ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 ICT Visa and T2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jeevan18
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent to General URGENT Query

Post by Jeevan18 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:50 am

Hi
Please can you help as I am on ICT dependent VISA valid until 6th Feb 2020 and got a RCOS and employment starts date of 1 Feb 2020.
I am planning to apply from home country on 25 Nov on priority and intend to travel to UK on 10 Dec 2019.
Please confirm can I use my Dependent visa to enter into the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to General URGENT Query

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:43 am

Your dependent visa will be cancelled when your tier 2 general visa is issued and will no longer be valid.

You can only enter the UK on the date your tier 2 general is valid.

You must enter the UK on tier 2 general and get it stamped on arrival as you will need to show this to collect your brp card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jeevan18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jeevan18 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks CR001! Much appreciated!
Just one more query will the Tier 2 visa validity will start on the intended travel date on the visa application or work start date on the rCOS, please?
Thanks again for all your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:00 pm

It depends on the dates, ie cos valid for 3 months to be used.

Likely it will be granted in line with your cos and start date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jeevan18
Newly Registered
India

T2 ICT Visa and T2 General Visa

Post by Jeevan18 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:56 am

Hi Team

Please can you advice as I have ICT dependent visa valid until February 2020 and I applied for T2 General visa vignette from home country and its granted from Jan 2020. Currently am in the home country and will be travelling to the UK in Dec 2019.
Which visa I should I use to enter the UK in Dec 2019 as it should be ICT dependent visa, right?
If yes, do I have re-enter on vignette again in Jan 2020?

Please advice?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 ICT Visa and T2 General Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am

Your ICT dependent visa has been cancelled and is no longer valid since the approval of your tier 2 visa. You cannot hold two different UK visas.

You need to enter the UK on your tier 2 visa vignette and can only do so from the date it is valid from.

You need your visa vignette stamped when you enter as tier 2 to be able to collect your brp.

This has already been advised when you asked previously. You will be unlikely to travel to the UK in December as you don't have a valid visa until the start date of your tier 2 in January.

Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)