ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ginabeena
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ginabeena » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Husnac wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:46 pm
Ginabeena wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 pm
46 working days from biometrics. 49 from application submitting. And that was none priority.
Inchallah you hear very soon

I'm currently on 48 working days since biometrics. Haven't heard anything yet. In sha allah soon
I didn’t get any emails until last Thursday then got two within minutes.
Inchallah u will hear soon

Maan1991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maan1991 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:06 am

NON PRIORITY

Date of online application - 25/09/2019
Date of Biometric and docs submission jalandhar (INDIA)- 7/10/2019
Email from ECO - 18/10/2019
Call to sponsor - No
Call to employer - No

NO UPDATES SINCE 18/10/2019

I am on the 9th week today ( Biometric)
I am on the 11th week since ( online application)

It's very hard to wait and worrying so much about my application😔😔

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 am

ElizaK wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:07 pm
JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:42 am
ElizaK wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 am
JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:08 am

Hey ElizaK
Is this your info from the Timeline Thread?

Application type: spouse visa for husband.( settlement)
Priority level: standard
Application submitted online: 22nd August
Biometrics: 27th August vfs Islamabad
Documents submitted to sheffield: 28th August
Email confirmation from ECO: 12th september
Employer Contacted By UKVI :
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI :
Contacted For Collection:
Collection Made:

I did contact UKVI by phonecall on the 21st November and they said they will esclate the case.

67working days now.

If so, I have a question for you? Please come back to me on this thread, sorry I do not have private message facility & do not reply on the Timeline Thread as that is for timelines only.
Thank you.
Jay

Hey, yes this is my information from the timeline thread and sure please feel free to ask any questions.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I just wanted to understand why you submitted documents to Sheffield & did not upload them on the VFS Site? I could be wrong but didn't the process change by the time you submitted your application? Could that be the reason for the potential delay?
Hey, so sorry I made a mistake on the timeline thread.🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️The documents were submitted on the VFS website.
Ah ok, brilliant. I just thought maybe that was an issue since you completed your application online then submitted documents offline. I guess it is a waiting game, however, I would not call them until the 120 days are up (I think that's their maximum processing time) at which point you then need to take it a bit further. Unless it's reached that point already?

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:43 am

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:45 pm
JayHussain wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:28 pm
Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am
zakali92 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 am

Sorry Monday 25th November 2019**
Thank you.
Actually I just re-read your post, we never received a decision email. It was an email from VFS Global & a text from them too. You only know the decision once you collect the passport.
I see, I thought they send you a decision has been made email then a few days VFS emails you to collect. I guess it's different for everyone. Thanks for letting me know.
Yes possibly, although from everyone I know whose been through the process in the last year is (6 cases in total including mine) it is the same. A decision made email/text is sent (this is simply generic not a personal email or text), you then have to go pick your passport up from the centre & that is when you know what the decision is. is there anyone here who has had a different experience? It wouldn't surprise me if the HO adopt different approaches they're ridiculous to be honest.

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:43 am

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:45 pm
JayHussain wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:28 pm
Panda25 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am
zakali92 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 am

Sorry Monday 25th November 2019**
Thank you.
Actually I just re-read your post, we never received a decision email. It was an email from VFS Global & a text from them too. You only know the decision once you collect the passport.
I see, I thought they send you a decision has been made email then a few days VFS emails you to collect. I guess it's different for everyone. Thanks for letting me know.
Yes possibly, although from everyone I know whose been through the process in the last year is (6 cases in total including mine) it is the same. A decision made email/text is sent (this is simply generic not a personal email or text), you then have to go pick your passport up from the centre & that is when you know what the decision is. is there anyone here who has had a different experience? It wouldn't surprise me if the HO adopt different approaches they're ridiculous to be honest.

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 am

BritishCit wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Non priority
Settlement - husband
Online application: 7th October 2019
Biometrics: 23rd October 2019
Documents submitted at Vfs scanning hub: 23rd October 2019
Email recieved on 23rd October confirming acknowledgment of application

4 weeks this Wednesday and the waiting game is killing me!!!!! Can't do anything :(
6 weeks this Wednesday. Under severe stress this is taking over my life and i can't do a thing.
Hi, don't worry about it too much. Sometimes those emails are not very consistent. A non-priority application can take up to 12 weeks so only start worrying if you have heard nothing at week 12. You are just stressing yourself out for no reason. Those emails are really not consistent, trust me, you only need to trawl through these threads & the timeline thread to see how haphazard everything is. Stay positive.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi everyone
My husband and I had our interview today and I wanted to share our questions in the hope that these may help someone, should you be interviewed. A few pointers before I list the questions:-

Please ensure you know your application inside out – your questions will be based on your application and this will make it easier for you to answer. They are validating your application and there is no other means to seek information to ask questions about other than from what you have provided.
The questions are not to trip you up – your answers will provide context to your application
Also be sure that you know important dates inside out!

Please please please be honest in your application and answers – the HO already know the truth and the interview is a means of validation (validation being the exact word used by the home office interviewer)
The interviewer is not the person making the decision but will be typing all your answers as you talk

Be confident in your answers and be clear – if the interviewer is typing as you speak, allow them to clarify the answer with you / or you may ask them to read back to you your answer

I thankfully had a nice interviewer and was having a general chit chat with said person throughout the call – this helped me relax too.

We have been advised a decision will be made within the next week as applications are quiet at the moment

The questions that were asked:-
1. Your name
2. Your DOB
3. Have you sponsored someone?
4. Applicant’s full name
5. Where was I born? (I was born in a Commonwealth country)
6. How did I acquire my passport? (as I was born in a Commonwealth country)
7. How did the relationship start?
8. Where did we meet?
9. When did we see each other?
10. When did our relationship begin?
11. Did we always plan our wedding so early on? (as it was arranged)
12. Date of Nikkah
13. What was the wedding like?
14. Who was at the wedding?
15. Where did we go after wedding?
16. How long for?
17. Where did we go in X city where we did one pre honeymoon?
18. Have we seen each other since marriage?
19. What did we do the second time we met?
20. Where did we stay?
21. How many bedrooms in his house?
22. How often do you talk?
23. Which language do you talk in?
24. What are your favourite hobbies?
25. What are his favourite hobbies?
26. What’s his favourite food?
27. Have either of you been married/divorced before?
28. Do you have any children?
29. What’s his current address?
30. Is he employed?
31. How long have I worked for my company?
32. What is the company’s name?
33. My husband was asked my job role and what I do in my role
34. When does he want to travel?
35. How long does he intend on staying?

Other questions were asked related to my husband’s immigration history that I will not list as it may be identifiable.

My interview lasted 50 mins and my husband’s approx. 10 mins

Also worth noting, your interview may not be simultaneous. My husband’s interview finished before mine and he was calling me whilst I was still on a call so whilst they intend to interview you at the same time, this may not always happen. This won’t happen for everyone but it is something to note.

My husband and I await our decision and we wish you all the best too.

Pawson
Nigeria

Post by Pawson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks for sharing. Best of luck to each and everyone of us

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:58 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi everyone
My husband and I had our interview today and I wanted to share our questions in the hope that these may help someone, should you be interviewed. A few pointers before I list the questions:-

Please ensure you know your application inside out – your questions will be based on your application and this will make it easier for you to answer. They are validating your application and there is no other means to seek information to ask questions about other than from what you have provided.
The questions are not to trip you up – your answers will provide context to your application

Please please please be honest in your application and answers – the HO already know the truth and the interview is a means of validation (validation being the exact word used by the home office interviewer)
The interviewer is not the person making the decision but will be typing all your answers as you talk

Be confident in your answers and be clear – if the interviewer is typing as you speak, allow them to clarify the answer with you / or you may ask them to read back to you your answer

I thankfully had a nice interviewer and was having a general chit chat with said person throughout the call – this helped me relax too.

We have been advised a decision will be made within the next week as applications are quiet at the moment

1. Your name
2. Your DOB
4. Applicant’s full name
8. Where did we meet?
12. Date of Nikkah
16. How long for?
20. Where did we stay?
30. Is he employed?

Other questions were asked related to my husband’s immigration history that I will not list as it may be identifiable.

Also worth noting, your interview may not be simultaneous. My husband’s interview finished before mine and he was calling me whilst I was still on a call so whilst they intend to interview you at the same time, this may not always happen. This won’t happen for everyone but it is something to note.

Excellent way to let others know. All the best to you & your husband, hopefully the decision will be positive InShaaAllah.

IsaacIsla
Newly Registered

Post by IsaacIsla » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Is your application priority or non priority?
ms1993 wrote:
Hi everyone

1. Your name
2. Your DOB
4. Applicant’s full name
8. Where did we meet?
12. Date of Nikkah
16. How long for?
20. Where did we stay?
30. Is he employed?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:50 am

IsaacIsla wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:29 pm
Is your application priority or non priority?
ms1993 wrote:
Hi everyone

1. Your name
2. Your DOB
4. Applicant’s full name
8. Where did we meet?
12. Date of Nikkah
16. How long for?
20. Where did we stay?
30. Is he employed?

Non priority - 12 weeks due on 10/12/2019

boy2017

Post by boy2017 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:46 am

Still Waiting.....

17 working weeks over now (i.e. 4 months since bio). Not straight forward email on 58th working day and heard nothing since then.

How long would it take further?? this hanging situation is lethal.

Shidd1994
Newly Registered

Post by Shidd1994 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:35 pm

boy2017 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:46 am
Still Waiting.....

17 working weeks over now (i.e. 4 months since bio). Not straight forward email on 58th working day and heard nothing since then.

This is the 15th working week since the biometrics for my husband's visa. And we also received a Not Straight Forward Email on the 58th working day too. I'm losing the strength to keep myself together. It's so hard :(

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:35 pm
boy2017 wrote:
Still Waiting.....

This is the 15th working week since the biometrics for my husband's visa. And we also received a Not Straight Forward Email on the 58th working day too. I'm losing the strength to keep myself together. It's so hard :(
Can I ask... do they give you any reason as to what their concerns are or it is simply a generic email?

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:07 pm

JayHussain wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 am
ElizaK wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:07 pm
JayHussain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:42 am
ElizaK wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 am

Hey, yes this is my information from the timeline thread and sure please feel free to ask any questions.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I just wanted to understand why you submitted documents to Sheffield & did not upload them on the VFS Site? I could be wrong but didn't the process change by the time you submitted your application? Could that be the reason for the potential delay?
Hey, so sorry I made a mistake on the timeline thread.🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️The documents were submitted on the VFS website.
Ah ok, brilliant. I just thought maybe that was an issue since you completed your application online then submitted documents offline. I guess it is a waiting game, however, I would not call them until the 120 days are up (I think that's their maximum processing time) at which point you then need to take it a bit further. Unless it's reached that point already?

I've already called them twice and theyre no help whatsoever! It was a waste of time tbh. Its been 71working days today and still nothing. No emails from them or phonecalls.

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Once a decison is made will only my husband in pakistan recieve a text or myself aswell?

Shidd1994
Newly Registered

Post by Shidd1994 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 pm

JayHussain wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:
boy2017 wrote:
Still Waiting.....

Can I ask... do they give you any reason as to what their concerns are or it is simply a generic email?
It's just a generic email which is so silly because they should at least tell us the specifics so we understand the situation

Pawson
Nigeria

Post by Pawson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 pm

It might be text message or it could be both email and text message. Some people dont even receive decision made from what have read so far and it will be on the email on the application form and the telephone number on the application form aswell.

Have tried to take it easy with this tension , may God see us all through to success,. Amen

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08 pm
Once a decison is made will only my husband in pakistan recieve a text or myself aswell?
Hey ElizaK my partner (in Pakistan) received a text message & the email address used at the time of application was where an email was sent to - please note that the email/text comes from VFS not the HO. All the best.

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:42 pm

Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 pm
JayHussain wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:
boy2017 wrote:
Still Waiting.....

It's just a generic email which is so silly because they should at least tell us the specifics so we understand the situation
Bless you man. It is so frustrating for some people. May god make it easier for you all. The HO are seriously full of crap!!!!

Husnac
Newly Registered

Post by Husnac » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Pawson wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 pm
It might be text message or it could be both email and text message. Some people dont even receive decision made from what have read so far and it will be on the email on the application form and the telephone number on the application form aswell.

Have tried to take it easy with this tension , may God see us all through to success,. Amen
Hey any update on your application?

Pawson
Nigeria

Post by Pawson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Not yet, fingers crossed. Good news soon by God's grace

Mistah
Newly Registered

Post by Mistah » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm

Visa type : non priory
Online Application: 27 sep 2019
Biometric: 16 oct 2019
Scanned docs : 2 oct 2019 
Email received from ECO: 22 Nov 2019
Employer contact : not sure
Sponsor Contact :no

Since 22 November 2019 no contact at all not sure if the process started since I did application or since biometric hopeing I get a response this month InshaAllah

Aroosa
Newly Registered

Post by Aroosa » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 pm

could anyone please help me. I have submitted my application for spouse visa on gov.uk few days ago on behalf of my husband in pakistan.
I am uncertain on the next steps. After submitting application, i received a brief document checklist that is for the applicant to take and sign at his biometric appt. I have been told to submit doc here in the Uk.
does my husband need to submit/take anything with him to his biometric appt?

Any update yet??
[/quote]

UPDATE!!!!!

130 WORKING DAYS!
COLLECTION EMAIL FROM VAC !!!

Going tomorrow to collect the passport from Islamabad.
Please everyone PRAY FOR ME that we get the visa tomorrow!! INSHALLAH! Ya Allah is the GREATEST!! 🤲🏻🙏🏼
[/quote]

UPDATE !!!

16/08/19: WE GOT THE VISAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Ya ALLAH IS THE GREATEST!!!! ALHAMDULILAH!!!

I am soo chuffed and ecstatic right now i can’t even explain how much 😁😁😁😁😁

May Allah bless you all and reunite those who are waiting to be united with their spouses, Ameen 🤲🏻
[/quote]

OHHHHH MA SHA ALLLLLLLAH CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!! Alhamdulilah the wait is finally OVER!!! May Allah reunite you with your husband and have a blessed life together here in the UK :D . Please don't forget me in your prayers for my wife's visa to be granted in sha allah, although it's not looking too good for us at all at the moment :-(
[/quote]

Aroosa
Newly Registered

Post by Aroosa » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Could anyone please help me. I have submitted my application for spouse visa on gov.uk few days ago on behalf of my husband in pakistan.
I am uncertain on the next steps. After submitting application, i received a brief document checklist that is for the applicant to take and sign at his biometric appt. I have been told to submit doc here in the Uk.
does my husband need to submit/take anything with him to his biometric appt?

how do i arrange documents to be submitted in the UK?