ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to Pakistan without Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Goher1993
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Traveling to Pakistan without Passport

Post by Goher1993 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:25 am

Hi,
I am due to travel to Pakistan next month but i don't have my passport with me. Home office holding my passport, i have requested them to return my passport before my departure date. Incase if home office does’t return it on time. Can i travel to Pakistan without my passport?? Although i have computerised smart ID will it be enough for travelling? Or what else do i need to do to travel to Pakistan without extending my travel date?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Traveling to Pakistan without Passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Can i travel to Pakistan without my passport??
No you cannot. You won't even get through airport security.
Although i have computerised smart ID will it be enough for travelling?
No, an id card is not a travel document.
Or what else do i need to do to travel to Pakistan without extending my travel date?
Keep trying to contact HO. Have you checked with your solicitor that it has not been received at their offices?? Is your passport still valid??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Goher1993
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Goher1993 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, i have sent them tracked letters twice and my solicitor also sent them a letter with recorded delivery last Monday. But no response yet. Just curious what will happen if they dont send it on time? Can i get an emergency travel document or something ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:56 pm

You need a passport. The UK, as far as I am aware, no longer accepts temporary foreign passports. Have you contacted your embassy?

Did you complete the correct form to request your passport back rather than just writing letters??

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Why did HO retain your passport in the first place??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Goher1993
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Goher1993 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 pm

It was retained back in 2017 when i was in solihull for marriage interview they took it and said Home office will return it once they’ve made their decision. I have been granted leave to remain in OCT,2019 and now requesting them to return my passport back. I’ve already booked my tickets thinking they will return my passport soon but after almost 2 months they have’t.

I have’t contacted my embassy yet.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi. I think if you only want to go one way to Pakistan than you can go with many way but if you like to come back to UK as well than you need to travel on valid passport

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:49 pm
Hi. I think if you only want to go one way to Pakistan than you can go with many way but if you like to come back to UK as well than you need to travel on valid passport
A valid passport is required to leave the UK and board a plane, whether planning to come back or not!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Goher1993
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Goher1993 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 am

Update**

I received an email from Home office on Friday. They have sent out my passport on home address.

nichjeremiah19
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by nichjeremiah19 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:58 pm
Garry20g wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:49 pm
A valid passport is required to leave the UK and board a plane, whether planning to come back or not!
I agree... So if you don't have a travel document your not allowed to go out.