ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sqmeb
Mood:

Re: Adequate accommodation

Post by sqmeb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Thank you so much. That’s made me feel less tensed.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Hello,
Would anyone be able to assist in finding an official U.K. government website that states the requirements for adequate accommodation and what it entails?
As in, what is required for each and every type of accommodation?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:04 pm
Would anyone be able to assist in finding an official U.K. government website that states the requirements for adequate accommodation and what it entails?
From page 19 of the guidance document linked below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:53 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:04 pm
Hello,
If you don't have any relative/friend offering you the accomodation then required documents will remain same anywhere you starts living for visa purpose.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm

I won’t be living with family/friends so I would definitely need to research what is classed as suitable accommodation and what documents I’d need to collect when applying so I can ask landlords prior to signing any contract.

Also, thank you. I’ll read through it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm
what documents I’d need to collect when applying so I can ask landlords prior to signing any contract.
Tenancy agreement, noc letter and property inspection report if its a shared accomodation. In case of shared accomodation lead tenant won't be counted as landlord and without having others tenants consent & access to their rooms the property inspection report confirming not overcrowding can't be prepared. Also many landlords at beginning (tenancy time) ready to help but at visa application time dont. So be careful
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm
sqmeb wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm
what documents I’d need to collect when applying so I can ask landlords prior to signing any contract.
Tenancy agreement, noc letter and property inspection report if its a shared accomodation. In case of shared accomodation lead tenant won't be counted as landlord and without having others tenants consent & access to their rooms the property inspection report confirming not overcrowding can't be prepared. Also many landlords at beginning (tenancy time) ready to help but at visa application time dont. So be careful

Yes, if I go down the route of shared accommodation then I planned to ask for other tenants permission prior to having the property inspection done. Also, I have a feeling that I will run into trouble when the time comes to actually collecting the documents from the landlord regardless of their agreement in the beginning.

So guessing it’s a flat / studio I need to be searching for.

sqmeb
Mood:

Spousal Support Letter

Post by sqmeb » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi all,

I am in the midst of beginning my spousal support letter that I plan to tweak as I go along. I know I should keep it as factual as possible and not write a letter of nonsense and romance. However, I have detailed our first instance of meeting: where we met, the dates, missed flights to stay in Morocco, how we swapped numbers.

Below is roughly how I wrote it:

[Applicant name] was working in said location. He was a [job title]. I was on holiday with friends, first time visiting. Intended trip was for [said dates], landing in [said airport] on [date]. On [date], my friends and I took the train to [city], staying in [hotel] near [mall]. On [date] we chose to eat at [restaurant]. [Applicant name] had been standing outside. After I placed an order, I asked for the cashier to call out to the applicant who had returned to the back of restaurant. We took an immediate liking to one another. I asked for his Instagram. He gave me his number. I texted him about the food being salty and asked him what time he finished work.

Etc.

I feel like I'm blabbing. But I do want to keep in how we met, because my friends and I missed two flights (one because we chose to stay longer and the other because there was an incident with trains which made the national news).

And as corny as it sounds, when my husband and I saw each other for the first time, it was an instant sparks went off, electric feeling, the whole "Oh sh*t, this is it." We were very much attracted to each other and when we met after his work, we talked nonstop and it felt so normal. But I won't include the whole soulmates mushy nonsense in it because I know Home Office will disregard this.

Is there any advice I can get on this? Anyone who thinks I need to cut the crap and keep it straight? Or anything, please? I don't want to overload on the details nor keep it too short.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spousal Support Letter

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:23 pm

HO is not interested in your romance and love story. Writing loads of stuff filled with emotion is simply ignored. They only follow the immigration rules, not any emotion.

A letter is not even required but if you insist on writing one, keep it BRIEF and to the POINT.

P.S. please keep all your questions in ONE topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:28 pm

I understand that they are not interested in any of the emotional aspect of it. I wanted feedback. Also, OK, I'll keep my questions in this thread.

Is there any way to search for specific topics on this website? I can't find the search function even when using the web version.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:40 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:28 pm
I understand that they are not interested in any of the emotional aspect of it. I wanted feedback. Also, OK, I'll keep my questions in this thread.

Is there any way to search for specific topics on this website? I can't find the search function even when using the web version.
Far better than above letter if you attach the subsisting relationship evidences about events/activities you both joined together.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:48 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:40 pm
sqmeb wrote:

Far better than above letter if you attach the subsisting relationship evidences about events/activities you both joined together.
Slightly confused about your response or maybe I'm just too tired to understand it. I'll be including photos of the two of us with a brief description, screenshots of Whatsapp messages, flight boarding passes, email confirming flights, receipts of AirBnB stays in Morocco.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:57 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:48 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:40 pm
sqmeb wrote:

Slightly confused about your response or maybe I'm just too tired to understand it. I'll be including photos of the two of us with a brief description, screenshots of Whatsapp messages, flight boarding passes, email confirming flights, receipts of AirBnB stays in Morocco.
The proofs you have mentioned are good, just don't attach the previous letter which might even confuse to caseworker.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Oh, I see. Would it not be useful to at the very least do a brief outline of when I met him, how many times I've flown back to see him, when I got married, where I got married, etc?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:39 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm
Oh, I see. Would it not be useful to at the very least do a brief outline of when I met him, how many times I've flown back to see him, when I got married, where I got married, etc?
All these will be asked in the application form

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Hello,

I have a few questions hoping somebody could clarify for me. I got married in Morocco September 2019, I haven’t given notice to any official government body in the U.K. I’ve done so. Do I need to register this marriage in the U.K.? Or notify anybody?

I need to translate my marriage certificate. I used translators in Morocco (found on the U.K. gov website) when I needed documents translating to get permission to get married there. Would I be able to use the same translators and then get it certified / legalised by the ministry of foreign affairs in Morocco?

(Excuse me if I sound like I don’t know what I’m talking about — I don’t)

My husband needs to do the A1 test, is this correct?

Thank you 😊

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:17 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:23 pm
Hello,

I have a few questions hoping somebody could clarify for me. I got married in Morocco September 2019, I haven’t given notice to any official government body in the U.K. I’ve done so. Do I need to register this marriage in the U.K.? Or notify anybody?

I need to translate my marriage certificate. I used translators in Morocco (found on the U.K. gov website) when I needed documents translating to get permission to get married there. Would I be able to use the same translators and then get it certified / legalised by the ministry of foreign affairs in Morocco?

(Excuse me if I sound like I don’t know what I’m talking about — I don’t)

My husband needs to do the A1 test, is this correct?

Thank you 😊
If your marriage is legally acceptable/no impediments to you both in the country it was held there is no requirement to registering it in UK.
Yes, you can use same approved translator.
Yes A1 UKVI test though if able to do and pass B1 this will save you hassle and money down the line when renewing and at ILR stage.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Are you aware of TB test requirement too?

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 pm

Thank you.

Yes, we got legally married in Morocco. Was a very lengthy and gruelling process. But we’ve got our certificates and stamps in Arabic.

Yes, I plan to get him to make an appointment next month/May for his TB test. Is there an expiry date for TB results? Is it 6 months?

Also, the English A1 test — is it speaking and listening? His English is very good and he can speak fluently but he’s bad at spelling words without spellcheck.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:57 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 pm
for TB results? Is it 6 months?
yes
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-morocco
sqmeb wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 pm
Also, the English A1 test — is it speaking and listening?
yes
https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ta ... ife-skills

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:52 am

Thank you, seagul! :D

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Another question, sorry,

I’m planning to move into shared accommodation. I’ve agreed with a letting agency and the landlord that they will provide a No objection letter, tenancy agreement, and they have a HMO license and theyre happy for my husband to join me.

I will also get a property inspection report as I’ll be living with two non-related adults.

The room I’m looking at currently looks big enough with own en-suite, but I’m wondering does the room need to meet certain dimensions/sizes? What size and what measurements should it be before I sign any tenancy agreement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Thank you, that’s helpful!

sqmeb
Mood:

Document Checklist

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi all

Sorry for not continuing on my old post, I'm using the web version and not sure how to find it. I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on the documents I will be collecting.

I will be Cat A, salaried. I am paid a fixed basic salary of £1570.83 each month. I used to do overtime, but now I get bonus paid each month which varies based on performance. This would still be classed as salaried, is this right? As my fixed basic never changes. I can also explain briefly in support letter I get overtime/bonus paid.

I will include my contract, an employment letter (dated no later than 28 days), 6 payslips and bank statements, the latest bank statement being no older than 28 days. I will get a letter from the bank to confirm the bank statements are genuine as I will use online copies.

So that's employment and financial ticked off.

For accommodation, I am in a shared house. I have my own en-suite. I will get a property inspection report (does this also need to be no older than 28 days?), a NO letter from the agency and my tenancy agreement. The property has a HMO license and they've agreed to let my husband join me. How do I prove it has a HMO license? Is there a certificate I can ask from the agency?

Relationship evidence: We will be self-uploading. My husband is from Morocco. We have got our marriage certificate translated, need to get it stamped to confirm it is genuine. We will include both copies. I have organised our photos of us, family, friends and our wedding party in a PDF file. (All files need to be no larger than 10MB, I believe).

I've put together a PDF file of our WhatsApp screenshots, 4-5 per month for the past two years. I still need to do WhatsApp call logs. We've been screenshotting each week, so will organize that soon.

I might also include some emails/Snapchat conversation between us. Maybe.

I will also include a few video call screenshots of him and myself and his family members.

Anything else I need to do?

Flight: I have put together a PDF file of my old boarding passes, as many as I could find. I asked Ryanair for a history of them. They couldn't give it. But they did give me a word document file of my previous bookings so I've explained this in the support letter. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

Will also include passport stamps - need to scan and upload in a document.

Would this be enough? I can find physical copies of all my boarding passes that have been used but they are torn (by Ryanair staff), and scan them if needed be.

Regarding my husband... He will be doing his IELTS A1 English Test soon and his TB. We will scan his passport biometrics page, and his ID card and include the necessary details of him and his parents in the application.

Is this enough?

I will complete the VAF4A form on his behalf, answering as if I am him, and complete the appendix II financial requirement form. Send him copies/reciepts of payments and IHS fee and reference confirmation so he can take it to his biometrics appointment.

I am a little confused on the difference between TLS and VFS offices, what's the difference between them?

Thank you all