ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to Ireland with Employment permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amandeep27
Newly Registered
India

Return to Ireland with Employment permit

Post by Amandeep27 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi,

Whilst on Stamp 1G, I managed to find a job here in Ireland and my company has agreed on sponsoring my work permit. But due to Labor market needs test requirements, the job is supposed to be advertised for two weeks before i can apply for the permit. My stamp has expired on the 6th of Nov, and I have requested INIS for a temporary extension so i can apply for the permit from within the state.

My application is still pending, but I was considering requesting them to close the application and return home so i could apply for employment permit from my home country.

Would i have any problems returning to Ireland with a work permit having overstayed for a bit?

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Return to Ireland with Employment permit

Post by kupuser » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:03 pm

While you are waiting for the outcome of an immigration application and while INIS is aware of your presence, you should be fine and it won't impact on your work permit application or return. Just make sure to retain the copies of all such communication with INIS as evidence that you were in touch with them all the time.