakali92 wrote:
zakali92 wrote:

Thank you.
Actually I just re-read your post, we never received a decision email. It was an email from VFS Global & a text from them too. You only know the decision once you collect the passport.
I see, I thought they send you a decision has been made email then a few days VFS emails you to collect. I guess it's different for everyone. Thanks for letting me know.

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 pm

Hey guys, I just phoned UKVI again today asking for an update. I was given a 12 digit number, does anyone know what this number is for? Before I could even ask what this number is for the phone got cut off.

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:07 pm

JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:42 am
ElizaK wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 am
JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:08 am
ElizaK wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm
Hey guys, I'm so worried about the application. Its been 67 working days now and we have still recieved nothing. If it does go over the 3month time does that mean theres some problem with the application? Everyone else I know of has had a response back within 10weeks at the most even with standard. I did contact UKVI a few days ago and they said they will esclate the case. I'm so worried, I have a strong feeling theyre not going to grant my husband his visa as we haven't met in over 1year and a half. Also when I phoned UKVI I was told my husband will recieve an email?
Hey ElizaK
Is this your info from the Timeline Thread?

Application type: spouse visa for husband.( settlement)
Priority level: standard
Application submitted online: 22nd August
Biometrics: 27th August vfs Islamabad
Documents submitted to sheffield: 28th August
Email confirmation from ECO: 12th september
Employer Contacted By UKVI :
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI :
Contacted For Collection:
Collection Made:

I did contact UKVI by phonecall on the 21st November and they said they will esclate the case.

67working days now.

If so, I have a question for you? Please come back to me on this thread, sorry I do not have private message facility & do not reply on the Timeline Thread as that is for timelines only.
Thank you.
Jay

Hey, yes this is my information from the timeline thread and sure please feel free to ask any questions.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I just wanted to understand why you submitted documents to Sheffield & did not upload them on the VFS Site? I could be wrong but didn't the process change by the time you submitted your application? Could that be the reason for the potential delay?
Hey, so sorry I made a mistake on the timeline thread.🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️The documents were submitted on the VFS website.

khan1992

Post by khan1992 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:26 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:07 pm
JayHussain wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:08 am

Hey ElizaK
Is this your info from the Timeline Thread?

Application type: spouse visa for husband.( settlement)
Priority level: standard
Application submitted online: 22nd August
Biometrics: 27th August vfs Islamabad
Documents submitted to sheffield: 28th August
Email confirmation from ECO: 12th september
Employer Contacted By UKVI :
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI :
Contacted For Collection:
Collection Made:

I did contact UKVI by phonecall on the 21st November and they said they will esclate the case.

67working days now.

If so, I have a question for you? Please come back to me on this thread, sorry I do not have private message facility & do not reply on the Timeline Thread as that is for timelines only.
Thank you.
Jay

Hey, yes this is my information from the timeline thread and sure please feel free to ask any questions.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I just wanted to understand why you submitted documents to Sheffield & did not upload them on the VFS Site? I could be wrong but didn't the process change by the time you submitted your application? Could that be the reason for the potential delay?
Hey, so sorry I made a mistake on the timeline thread.🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️The documents were submitted on the VFS website.
Hi Eliza...what exactly was your conversation with them

uk7591
Pakistan

Post by uk7591 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:03 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Hey guys, I just phoned UKVI again today asking for an update. I was given a 12 digit number, does anyone know what this number is for? Before I could even ask what this number is for the phone got cut off.
Call reference number..
And what they said about your application status?

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:41 pm

khan1992 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:26 pm
ElizaK wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:07 pm
JayHussain wrote:
ElizaK wrote:

Hi Eliza...what exactly was your conversation with them
It was pointless even giving them a call. They told me the same thing like last time, that they will esclate the case. That is all tbh and I was charged £15🙄

Ginabeena
Newly Registered

Post by Ginabeena » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:01 pm

Yesterday we got 2 emails. First one saying application is almost completed and second one said passport ready to pick up. We had no emails prior to these two that were sent within minutes of each other. No calls to anyone. El hamdoullah my husband got his visa today. Good luck and god help all you that are waiting

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:30 am

Ginabeena wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:01 pm
Yesterday we got 2 emails. First one saying application is almost completed and second one said passport ready to pick up. We had no emails prior to these two that were sent within minutes of each other. No calls to anyone. El hamdoullah my husband got his visa today. Good luck and god help all you that are waiting
Hamdullah mabroouk. How many working days did you wait? Inshallah it will be us soon.

Ginabeena
Newly Registered

Post by Ginabeena » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 pm

46 working days from biometrics. 49 from application submitting. And that was none priority.
Inchallah you hear very soon

Husnac
Newly Registered

Post by Husnac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Ginabeena wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 pm
46 working days from biometrics. 49 from application submitting. And that was none priority.
Inchallah you hear very soon

I'm currently on 48 working days since biometrics. Haven't heard anything yet. In sha allah soon

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm

BritishCit wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Non priority
Settlement - husband
Online application: 7th October 2019
Biometrics: 23rd October 2019
Documents submitted at Vfs scanning hub: 23rd October 2019
Email recieved on 23rd October confirming acknowledgment of application

4 weeks this Wednesday and the waiting game is killing me!!!!! Can't do anything :(
6 weeks this Wednesday. Under severe stress this is taking over my life and i can't do a thing.