ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding family consent forms for spouse visa renewal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jmd111
Newly Registered

Stuck on 'Where have you lived together?' question for spouse visa renewal

Post by jmd111 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi guys. We are stuck on the below question for a UK spouse visa renewal.

'Where have you lived together?'

There is only room to give one address when we have lived in two locations since my wife received her first visa.

The first location we lived together for around 6 months and then moved to where we are currently living (and have been for around 2 years).

What do we do seeing as there is only room for one address? It's asking for two years correspondence proving we live together, but should we also include documentation with both our names on from the first address we lived at too, even though this is over two years?

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Stuck on 'Where have you lived together?' question for spouse visa renewal

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:40 am

Your answer can go into the additional information section of the application form or write a cover letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm

jmd111 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:54 pm

There is only room to give one address when we have lived in two locations since my wife received her first visa.

The first location we lived together for around 6 months and then moved to where we are currently living (and have been for around 2 years).

What do we do seeing as there is only room for one address? It's asking for two years correspondence proving we live together, but should we also include documentation with both our names on from the first address we lived at too, even though this is over two years?

Thanks!
You only need the cohabitation evidences from the last latest 2 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm
jmd111 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks!
You only need the cohabitation evidences from the last latest 2 years.
Thanks for the reply, yes that's what I thought regarding the evidence. Should we still list our first address together (where we lived for 6 months together,over 2 years ago) in the 'where have you lived' question?

It's worded to sound like they are asking for a past address which makes me think it should be listed, however there is no question that asks 'where are you currently living', only 'where do you plan to live' (where we have listed our current address, lived at for 2+ years)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm

In paper application they used to advise to add additional sheet if the given space is not sufficient and I think that feature is lacking in online form. Why not you insert both addresses in same box by giving extra space between them. Covering letter is indeed very helpful.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm
In paper application they used to advise to add additional sheet if the given space is not sufficient and I think that feature is lacking in online form. Why not you insert both addresses in same box by giving extra space between them. Covering letter is indeed very helpful.

They really don't make things easy do they! Yes that's a good idea. The only issue I can foresee is that there is only one box for the 'postcode' section. Would it be best to add both postcodes here followed by a comma? (ie XXX XXX , XXX XXX)

thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Try to press 'enter' once first address finish then you can start to type from new line and there you can type the second address. For example:

234 bread street London Ty76 7KL (enter)
41 Bird in bush road Essex RE8 3DT

Usually on pressing enter the box gets widened which I wish also happens here as well.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:50 pm
Try to press 'enter' once first address finish then you can start to type from new line and there you can type the second address. For example:

Usually on pressing enter the box gets widened which I wish also happens here as well.
Thanks, will try this tonight!

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks, will try this tonight!

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm

We have tried seeing if the box can be lengthened but this is not possible. There is definately only room for one address!

If anyone can help out asap that would be appreciated (we are ready to submit once we sort this out!)

So just to clarify, is the question 'where have you lived together?' referring to our current address, where we have both lived for over two years, OR the address that we lived at together for 6 months when my wife's visa was first granted?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Online application form desperately need more up-gradation as even the basic function lacks there. Just add a covering letter.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm
Online application form desperately need more up-gradation as even the basic function lacks there. Just add a covering letter.
Ok, we will be sure to add clarification in our cover letter. Final question, as we can only fit one address in as the response box, would it be a better idea to add our current address here (2yrs+ occupancy) instead of the older one?

Thanks again for your help , really appreciate it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 pm

jmd111 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Ok, we will be sure to add clarification in our cover letter. Final question, as we can only fit one address in as the response box, would it be a better idea to add our current address here (2yrs+ occupancy) instead of the older one?

yes give your latest address & upload 2 years of cohabitation evidences addressed on it. But in covering letter just write the previous address and clarify as why you couldnt add it there.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am

When I applied I only put in my current address for that section. Later in the application it asks if you have lived anywhere else in the past 2 years, which allows for entry of additional addresses but seems like they are really only interested in the address history for the previous 2 years. Agreed that a cover letter clarifying is a good plan if it's something you're concerned about.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am
When I applied I only put in my current address for that section. Later in the application it asks if you have lived anywhere else in the past 2 years, which allows for entry of additional addresses but seems like they are really only interested in the address history for the previous 2 years. Agreed that a cover letter clarifying is a good plan if it's something you're concerned about.
Thanks. Yes that all makes sense, strangely enough though it does not ask if we have lived anywhere else in the last two years on our renewal application.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:56 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 pm
jmd111 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm
seagul wrote:

yes give your latest address & upload 2 years of cohabitation evidences addressed on it. But in covering letter just write the previous address and clarify as why you couldnt add it there.
All clear, thanks again!

jmd111
Newly Registered

Question regarding family consent forms for spouse visa renewal

Post by jmd111 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi guys, regarding the consent forms below that we are asked to sign (this is for a spouse visa renewal)

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

As far ask I can understand from the forms themselves, the applicant (my wife) needs to fill out form 1, and as the sponsor I just need to fill out forms 2 and 3?

However at the bottom of the page on part 3 it says ‘if the account is a joint account all owners should sign’

We are submitting our joint account bank statements, so does this mean my wife should also sign page 3? We are also submitting electric bills and council tax bills etc in both our names.

Perhaps I am reading it wrong? If someone could clarify that would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question regarding family consent forms for spouse visa renewal

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question. Keep your queries in one topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jmd111
Newly Registered

Post by jmd111 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question. Keep your queries in one topic please.
Apologies, I did not realise. If anyone can advise that would be appreciated.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:26 am

jmd111 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm
As far ask I can understand from the forms themselves, the applicant (my wife) needs to fill out form 1, and as the sponsor I just need to fill out forms 2 and 3?
Yes, your wife would need to complete Part 1 and you would need to complete Part 2. Part 3 relates to information/documentation that includes a third party sponsor providing the applicant with financial support. This usually would not be necessary for a spouse visa application. The form is intended to provide the Home Office consent to access to personal information and seems like it would really only apply if there is a person named in any supporting documents that is neither you or your wife. I just wrote "Not Applicable" on the Part 3 form and uploaded it in case the person reviewing the application went looking for it. If there is anyone providing your wife with financial support (besides yourself) that is named in any of the supporting documents, they should be signing the Part 3 consent form.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.