ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR documents queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR documents queries

Post by pr1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:45 pm

I just now submitted ILR Set O (Tier 2 General - 5 year route) application online. I selected the Priority Service and paid 2908.20 GBP.

In the supported documents checklist it has both of the below:
1. Evidence of Mr X Y immigration status in the UK
2. Current Biometric Residence Permit for Mr X Y
Isn't my BRP the evidence of my immigration status in the UK? Why have they specified these separately?

It also just says all passports. Does this mean front and back pages only or the pages with immigration stamps as well?

Do I need to use a scanner to scan my documents or can I take photos with my phone and upload them?

Apart from the above queries I am confused with the below pargraph at the end of the checklist

Further actions
You have chosen the standard service. You must now book and attend an appointment with our commercial partner to provide your documents and your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph). You can do this by logging back in to your application via the link in your confirmation email and continuing to our commercial partner's website from there.

I chose the priority service and at the top it correctly shows 2908.20 GBP. Why does it say You have chosen STANDARD SERVICE in that paragraph?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR documents queries

Post by aman90 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:09 am

pr1 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:45 pm

In the supported documents checklist it has both of the below:
1. Evidence of Mr X Y immigration status in the UK
2. Current Biometric Residence Permit for Mr X Y
Isn't my BRP the evidence of my immigration status in the UK? Why have they specified these separately?

Correct. Coz you mentioned you have a BRP. Some people may have vignettes. Just provide what’s asked

It also just says all passports. Does this mean front and back pages only or the pages with immigration stamps as well?

All pages

Do I need to use a scanner to scan my documents or can I take photos with my phone and upload them?

Phone scan and upload shall suffice!
Apart from the above queries I am confused with the below pargraph at the end of the checklist

Further actions
You have chosen the standard service. You must now book and attend an appointment with our commercial partner to provide your documents and your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph). You can do this by logging back in to your application via the link in your confirmation email and continuing to our commercial partner's website from there.

I chose the priority service and at the top it correctly shows 2908.20 GBP. Why does it say You have chosen STANDARD SERVICE in that paragraph?

What does the PDF of ur application say?

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:39 am

aman90 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:09 am
What does the PDF of ur application say?
Ok great, PDF says Service Option: Priority

Another question. I got my bank statement printed from the Lloyds Bank branch today. It has logo, address, name, account details, etc. But it is black and white, so I asked them to stamp it.

It has a line which says "This statement was printed in Branch XX-XX-XX on DATE TIME". They said this is an electronic stamp and will be accepted by HO.

Is it fine to submit this statement?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:54 pm

It’s fine. Don’t forget ur scanning docs.. probably black n white.

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:45 pm

I scanned and uploaded all my documents except my Passports and BRP. The scanner in my office was too slow and I was not able to get good scans from my phone at home. So I paid £45 for Sopra Steria document scanning service.

Now during my appointment today they started scanning my current passport and then took me away for biometrics. After I was back from biometrics they said they scanned my documents while I was away. I asked them if they have scanned all pages and they said yes.

I logged onto the website and I can see that they have uploaded 5 pdfs, one in the proof of application and four in Travel documents section. The documents have random names and I have no clue if they have uploaded everything as I cannot download the documents to view them.

Does anyone know if they scan the immigration stamp pages into separate PDFs or they combine them into one PDF? I had more than 15 pages with immigration stamps, so if they scan them separately then certainly they haven't scanned my immigration stamp pages. And if they combine them into one PDF I don't know why there are 4 PDFs in Travel documents section for 2 passports and 1 BRP. And no idea what they put in the Proof of Application - maybe the uploaded the appointment letter?

Its a headache for me now, I should have waited in my office longer and should have scanned them myself! :(

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Relax. It’ll be ok.
Each document is a separate PDF.
E.g passport plus pages= single pdf

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:34 pm