ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mihoz
Newly Registered

English Test for citizenship

Post by mihoz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi everyone!

I entered the country in 2013 with a Tier 4 student visa, and passed the Cambridge Preliminary English Test for it. In 2016 I got a Indefinite Leave to Remain.
I am now applying for a citizenship and this test is not included in the Immigration Approved English language tests. Do I need to do another test or is the Cambridge one I used to enter the country in 2013 enough?

mihoz
Newly Registered

Re: English Test for citizenship

Post by mihoz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:49 pm

I know Immigration accepts an English test taken for a previous application for settlement. But I only used this certificate for my Tier 4 visa, which is not a settlement visa.

Typa75
Newly Registered

Post by Typa75 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am

My understanding is that until 2014 the Cambridge Certificates were acceptable.

From 2015 they changed the requirements and now you need to provide a certificate from the Immigration Approved English Test.

I hold the Cambridge Proficiency in English which is level C2 but still I had to do the Trinity College B1 test.

mihoz
Newly Registered

Post by mihoz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks for your response!
Do you know how t is the best way for me to find out if they accept it or not?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:53 am

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mihoz
Newly Registered

Post by mihoz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you for the link but I read it before and unfortunately it doesn't answer my question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:04 pm

You can use an expired test that was used for a previous application AND it is still on the CURRENT HO approved test provider list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mihoz
Newly Registered

Post by mihoz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:26 pm

the information on the gov website is different though :

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

I used this B1 test to enter the UK in 2013, and back then it was in the list. However, this was not for a settlement visa, it was for a student visa.