ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work - Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nikhilxi
Newly Registered
India

Right to work - Dependent

Post by Nikhilxi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi all,

I am in UK on a dependent visa, my wife is on a ICT Tier 2 Long term visa

Visa length: Nov 2020

I recently got a permanent job in a company.

My question is my wife's job contract gets renewed every three months, so now there is a visibility till March 2020 but what if say her contract doesn't gets renewed in March 2020, do I have to immediately resign from my job as well or do I get an extension?

Please note that there is a huge possibility that she might get another project may be within 2 weeks to come back and join in UK if her contract expires in March 2020. Also I understand that we will have to leave once the Visa length of Nov 2020 is over.

Some light on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Nikhilxi
Newly Registered
India

Re: Right to work - Dependent

Post by Nikhilxi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Nikhilxi wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 pm
Hi all,

I am in UK on a dependent visa, my wife is on a ICT Tier 2 Long term visa

Visa length: Nov 2020

I recently got a permanent job in a company.

My question is my wife's job contract gets renewed every three months, so now there is a visibility till March 2020 but what if say her contract doesn't gets renewed in March 2020, do I have to immediately resign from my job as well or do I get an extension?

Please note that there is a huge possibility that she might get another project may be within 2 weeks to come back and join in UK if her contract expires in March 2020. Also I understand that we will have to leave once the Visa length of Nov 2020 is over.

Some light on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm

In your case you can stay for atmost 2 months after your spouse is sent to home country. (I don't know any documentation regarding this). Just my experience and friends experience who did this way.

If he/she couldn't find the project by then it is safe for you to exit UK and re-enter along with her within the visa period.

You might not face any issues immediately in case you overstay but might be scrutinized in next application

Nikhilxi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nikhilxi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you. This info helps a lot.