ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS. ILR before english exam was introduce.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rapapipaps
Newly Registered
United States of America

Expired IELTS. ILR before english exam was introduce.

Post by rapapipaps » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 am

Hi. I settled in the UK on 2004. There was no english exam then. I know I took so long but i am just now ready to apply naturalisation. I took my english exam last january 2017 and it will expire next month. My question is can I still use my english exam even if I didnt use it when i settled?. Thank. You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expired IELTS. ILR before english exam was introduce.

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 am

Useful to state which test you did.

You can use it if it is at level B1 and it is from a test provider that is still on the current ho list of approved tests.

If you did ESOL for example, then you can't use it.

You also need the life in the UK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:03 am

rapapipaps wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 am
I took my english exam last january 2017 and it will expire next month. My question is can I still use my english exam even if I didnt use it when i settled?.
Additionally, if you took the test in Jan 2017 and never used it then it's already expired for Naturalisation purposes. It'll be 3 yrs next month, way more than the stipulated 2 yrs.

rapapipaps
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rapapipaps » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:06 am

Sorry I mean i took My english exam January 2018 not 2017. And yes it was B1 level and its UKVI. So can i still use it even I didnt use it when I settled? Sorry I didnt get your answer clearly. And yes its on the current list of HO provider. Is it safe to submit it even its expired? Thank you.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:08 am

If it's on this current Home office approved list https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.2019.pdf and it's level B1 then yes you can use it BEFORE it expires. We recently used one that had 1 more day before the 2 yr deadline at the time of application and were successful. If you use it after it expires they will ask you to take a new test if you're lucky. I assume you also already have the Life in the UK Certificate as it's different from the English Language test. Suggest you apply before it expires or just take a new test if you can't apply yet to save yourself some avoidable delays.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 am

Also, are you American? If you are, then you don't even need this test. Only the Life in the UK certificate.