ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amargaddam
Newly Registered

Entry clearance reference number

Post by amargaddam » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Hello All,

I am new member to this thread and tried to search for answers about Entry clearance reference and could not find it.

Can any one help me with Questions D4 in Section D (Immigration history) of main applicant form?

What is the reference number on entry clearance? Is that VAF number on my entry clearance visa stamping in my passport?

Thx,
Amar

rajivferroin

Re: Hi Guys,

Post by rajivferroin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi, I and Mannu have applied on 29th may 2008 and i have got the approval on 17th July and mannu has got the approval on 15th july.

I have already posted the approval information on 17th july 2008 on this forum itself.

regards
rajivferroin
laskk wrote:Mannu,Rajivferroin,surmui, and may applicants:-

As far as my knowledge you guys have applied in month of MAY. As i went through this thread i didn't saw any reply from you guys, wondering about you guys. did you contact HO.

Plz share yours info.

Thanx in advnc!

Regards,

laskk

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi,

I have a query,

I made an application for Tier 1 (General) WP --> Tier 1. Regarding Maintenance funds, did a mistake and confused with transitional arrangements finally running short of 10 days for 3 months (maintained funds £2400 from 10 March to 31 May).

Have applied on 31st May and case still pending..

Please can some one suggest..

Rgds

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_seeker » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:31 pm

jkotha2000 wrote:Hi,

I have a query,

I made an application for Tier 1 (General) WP --> Tier 1. Regarding Maintenance funds, did a mistake and confused with transitional arrangements finally running short of 10 days for 3 months (maintained funds £2400 from 10 March to 31 May).

Rgds
Since you have applied before 29th June'08 ( transitional arrangement comes into picture ), you do not need to cover the three-month period.The specification says for the applications that are received upto 29th June'08, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply.

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 pm

tier1_seeker wrote:

I have a query,

Rgds
Since you have applied before 29th June'08 ( transitional arrangement comes into picture ), you do not need to cover the three-month period.The specification says for the applications that are received upto 29th June'08, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply.
The question I have is, This transitional arrangements are applicable for HSMP approval holders applying for Tier 1 or for initial applicants also, Please let me know your openion...

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:41 pm

jkotha2000 wrote:
tier1_seeker wrote:

I have a query,

Rgds
The question I have is, This transitional arrangements are applicable for HSMP approval holders applying for Tier 1 or for initial applicants also, Please let me know your openion...
It is definitely applicable to applicants for WP to Tier 1 (initial applicants).

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Need HSMP wrote:
jkotha2000 wrote:
tier1_seeker wrote:

I have a query,

Rgds
It is definitely applicable to applicants for WP to Tier 1 (initial applicants).
Thanks so much..
Are there any cases like this got approved?... I am bit stressed out as my application is with Case worker's Manager for about week and half...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:59 am

raovar wrote:i have seen in one of the here saying that if you are in UK as a dependanat, you have to go back to india to apply for Tier 1 General. can anyone provide me where this guideline provided od from where this information they have got please?.

Thanks
Read Employment and switching rules

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Status of my Tier-1 apllication made from UK

Post by abcdhero » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:53 am

Application sent through royal mail - 31 May 2008 (WP to Tier 1)
Received HO reference letter dated 03 June 2008
Status on 26-July-2008: Awaiting

surmui

Re: Hi Guys,

Post by surmui » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:19 pm

laskk wrote:Mannu,Rajivferroin,surmui, and may applicants:-

As far as my knowledge you guys have applied in month of MAY. As i went through this thread i didn't saw any reply from you guys, wondering about you guys. did you contact HO.

Plz share yours info.

Thanx in advnc!

Regards,

laskk
Hi laskk,
Thanks for the above,I have got my approval on 3'rd of July under tier 1 and i did post my details on the same date.U might have missed it .
anyway thanks to you and wishing good luck to all.This is a great forum for all struggling and awaiting alike. :D

aamirmalik

Re: congrats

Post by aamirmalik » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:48 pm

yess i am happy....it is becoz of the forum and you guys....thanks for your advice chakde...
many thanks to CHAKDE, KMORE, SUSHDMEHTA..and every one.....
chakde23 wrote:Congrats Aamir, I am sure you would be relived and quite happy now !

aamirmalik wrote:I have recieved my documents today. this forum has been a great help....due to a very good advice from 2 or 3 members of this forum my application has been approved.

i got 3 year tier 1 visa

thank you all...

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Form link please

Post by tieronevisa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Could any one of you please give me the link of form for "Tier 1 (General) - Main Applicant " And "Tier 1 (General) - Dependant" applying from India (Not from UK).

Thanks.

geriatrix

Re: Form link please

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:17 pm

tieronevisa wrote:Hi Guys,

Could any one of you please give me the link of form for "Tier 1 (General) - Main Applicant " And "Tier 1 (General) - Dependant" applying from India (Not from UK).

Thanks.
Was it difficult to find through the VFS website? Alternatively, read How to apply if you are outside the UK

Make an effort to search the forum for information already available. Will save you time!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

If it is really a pain for you to answer, then better don't reply. I believe there are many mambers in this forum who are ready to help gracefully.

People ask questions to be sure about each and every thing they do in regards with VISA as it means a lot for them.

It is not always necessary to give your "GYAN", rather just pass on the info. That would certainly save hell lot of time.

s_ram
Newly Registered

Post by s_ram » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm

tieronevisa wrote:Hi Sushdmehta,

If it is really a pain for you to answer, then better don't reply. I believe there are many mambers in this forum who are ready to help gracefully.

People ask questions to be sure about each and every thing they do in regards with VISA as it means a lot for them.

It is not always necessary to give your "GYAN", rather just pass on the info. That would certainly save hell lot of time.

I also faced the same problem with Sushdmehta. I think we should start a new thread against Sushdmehta - where people who are annoyed by his reply can share their views. Just a joke... no offence intended...

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm

s_ram wrote:

I also faced the same problem with Sushdmehta. I think we should start a new thread against Sushdmehta - where people who are annoyed by his reply can share their views. Just a joke... no offence intended...

Sushdmehta Certainly is a knowledgeable person but sometimes can come across as bit rude. I recon it might be the case that sometimes people can ask some really silly questions and thats wht drives the whole reaction thing. I think the guy is really helpful to the forum and doing a great job.

Grant :)
Last edited by nevadawipes on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:21 pm

This is simply pathetic....

You know how much Sushdmehta has contributed useful information’s in this forum. In fact sometimes I feel like a fan of him.

Could you guys read something below his signature
When contributing on this public forum, please keep your emotions, personal ego and rage safely lockup up.
He is not paid or he does not earn any publicity by replying to any ones query. I think he along with few other senior members are doing a pretty good job in maintaining this forum from duplicate post and unnecessary threads/post.

If your applying for a VISA which you feel will decide your life, you should be first ready to do lot of research on it and then if you really couldn't find it, then come to this forum and post you questions...

People are not here to just solve your questions which you don’t take any effort to find a solution for your self....

getting an application form is one of the easiest thing you can do in BIA website. Remember your applying for Tier 1 which is for Highly Skilled people. Its not a rocket science....

s_ram wrote:

I also faced the same problem with Sushdmehta. I think we should start a new thread against Sushdmehta - where people who are hurt by his reply can share their views. Just a joke... no offence intended...
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:42 pm

I never intended to start any controversy here, and I do appreciate whatever "susdmehta" is doing. But, his replies and his signature certainly tell that this guy is an arrogant person, who is looking to embarrass people by his knowledge of few rules.
C’mon guys, it is never too hard to be polite. You have no rights to publicly write such messages on this forum.
Above all, it is a forum where people will ask question. And if you don’t feel like answering, then you may simply ignore them.

Finding a form is of course not a rocket science, but getting double-checked never hurts.

Anyways, If possible, please kill this conversation now.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:17 pm

tieronevisa

did you manage to find the link to the forms in the end or not??

Grant

s_ram
Newly Registered

Post by s_ram » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:34 pm

arunkumarprs wrote:
When contributing on this public forum, please keep your emotions, personal ego and rage safely lockup up.
ArunKumarprs,

This is not pathetic... try to be polite in your words...

Exactly what is mentioned in his quote is what we are humbly requesting from him. He should keep his emotions, personal ego and rudeness safely locked up and help others. If he feels someone is asking silly queries no need to reply for the post and avoid hurting others. Something which is silly for him, may not be for the person asking the query.

I will stop with this final post on this issue.

Thanks for everyone who were helpful in my application.

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:07 pm

s_ram wrote:
arunkumarprs wrote:
ArunKumarprs,

This is not pathetic... try to be polite in your words...

Exactly what is mentioned in his quote is what we are humbly requesting from him. He should keep his emotions, personal ego and rudeness safely locked up and help others. If he feels someone is asking silly queries no need to reply for the post and avoid hurting others. Something which is silly for him, may not be for the person asking the query.

I will stop with this final post on this issue.

Thanks for everyone who were helpful in my application.
Hey Guyz,

Comeon.. Why are you wasting your time.....

People are worried and want some information from this forum which is helpful.. and the person who is replying should understand the other person's feelings and answer them.. If you cant just answer please dont reply.

We should honour the anxeity of people who have applied and waiting for long.. In my case I have applied on 31st May and still waiting.

Please help the people in worry.

Rgds

mbasaaga

questions

Post by mbasaaga » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 pm

All questions asked should be answered with respect, even if they appear silly.

catchmk
Newly Registered

Post by catchmk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:29 pm

How can a "highly skilled migrant" not know where to download the form?

Forums are there for helping each other. No one argues with that.

If you have an issue with someone here, take it with them privately. What is the need for public tantrums? Looking for more hands to join in? And do what?

I can atleast digest tieronevisa for rasing his objections to mehta, but s_ram's reply is pathetic. Was he waiting for someone to raise their voice and then do a chorus?

** HANGS HEAD IN SHAME **

pcmalik

Updates

Post by pcmalik » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi jkotha2000,

Did you try calling HO today for any updates?

laskk

Re: Updates

Post by laskk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi P malik,

did u hear any think on urs application.

regards,
laskk
pcmalik wrote:Hi jkotha2000,

Did you try calling HO today for any updates?